Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS

Re: Name That Book!

[ Edited ]

debbook wrote:

The Bridges of Wordsmithonia County

:smileyvery-happy:  ..so, dear daughter of mine, where are the "bridges"?  Or is it a gap we're tryig to fill? :-)

Smurfs and Elves have wonderous flings,

magical horses and all good things

Knowing how we love to jest

only you can do your best!

Capture fairies in the air

hold them close and hear them swear

mystic harps will sing their songs

only you can stop the throngs

Crossing bridges, from east to west

help to gather birds to nest

fantasy and frolicking frogs

only you can swim the bogs

ETC., ETC., ETC. :smileyhappy:

Message Edited by KathyS on 03-30-2009 08:38 PM
KathyS

Re: Glossary for The Kingdom of Wordsmithonia Volume 2

debbook wrote:
Thank you for all your hard work King Ryan. We are repaying you by coming up with the name(s) of the book(s) that you are going to write, become more wealthy that JK Rowling, and take care of us in our old age. No pressure.

I'm already old!  I need the royalties NOW! It's the least my kids can do for their old, decrepit, arthritic ridden, rheumatoid pleagued, mother!  Not to mention my carpal tunnel wrists, and sciatic back problems...but I don't want you to worry about me, I'll be fine....in the after life.

(no pressure, here, either)

QMummy :smileysad:

Distinguished Wordsmith
Dreamer4ever

KathyS wrote:

debbook wrote:
Thank you for all your hard work King Ryan. We are repaying you by coming up with the name(s) of the book(s) that you are going to write, become more wealthy that JK Rowling, and take care of us in our old age. No pressure.

I'm already old!  I need the royalties NOW! It's the least my kids can do for their old, decrepit, arthritic ridden, rheumatoid pleagued, mother!  Not to mention my carpal tunnel wrists, and sciatic back problems...but I don't want you to worry about me, I'll be fine....in the after life.

Oh, Madame. You'll never seem old to any of us in Wordsmithonia.

The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them. --Mark Twain
KathyS

Dreamer4ever wrote:

KathyS wrote:

debbook wrote:

Oh, Madame. You'll never seem old to any of us in Wordsmithonia.

Lady Dreamer, Dream on! 

One must keep one's heart and mind young.

Keeping the cogs greased is half the fun!

Your Queen Mother thanks you. :smileyhappy:

Kathy

Distinguished Wordsmith
Dreamer4ever
0 Kudos

Well, then I will say you're an inspiration, Queen Mother! :smileywink:
The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them. --Mark Twain
Ryan_G

Re: Glossary for The Kingdom of Wordsmithonia Volume 3

[ Edited ]

Anti-Republican Army  ---  Army maintained by Lady Choisya in defense of the Republican hoardes massing on the right of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia.  Picture of a Army Unit 

Bookendian  ---  Duchy held by King Ryan.  Picture of Bookendian Castle 

Choisya, Lady  ---  Duchess of Contributu, Baroness of Watership Down.  Sits on Royal Council of Advisors.  Ambassador to the Court of the Queen of England.  General of the Anti-Republicain Army.  Regulates all concerns involving hares or rabbits.  Picture of Lady Choisya 

Codexia  ---  Barony held by Lady Dreamer.  Picture of Codexian Castle 

Contributu  ---  Duchy held by Lady Choisya.  Picture of Contribututian Castle 

Crankyville  ---  Holding of Lord Everyman.  Picture of Castle of Crankyville 

Deb, Princess  ---  Princess of Wordsmithonia, Duchess of Wordsville, Marquessa of Gotham.  Sits on Royal Council of Advisors.  Head Librarian of all Kingdom Libraries.  Regulates all activities of kingdom Super Heroes.  Master of the Beasts.

