Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear

Dance of the April Fools

Come all come all. As you are, in costume, decked in body paint.. what have you.

A hearty welcome to all guest and nobility!

I Lady TiggerBear and the trolls have set up a nice punch fountain. Each of the seven spouts has a different flavor; red is cherry fizz, orange is mango delight, blue is raspberry plum (alcoholic), yellow is lemon slice, purple is grape frappe, green is lime margarita (alcoholic), and pink is peach melba (alcoholic).

We have tandoori chicken with several available chutneys, these delightful fried lentil balls, there's humus and pita crisps, Spinach fondue, and crispy cheese straws. A magnificent Fools cake for desert.

Keep a eye out for the jugglers and where did that sword swallower go?

Join in the festivities my friends! I know the difficulties of transportation and scheduling so this will go on all through the weekend. Starting twilight every night.

Dancing a jig or telling a joke gets you in. :smileyvery-happy:

dulcinea3

Re: Dance of the April Fools

My Lords and Ladies,

With the help of my Feline Friend Salem, I present to you a Procession of Fools, which Salem has materialized from my Collection of Tarot decks.  I hope that you all will Enjoy the Show!

gildfool

For some Reason, the Fools in my Halloween and Jane Austen decks would not Cooperate, but I think that the ones that did make a Goodly Procession!

After the Parade, they will Mingle throughout the Party and perform Tricks for You.

Yours,

Dame Dulcinea

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
pen21

Paddy will be dancing the jig and giving lessons every night of the party.

So stop by for a lesson.

Paddy, Thank you so much for joining us.

I hope the poor man takes a break once in a while.

dulcinea3

My Swiss 1JJ Fool has arrived, somewhat Miffed at being Left Behind!

The Halloween Fool would only come if I let him bring his Friends, so I finally agreed.

And the Jane Austen Fool manifested as a Very Tiny Person.

Ä«µå ¹øÈ£ : 544AM00

But at least I finally got them All Here!  Enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

TiggerBear wrote:

Come all come all. As you are, in costume, decked in body paint.. what have you.

A hearty welcome to all guest and nobility!

I Lady TiggerBear and the trolls have set up a nice punch fountain. Each of the seven spouts has a different flavor; red is cherry fizz, orange is mango delight, blue is raspberry plum (alcoholic), yellow is lemon slice, purple is grape frappe, green is lime margarita (alcoholic), and pink is peach melba (alcoholic).

We have tandoori chicken with several available chutneys, these delightful fried lentil balls, there's humus and pita crisps, Spinach fondue, and crispy cheese straws. A magnificent Fools cake for desert.

Keep a eye out for the jugglers and where did that sword swallower go?

Join in the festivities my friends! I know the difficulties of transportation and scheduling so this will go on all through the weekend. Starting twilight every night.

Dancing a jig or telling a joke gets you in. :smileyvery-happy:

My Dear  lady TiggerBear,Oh my what a trip...I picked up a few Tarot Reading hitchhikers dressed as "April Fool's..So we will dance the Jig,and Have some Punch,so thirsty..Its so colorful here,I see and hearLady  Tbear and pen chatting about "A Marathon Justified,I'm in..Thanks for inviting me and all that could make it.."E" is here thinking of doing a "Wordsmithsonia Reality show"...,must have Punch now....

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
pen21

Look who showed up with Papa Smurf!

pen21

Here is my joke to get in to the party.

Three blondes were walking through the forest when they came upon a set of tracks.
The first blonde said, "Those are deer tracks."
The second blonde said, "No, those are elk tracks."
The third blonde said, "You're both wrong, those are moose tracks."
The blondes were still arguing when the train hit them.

Lady Luanne

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

pen21 wrote:

Three blondes were walking through the forest when they came upon a set of tracks.

Lady Luanne

..Lady Luanne,Your sense  of humor is always so dry,and hilarious..I must remember this one,it could remind people of me  ;  ),when I have Blonde Moments....A Guest Vtc....

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

pen21 wrote:

Lady Luanne

(laughing)

pen21

Even the  cat was laughing at my joke.

pen21

I would like to present these statues of the juggling cat and dog to Lady TiggerBear.

Thanks for the party invite. Lady Luanne

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

pen21 wrote:

I would like to present these statues of the juggling cat and dog to Lady TiggerBear.

Thanks for the party invite. Lady Luanne

Oh My I'm touched! How wonderful!:smileyvery-happy:

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

dulcinea3 wrote:

My Swiss 1JJ Fool has arrived, somewhat Miffed at being Left Behind!

The Halloween Fool would only come if I let him bring his Friends, so I finally agreed.

And the Jane Austen Fool manifested as a Very Tiny Person.

Ä«µå ¹øÈ£ : 544AM00

But at least I finally got them All Here!  Enjoy!

Wow! I must ask, do you collect tarot decks? Those are so pretty.

Ryan_G

To All The Ralm,

I must say that I find this whole outbreak of fools to be quite fun and a little scary, I'm a little scared of clowns, so as long as there aren't too many with painted faces I should be ok. 

I was a little intrigued to find this Fools Map tacked to the door of the 3rd Secondary Playroom on the 8th floor of the palace.  I was just curious to see if anyone knew how it got there.

"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Ryan_G wrote:

To All The Ralm,

I must say that I find this whole outbreak of fools to be quite fun and a little scary, I'm a little scared of clowns, so as long as there aren't too many with painted faces I should be ok. 

