Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
0 Kudos

Re: Emotional Landscapes

becke_davis wrote:
Please do that, Kathy -- I'd like to watch it, if it's on again.

I found it!  There is always a possiblity that it will be on again, but I found the DVD!  Here is the link to Music Instinct: Science and Song  It comes out in July.

I'll say, anyone who is interested in finding the link between music...the science of....and life,  and above all, what words mean to us in our life.... this is the most comprehensive view that I've ever seen.  Taking into consideration that I know music....I know what they're talking about....and I know what it's all meant to me in my life.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Thanks for doing the research on this, Kathy!
Correspondent
Par4course
0 Kudos

Although I haven't had much time,

I thought I'd try a little rhyme

About how music, art and flowers

All seem to have such magical powers.

When I'm trying to get my flowers growing,

Some music sets my mind to glowing.

The sounds of nature mix right in,

And always make me want to grin.

How wonderful is this world of ours

That lets me play outside for hours,

And so again get back in touch

With my child inside that I miss so much.

Okay, I'ml not too sure about those last two lines...does it sound okay?

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I love the poem! The last two lines are great, but you don't need to miss that child inside -- you should free her! Rediscover your childhood -- do the things that you enjoyed then. I've been going through some books I loved as a kid -- amazing all the memories that come back!
KathyS
0 Kudos

The Child Inside - Par4Course

Par4course wrote:

Although I haven't had much time,

I thought I'd try a little rhyme

About how music, art and flowers

All seem to have such magical powers.

When I'm trying to get my flowers growing,

Some music sets my mind to glowing.

The sounds of nature mix right in,

And always make me want to grin.

How wonderful is this world of ours

That lets me play outside for hours,

With my child inside that I miss so much.

Okay, I'm not too sure about those last two lines...does it sound okay?

Sounds great...I just changed the last line.  See if that sounds better.  Don't forget, when you write something, title it in your subject line!  If you don't title what you write, we can't tell if you've written something of your own, or responding to something I've written (or someone else) ....so I gave it a title for you. :smileyhappy:   My view of these boards is the "threaded" view...not the linear view.  Do you know what that means?  If you don't, respond to me in the "Thyme out" -chat room thread, and I'll explain it. 

with my child inside I missed so much

Correspondent
Par4course
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:
I love the poem! The last two lines are great, but you don't need to miss that child inside -- you should free her! Rediscover your childhood -- do the things that you enjoyed then. I've been going through some books I loved as a kid -- amazing all the memories that come back!

Ah, Becke, that's the best thing about being an elementary school teacher.  I can keep rereading my childhood favorites.  When we're not deep into some serious studying that has to be learned (state standards), I pull one out and read it to the children.  I have to explain some things, though.  Like steam shovels (remember Mike Mulligan?).  And the students love to know tht grownups don't always read grownup books - that it's okay to just relax and read for fun sometimes.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I still have a copy of Mike Mulligan and his steam shovel. Great book! I love to go through our collection of children's books periodically -- so many treasures there!
KathyS
0 Kudos

And?

I give up!
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: becke groveling for Kathy's forgiveness

Okay - I remembered to change it! Geesh!
KathyS
0 Kudos

Please, no...

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: staying organized

I stay organized in spite of myself.

For those of you who, like Kathy, follow a lot of different book clubs and threads, it does help to go to your personal options and try the different thread views to see which works best for you.  If you only follow a few book clubs or threads, it's probably not something you're going to need to worry about.

Kathy has a lot of experience with this, but if you have questions or run into technical difficulties, please let me know and I'll help out. The goal is to make it easy to keep track of the conversations you are following. If you are managing okay as you are, then don't worry about setting up a different option. 

Correspondent
Par4course
0 Kudos

Re: new poem

This one is just me being silly...

(KathyS, I can never think of titles - help me?)

Little bird that hops around

In the trees, and on the ground,

Why do you only eat my seeds

and not the bugs all bugging me? 

It seems we either get a flood

and have to wade through lots of mud,

or temperatures so very high

without a cloud up in the sky.

But birdies always need to eat

and often like a special treat,

So please do your little dance

and get those bugs off from my plants!!!:smileyvery-happy:

KathyS
0 Kudos

Going To The Bugs

Ha!  This is a cute one....and yes, I can see how bugs will make you silly...or goofy, or crazy...or simply drive you nuts!... :smileytongue:  I had a hard time with this one...it isn't speaking to me.  I probably have a bug in my ear!:  Good luck with this one!

Going Buggy

Let the Bugs Have It!

The Negligent Little Bird

Picky Are The Birds!

Birds and Bugs Don't Mix!

Par4course wrote:

This one is just me being silly...

(KathyS, I can never think of titles - help me?)

Little bird that hops around

In the trees, and on the ground,

Why do you only eat my seeds

and not the bugs all bugging me? 

It seems we either get a flood

and have to wade through lots of mud,

or temperatures so very high

without a cloud up in the sky.

But birdies always need to eat

and often like a special treat,

So please do your little dance

and get those bugs off from my plants!!!:smileyvery-happy:

Correspondent
Par4course
0 Kudos

Re: new poem

Guess I'll go for "Going Buggy" - - sounds how I feel lately.  Too much planned for the last few days of school, but it'll soon be over.
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Gardening: In Your Own Words

Kathy - I found it. These old threads never really go away, but they can hide pretty well!

KathyS
0 Kudos

Thanks, Becke.  I thought for sure we had nailed this one to the top of the board...I guessed wrong..  I know they don't get deleted, or, I hoped not,  but I thought you'd be able to find it faster than me.  I had a feeling it was buried, and getting through these pages is like trolling in molasses, for me!  And I hope you've forgiven me for scaring you out of your skin!  :smileyhappy:  BOO!  :smileyvery-happy:

becke_davis
0 Kudos

My husband thought it was hilarious, Kathy!

KathyS
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

My husband thought it was hilarious, Kathy!

I'm assuming you're referring to the "ghost" story?  :smileyhappy:   I'm glad he thought is was hilarious... My friend asked me if I watched it again...I said, H*ll no!  It scared the living daylights out of me!   She watched it again!   I should send it to Ellen DeGeneres, she loves to scare people!   I'm going to send it to my daughter, tonight....she'll get it at her work tomorrow!  I'd love to be there when she opens it! LOL   I'll have to plan this out!  Maybe I'll send it to her boss, too!  Ha!  Stay tuned!

Inspired Contributor
Choisya
0 Kudos

Great little piece Sunltcloud!  Some gnomes I fondly remember were the ones around the tents of campers in the Moselle Valley, where Germans had set up temporary Schrebergarten.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

It was Kathy's suggestion to highlight this thread again. Any of you can post here -- your thoughts on gardening in general, essays about your garden (or anything garden-related), your poetry, even your pictures. You can "copy image" from the web, but if you want to upload pictures from your computer, I'll have to help you. Send me a personal message here if any of you want to post pictures.