Picture of Princess Deb 

Dreamer, Lady  ---  Baroness of Codexia.  Curator of all religous prophecies, portents, and myths.  Picture of Lady Dreamer 

Dulcinea, Dame  ---  Grand Dame of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia.  Sits on Royal Council of Advisors.  Regulates all wicked witches, warlocks, and wizards.  Mistress of the Dragons.  Poets Laureate of Wordsmithonia.  Picture of Dame Dulcinea 

Eternia  ---  Duchy helf by Lady Silverwings.  Picture of Eternian Palace 

Everyman, Lord  ---  Earl of Crankyville, Sultan of Insultian.  A.K.A as The Frog, Sir Frog, Frog,  Panda, Sir Panda, Panda with Warts.  Currently exiled to Island of Flying Monkeyes.  Portrait of Lord Everyman 

Fantasia  ---  Duchy held by Dame Dulcinea.  Picture of Fantasian Castle 

Gotham  ---  Holding held by Princess Deb.  Picture of Gotham Castle 

Highland Palms  --- Duchy helf by Dowager Queen Kathy.  Picture of Highland Palms Castle 

Insultian  ---  Holding of Lord Everyman.  Picture of Insultian Castle 

Kathy, Dowager Queen  ---  Former ruler of Wordsmithonia, Duchess of Highland Palms, Mother of King Ryan and Princess Deb, Great-Great Grandauther of King Kylryan, Great-Great Neice of Prince Billfor.  Sits on Royal Council of Advisors.  Regulates activites of Emmett Kelly and his Ilk.  Advises on all culinary matters.  Picture of Dowager Queen Kathy

Land of Oz  ---  Holding held by Dame Dulcinea.  Picture of the Castle of Oz 

Letteria  ---  Holding of King Ryan.  Picture of Letterian Castle 

Republican Hoardes  ---  Great army amassing to the right of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia.  They do a lot of blustering but don't pose a real threat due to excellent Anti-Republican Army.  Picture of Republican Hoardes 

Ryan, King  ---  King of Wordsmithonia, Earl of Letteria, Duke of Bookendian,  Son of Dowager Queen Kathy, Brother of Princess Deb, Great-Great-Great Grandson of King Kylryan, Great-Great-Great Nephew of Prince Billfor Picture of King Ryan

Silverwings, Lady  ---  Duchess of Eternia.  Kingdom liason to other planets.  Mistress of Music.  Picture of Lady Silverwings 

Tiggerbear, Lady  ---  Baroness of Valdemar.  Liason to all kingdom Psychics.  Horse Mistress.  Picture of Lady Tiggerbear 

Valdemar  ---  Barony held by Lady Tiggerbear.  Picture of Valdemarian Castle 

Watership Down  ---  Barony held by Lady Choisya.  Picture of Watership Down Castle 

Wordsville  ---  Duchy helf by Princess Deb.  Picture of Wordsville Castle

Message Edited by Ryan_G on 03-31-2009 11:28 PM
Message Edited by Ryan_G on 03-31-2009 11:32 PM
"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
Ryan_G

Re: Glossary for The Kingdom of Wordsmithonia Volume 4

Armoury of Enchanted Weapons  ---  Special armoury within the walls of the Royal Palace that holds all enchanted weaponry.  Picture is classified.

Billfor, Prince  ---  Former Prince of Wordsmithonia.  Brother to King Kylryan, Great-Great Uncle to Dowager Queen Kathy, Great-Great-Great Uncle to Kind Ryan and Princess Deb.

Picture of Prince Billfor 

Bitys  ---  Hyracotherium in the care of Lady Carmen.  Picture of Bitys 

Bldokuar Mages  ---  Society of mages that has learned to mix both magic and telepathy to highten both fields.  Picture of a Bldokuar Mage   Picture of Bldokuar Mage Stronghold

Burges  ---  Butler to the Royal Family.  Picture of Burges 

Carmen, Lady  ---  Baroness of Dinotopia.  Charged with the protection of remaining prehistoric creatures in the kingdom.  Oversees the fuctioning of all Royal Intruments of Scrying, including thos used in fortune telling and farseeing.  Regulates all air travel.