I was a little intrigued to find this Fools Map tacked to the door of the 3rd Secondary Playroom on the 8th floor of the palace.  I was just curious to see if anyone knew how it got there.

Well the sword swallower did disappear for a few hours.

dulcinea3
0 Kudos

TiggerBear wrote:

Wow! I must ask, do you collect tarot decks? Those are so pretty.

Yes, I do - thanks!  I tried to find images of the Fool card from all of the ones that I have.  I meant to check last night to see if I missed any, but I forgot; I think that is all of them.  Although I see that I was right about the Swiss 1JJ Fool being miffed, because he is gone again!  I took the Tarot course on the old BNU 3 times, and that got me started on buying multiple decks.  Before that, I only used to buy different types of oracles, and had only 1 Tarot deck.  I keep telling myself that I have enough Tarot decks, but then I see another one I like!  Just last week I got the Paulina deck (the very elaborate pastel one that is about the 5th one down in my first post).

Dear Sire Ryan, I am Sorry if my Fools scared you because of your Fear of Clowns!  But many Fools are Clowns and many Clowns are Fools, so it is difficult to Avoid them at an April Fools party!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

pen21 wrote:

Lady Luanne

Love it!!!!

KathyS

My dear Lady TiggerBear, and people of the Kingdom.

I am so sorry I could not come to the opening of the dance last night.  The day simply turned into a nightmare!  I will be there as soon as I can. 

I got up, first thing yesterday morning, with good intentions of going into the village to simply pick up my new costume, and then run a few errands for the construction workers.  Well, the first thing that happened was, while I was dealing with my laundry, Rascal seemed to have discovered the laundry shoot.  While I was brushing my teeth, I heard a little meow.  I looked everywhere, but couldn't find where it was coming from.  Then as I tossed my laundry down the shoot, I heard the loudest hissing and screeching coming back at me.  He had actually curled himself up, under my dirty gardening clothes, then I must have hurled him down onto the floor in the basement. I rudely awakened him! 

He was not happy with me, at all!   This reminds me of when I found Snorky and Dorky down in that pile of laundry, but this little Rascal was not at all happy to see me, or willing for me to pick him up and give him a little hug and a kiss, which he always loves.  He took a swipe at me!  To make a long story short, along with the errands I had to run, I needed to visit the hospital for some attention to my nose.  And a Tetanus shot was necessary.  I do so hate those shots, they leave my arm so sore, I cannot move it!

Anyway, as you know, we have had Godzilla to deal with, as of late, so I was on the alert!   But as I entered the back way through the forest, an arm reached out and grabbed me around the waist!   A gorilla!  I honestly didn't think we had gorillas in our realm!  He scared me to death!  HE YELLED, APRIL FOOL!  I may ask the doctor for a few tranquilizer while I am at it!

Gorilla in the Midst Costume

He released me, and all was well until I reached the village costume store.  You do remember  crazy, hazy Hazel, the proprietor of the store?  Well, I was talking to her about the construction workers, and having to go to the hardware store, once I picked up my costume for the party....she said, I have just what your construction workers want!  I was confused!  I told her that these guys like their little poker games, and their beer while they play, and what did that have to do with costumes?!  She grabbed me by my arm, and dragged me into the changing room, and this is what happened!

I said they like to play Texas Hold'Em~

Sexy Texas Hold'Em Costume
While they had their beer
Super Beer Girl Costume

And I had to find a stud finder for them
Stud Finder Costume
By this time, I stopped talking about what I had to get for these workers, and paid for my costume, then headed out the door, for the hardware store....and who do you think I ran into on the lane? Prince Froggy of Frogdom!  He chased me hill and dale, trying to get me to kiss him!  I swear that Prince gets more and more aggressive each time I run into him!  I keep telling him I am old enough to be his mother!
Frog Prince Costume
And along comes the King of Spades, just in the nick of time.  He had been working in his garden, and was, himself, walking to the hardware store, to pick up another spade.  He took royal care of Prince Froggy, post haste!
King of Spades Costume
After I finished the shopping, got my nose taken care of at the hospital, and came home, I was so tired I took a nap.  Well, I slept all night!
I'm just now putting on my costume, and to my dismay, the last thing I remember saying to Crazy, Hazy Hazel was, "I feel like a martini"!
Martini Costume
I will come down to the party, as soon as I figure out how to navigate the stairs!
KathyS
0 Kudos

Ryan_G wrote:

To All The Realm,

My dear son,

I feared for you, my son, when I saw the clown's faces!  Are you all right?  I hope they did not give you too much of a fright? 

This is very strange, indeed, this map.  And even stranger, where you found it!  I did happen to see Countess Victoria, aka Susan, coming down from the upper floors, earlier this morning.  Do you suppose she may know something about this?

Before my eyes, first I see this map, then it disappears, then it reappears.  A fool's map, perhaps?  I am sorry, I do not understand this language, and all of these symbols for which is written upon it.  We may need a translator of old English.  I possibly know of someone who could help us.  I will get back to you on this matter, soon.

Q Mummy

NOSCE TE  IPSVM

Aurculis afini  quis non habet

O Caput elle borro dignum

Stuftorum Infinittis eft numberous.

pen21

I see the sword swallower and the juggler are entertaining tonight.