Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Re: Glossary for the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia Volume 13

What great fun this is, I give a royal curtsey to King Ryan for all his hard work in making the Kingdom better for all her inhabitants.

My contribution to the glossary

A Kinder Gentler Wordsmithonia

Bibliophile
Melhay
0 Kudos

King Ryan,

I really do hate to bother you, being you are so busy with your courtly duties and the craziness of the storms effects.  I can search this myself if you would like, but you have used many pictures here and I would hate to duplicate anything you have already given to someone.  I think I was on one of the first glossary entries and do not have a portrait picture.  I am sorry.  I was going to post over on the whos who thread and realized I didn't have a picture to share.  Would you like to pull the picture best suited out of the porfolio I am sending you or would you like me to pick one out?  Please let me know and I will send the porfolio to you here today.  I think we have a runner heading your way with letters to other friends and family members.

Thank you for you time King Ryan.  I hope you are having a wonderful day.

Lady Melissa

My Blog Spot: http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/
Distinguished Bibliophile
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Lady Melissa,

I do apologize for the oversight.  I just spoke with our royal portrait painter, Edward Gorey, and he told me that he was working on one right now but it make take a few weeks.  You are more than happy to select one yourself if you already have one available.  Sorry for the misunderstanding.

By My Own Hand,

King Ryan the Bibliophile of Wordsmithonia

"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
Inspired Contributor
rosilynn_grey

Re: Glossary for The Kingdom of Wordsmithonia Volume 2

[ Edited ]

King Ryan, Could these be added to the list?

Cats Eye Crossing- Road that leads from the palace that conjoins with Princess Rose's cottage and onto a private path for domesticated animals to roam that enjoy a leisurely stroll outside that can be enjoyed by all.

Nightinggale Lake- Lake that is secluded behind Princess Rose' s cottage

Snorklet- An underwater creature that can only be seen during the day that looks like a fish , but has a snorkle-like nose on top of its head that it can breathe through. (unsure where its found, I haven't seen one yet)

Abigail of Rosegardenland- Princess Rose's cat

Amelia of Rosegardenland- Princess Rose's cat

Coal of Rosegardenland- Princess Rose's cat

Sassy of Rosegardenland- Princess Rose's dog

Abbyssmal- feeling of being unhopeful. One that feels like life is an "abbyss" that draws them in by unfortunate events/things.

Ophilia- Wise witch , but becareful, for she can also be known to cast spells to make a person dance, sing, or act silly.

Delilah- Fairy that lives in roses that helps bees find their way to the roses so that they can be pollinated. Helper of the smurfs and garden creatures . she has bright firey hair and is the most lovely of all the fairies (for the others are quite shy and rarely come out for others to see). She lives in willow trees and has no perminent residency . for when one tree gets fungus or dies, she moves to another.

Christina
Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS

Glossary - Volume 2 - Addendum by Princess Rose

rosilynn_grey wrote:

King Ryan, Could these be added to the list?

Cats Eye Crossing- Road that leads from the palace that conjoins with Princess Rose's cottage and onto a private path for domesticated animals to roam that enjoy a leisurely stroll outside that can be enjoyed by all.

Nightinggale Lake- Lake that is secluded behind Princess Rose' s cottage

Snorklet- An underwater creature that can only be seen during the day that looks like a fish , but has a snorkle-like nose on top of its head that it can breathe through. (unsure where its found, I haven't seen one yet)

Abigail of Rosegardenland- Princess Rose's cat

Amelia of Rosegardenland- Princess Rose's cat

Coal of Rosegardenland- Princess Rose's cat

Sassy of Rosegardenland- Princess Rose's dog

Abbyssmal- feeling of being unhopeful. One that feels like life is an "abbyss" that draws them in by unfortunate events/things.

Ophilia- Wise witch , but becareful, for she can also be known to cast spells to make a person dance, sing, or act silly.

Delilah- Fairy that lives in roses that helps bees find their way to the roses so that they can be pollinated. Helper of the smurfs and garden creatures . she has bright firey hair and is the most lovely of all the fairies (for the others are quite shy and rarely come out for others to see). She lives in willow trees and has no perminent residency . for when one tree gets fungus or dies, she moves to another.

Added to Glossary - 09-28-10

Distinguished Scribe
HungerGamesPerson
0 Kudos

Re: Glossary - Volume 2 - Addendum by Princess Rose

The nothern trolls: Destructive beings that some how have made their way into wordsmithonia and destroyed many. If you are survivor of the attack post and tell us. We will be able to rebuild the kingdom to its formor glory. Begging your return

Hiram Nowa Peters

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
Mother Teresa
For it is in giving that we receive.
Francis of Assisi

Distinguished Scribe
HungerGamesPerson
0 Kudos

Re: Glossary - Volume 2 - Addendum by Princess Rose

It trobles me to see nobody here in wordsmithonia:smileysad:

I know i have mention this but i worry about this club being destroyed (archived) forever by the Moderators of the far east

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
Mother Teresa
For it is in giving that we receive.
Francis of Assisi