Picture of Lady Carmen

Dinotopia  ---  Barony held by Lady Carmen.  Picture of Dinotopian Castle 

Dollhouse  ---  Espionage Agency inside the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia.  Picture of the Dollhouse 

Dr. Otto Van Hiddengard  ---  Former doctor to Lady Katrina, also knows as Madame Veronica/Victoria.  Owner of The Eye Glass Botique.  Under servelliance due to former relationship with named noblewoman.  Picture of Dr. Otto Van Hiddengard 

Felis  ---  Smilodon in the care of Lady Carmen.  Picture of Felis 

Hercule Poiroit  ---  Detective in the employ of the Royal Family.  Picture of Hercule Poiroit 

Hounds of the Baskervilles  ---  Guard dogs of the palace.  Picture of the Hounds of the Baskervilles 

Joe Wilson  ---  Chief espionage agent of the kingdom.  Head of Dollhouse.  Picture of Joe Wilson 

Kylryan, King  ---  Former King of Wordsmithonia.  Great-Great Grandfather to Dowager Queen Kathy, Great-Great-Great Grandfather of King Ryan and Princess Deb, Brother to Prince Billfor.  Known for his pranks and tricks, more often than not directed as his brother.

Picture of King Kylryan 

Madame Cleo  ---  Astrologer too Lady Katrina who is also known as Madame Veronica/Victoria.   Picture of Madame Cleo

Naan  ---  Uncle to Lady Katrina, also known as Madame Veronica/Victoria, not related to Royal Family however.  Recently became a Buddhist Monk.  Picture of Naan 

Perifeather, Lord  ---  Guardian of Lady Katrina who is also known as Madame Veronica/Victoria.  Picture of Lord Perifeather 

Proffesor Xavier  ---  Psychic Advisor to Royal Family.  Picture of Poffesor Xavier 

Raven, Lady  ---  Marquessa of Shannara.  Has natural report with ravens, blackbirds, crows, redwinged blackbirds, rooks and starlings.   Regulates activites involving Banshees and Women in White.  In charge of the Armoury of Enchanted Weapons.  Picture of Lady Raven

Shannara  ---  Holding of Lady Raven.   Picture of Shannarian Castle

Sherlock Holmes  ---  Detective in the employ of the Royal Family  Picture of Sherlock Holmes 

The Eye Boutique  ---  Eyeglass boutique owned by a former doctor of Lady Katrina (also known as Madame Veronica/Victoria) by the name of Dr. Otto Van Hiddengard.  Because of this association all activities are being monitored.  Picture of the Eye Botique 

Tinkerbell ---  Fairy of questionable reputation.  Picture of Tinkerbell 

Verita Senso Mages  ---  Society of mages adept at creating and seeing through illusions and glamours.  Picture of a Verita Senso Mage      Picture of Verita Senso Mage Stronghold

Wizard of Hypnotic Fun  ---   Evil Wizard employed by Lady Katrina who is also known as Madame Veronica/Victoria.  Picture of Wizard of Hypnotic Fun

Inspired Scribe
carmen22
0 Kudos

King Ryan,

Where did you get such an outstanding picture of me lol!!!

Is there anything I can do for you while you are working so hard on our glossary My Lord some water perhaps or Felis and I would be more than happy to get rid of these pesty Trolls ? I am at your disposal My Lord anything that is in my power to do for you just say the word!!

Lady Carmen, Baroness of Dinotopia

"Bright colors, Vasher thought. I'll have to get used to those again. In any other nation, the vibrant blues and yellows would have been ridiculous on soldiers. This, however, was Hallandren: land of Returned gods, Lifeless servants, BioChromatic research, and - of course - color." Warbreaker By Brandon Sanderson
Ryan_G

Re: Glossary for The Kingdom of Wordsmithonia Volume 5

Dragons  ---  The largest non human sentient race dwelling within the kindgom of wordsmithonia.  There are twelve different species.

Black Dragon     Blue Dragon     Bronze Dragon     Chinese Dragon     Gold Dragon 

Green Dragon     Luck Dragon     Red Dragon     Silver Dragon     Water Dragon  

White Dragon     Yellow Dragon   

Dragoon  ---  Sentient race living within the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia.  They are a natually occuring byproduct of dragons being hit by lightning.  They appear to be a combination of dragon and human.  They have wings that are only seen when they chooe to show them.  There are only 61 individual Dragoons living.   Picture of a Dragoon

Draughts  ---  Favorite game of both Rolly Pollys and Dragons.  Picture of a draughts gameboard 

Elf  ---  Sentient race living within the woodlands of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia.  Third in number only to humans and dragons.  Have strong love for the land and Al Gore for his fight against Global Warming.  Picture of a Elf Lord 

The Exploding Cow  ---  Elvish Inn that Lady Raven stayed in during a quest.  Picture of The Exploding Cow 

Foot Fungalsous  ---  Fungal disease caused by walking barefoot across wet gravel that has been seeded by mushroom spores and barley seed.  Causes blue, green, and black mushrooms to grow on the top of the foot.  Can only be removed by spreading tartar sauce on the foot three times a day for 34 days.  Picture deemed to gross to print. 

Goofy  ---  Citizen of Wordsmithonia.  Employed as a woodcutter.  Picture of Goofy 

Island of Arlecchino  ---  Island were Emmett Kelly and his ilk were exiled to prevent a epidemic of coulrophobia.  Picture of Island of Arlecchino

Kofia  ---  Favorite hot drink of the Rolly Pollys.  It is made by brewing fresh coffee beans with water wrung from a Fresh Water River Salmon.  Picture of Kofia

Kinya  ---  Dragon and guardian of Lady Melissa.  Picture of Kinya 

Madame Miranda  ---  Chief Clothier to Queen Dowager Kathy.  Picture of Madame Miranda 

Melvin, Monestrial  ---  Monestrial Melvin is the leader of all Dragoons living within the kingdom, because of this he is the only two headed Dragoon.  He was the childhood friend of King Ryan and has quarters in the Royal Palace.  He will do favors for the Royal Family as well as sits on the Royal Council of Advisors.   There is no picture of Monestrial Melvin because he is very shy of cameras and refuses to sit for a portrait.

Mickey  ---  Citizen of Wordsmithonia.  Employed as a woodcutter.  Picture of Mickey 

Mungo Beans  ---  Currency of the Realm.  Main food staple of the average citizen.  Picture of Mungo Beans 

Order of the Bathgarter  ---  Ancient English honor that allows members to eath thinly cut salmon and cucumber sandwiches in the bath while wearing a garter.  The Royal Family of Wordsmithonia were recently inducted into the order.  Heraldry of The Order of the Bathgarter 

Salmonvanillainfluenza  ---  Viral disease that is caught by eating 3 1/2 day old Fresh Water River Salmon that has been left out in the sun.  Makes the victim break out in pink spots and ooze neon green liquid from both armpits and palms.  Picture deemed to gross to print.

Sam Franklin  ---  Butcher to the Royal Family.  Picture of Sam Franklin

Shalshes  ---  Elf maiden who is reliable other than being a kleptomaniac with a passion for enchanted weapons.  Picture of Shalshes

Inspired Contributor
Choisya
0 Kudos

Re: Glossary

Wonderful O Beloved King!! Many thanks!   Could we please have a link to the winning Haiku because I can't find it and I see it is about a Garden. 
Ryan_G

Re: Glossary for The Kingdom of Wordsmithonia Volume 6

[ Edited ]

Banshee  ---  Sentient spirit race.  Nobody really knows where they came from other than that they are born of magic.  They are able to sense ill intent within someone and mark that person for all to see.  Picture of a Banshee

Dryad  ---  Sentient nature spirt that lives in mature woodlands.  They are shy of nature and only come to court when needed.  Picture of a Dryad  

Elementals  --- There are four immortal nature spirits that have dominion over the four elements.  They have been here since the begining of time and have a formal truce with the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia.  They are Ehlana the Fire Elemental, Jord the Earth Elemental, Orkan the Air Elemental, Vatten the Water Elemental

Gryphon  ---  They are a magically created sentient race that are a recent adition to the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia.  They are from another land far past the Mountains of Planina.  They escaped from the evil wizard that created them to find a new home.  Dowager Queen Kathy, who was the ruler at the time, allowed them to settle in the kingdom.  There are only 43 in number two of who are new fledgelings born since their settlement here.  Picture of a Gryphon

Kobold  ---  The are a relatively small sentient race.  There are only a few hundred of them.  They are reptelian in appearance but are a generally harmless.  They tend to adopt a human family and act as guardians of a sort.  Picture of a Kobold

Nymph  ---  Sentient nature spirit who live in streams, lakes, rivers, and ponds.  They are rarely ever seen or heard from.  They are shy of nature and only come to court when the need is great.   Picture of a Nymph

Ogre  ---  Semi-sentient race living within the kingdom.  They are fairly primative and are just now forming a society.  They have no real contact with any other race and still exist in fairly low numbers.  There are only about 40 of them in existense.  Picture of a Ogre

Pegasus  ---  Non sentient winged horse.   Picture of a Pegasus

Roc  ---  Non sentient giant bird that lives on sea cliffs.  They can be harnessed and a light weight rider can then be carried.  Picture of a Roc 

Unicorn  ---  Non Sentient creature born of magic.  Their horns have healing powers that work only when the unicorn is alive.  Picture of a Unicorn

Woman in White  ---  No other name is know for this unique sentient race living within Wordsmithonia.  They are all ethereal spirits of air that are born from a woman who dies before having children.  They are rather standoffish and keep to their own territory which lies along the western border so little is know on their numbers.  They will from time to time send a representative to court but will only talk to another woman.  They never send the same representative more than once so even the name of the individual is rarely ever discovered.  Picture of a Woman in White

Message Edited by Ryan_G on 04-01-2009 10:46 PM
Message Edited by Ryan_G on 04-01-2009 10:48 PM

KathyS

Dame Ducinea's poem

[ Edited ]

Choisya wrote:
Wonderful O Beloved King!! Many thanks!   Could we please have a link to the winning Haiku because I can't find it and I see it is about a Garden. 

Here is the beautiful Haiku, created by our beloved Dame Dulcinea

In My Garden

my scarlet roses

fiery wild masterpieces

true symbols of love

Message Edited by KathyS on 04-01-2009 09:43 PM
Scribe
debbook

Re: Glossary for The Kingdom of Wordsmithonia Volume 6

Ryan, amazing!! I love my castles, I can't decide which one to stay in first. I do hope none of my castles are near crankyville!!

There are not enough laurels to give you!!

A room without books is like a body without a soul.~ Cicero...
"bookmagic418.blogspot.com
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Your Home Is Your Castle

My Dear Sister,

I am most pleased that you are happy with the way the photographer captured the essence of your castles.  I was just looking at them again myself and I must admit yours are looking better than mine in the pictures.  I am waiting on the photgrapher to finish taking pictures of our Royal Palace, once that is done I will be posting that in Volume 7 of the golassary.  I'm exhausted from our trip to England though and will probably be turning in early tonight.  Of course knowing me that means I still won't go to bed for a few more hours.

Your Adoring Brother,

Ryan, King of Wordsmithonia

Ryan_G

Noble Portraits

To All Nobles of Wordsmithonia,

I do hope that you all were happy with the portraits that were used for your glossary listings.  I know most of you submitted more than one portrait for consideration, but me and the Editor had to choose what we thought were the best ones.  I hope we chose correctly and that everyone is happy.  I also hope that those of you who journeyed across the pond with us are now resting and have happy memories to cherish for all time.

By My Own Hand,

King Ryan the Bibliophile of Wordsmithonia

Distinguished Wordsmith
Raven_Lunatic

Ryan_G wrote:

Raven, Lady  ---  Marquessa of Shannara.  Has natural report with ravens, blackbirds, crows, redwinged blackbirds, rooks and starlings.   Regulates activites involving Banshees and Women in White.  In charge of the Armoury of Enchanted Weapons.  Picture of Lady Raven

My lord king, your glossary is impeccable. However, the picture you have included of me is an old one, from before my elevation. Here is a more recent photograph, taken at my old family estate.

Yours,

Lady Raven, Marquessa of Shannara

Inspired Scribe
carmen22

[ Edited ]

Raven_Lunatic wrote:

Ryan_G wrote:

My lord king, your glossary is impeccable. However, the picture you have included of me is an old one, from before my elevation. Here is a more recent photograph, taken at my old family estate.

Yours,

Wow Raven what a cool Picture It would make a good cover !! I would end up buying the book just for the cover lol!!
Message Edited by carmen22 on 04-03-2009 02:25 PM
"Bright colors, Vasher thought. I'll have to get used to those again. In any other nation, the vibrant blues and yellows would have been ridiculous on soldiers. This, however, was Hallandren: land of Returned gods, Lifeless servants, BioChromatic research, and - of course - color." Warbreaker By Brandon Sanderson
Scribe
debbook

I would, too. Cool picture

carmen22 wrote:

Raven_Lunatic wrote:

Ryan_G wrote:

Yours,

Wow Raven what a cool Picture It would make a good cover !! I would end up buying the book just for the cover lol!!
Message Edited by carmen22 on 04-03-2009 02:25 PM

A room without books is like a body without a soul.~ Cicero...
"bookmagic418.blogspot.com
KathyS

Re: Noble Portraits

[ Edited ]

Ryan_G wrote:

I do hope that you all were happy with the portraits that were used for your glossary listings.  I know most of you submitted more than one portrait for consideration, but me and the Editor had to choose what we thought were the best ones.  I hope we chose correctly and that everyone is happy.  I also hope that those of you who journeyed across the pond with us are now resting and have happy memories to cherish for all time.

By My Own Hand,

My dear son,

My picture does seem a bit dated, it doesn't really show me off.  My hair style and color have changed this past year, as have my dress style.  But, it is all right, that picture will be just fine for our B&N Wordsmithonia disply wall.

And, by the way, I'm still in England.  I missed my plane out last night, after having to stay later than anticipated, working in Her Majesty's garden.  I ate my salmon and cuccumber sandwiches as I worked, not in the bath as was promised.  And Her Magesty's shipment of flowers to be planted, all arrived later than expected, as you know. Then we had to secure your sister's hounds, once we found them.  They managed to trample the newly planted flower beds, and that took a dog's age to correct. 

Now, I'm in the bath, soaking, and scraping the mud off of me, and finally enjoying a cup of tea.  Your sister has left the UK, as far as I know, but I am not sure, since I did not see her to the airport.  The last time I saw her, she was trying to stuff Snorky and Dorky into their carriers.  Unfortunately, the carriers are the size of a Corgi, and you know how big Deb's hounds are!  Seeing Deb's feet pressed upon her dogs' butts, shoving them into the space of a thimble, where not a sight for these poor old eyes of mine.  I had to leave her to fend this predicament, by herself.

I will return on the next fllight out. 

Until then,

Your loving,

QMummy

Message Edited by KathyS on 04-03-2009 12:23 PM
TiggerBear

Re: Noble Portraits

Ryan_G wrote:

By My Own Hand,

Well my hair isn't that color....