Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS

Holiday Season Party Invitation

To my dear people of this Kingdom of Wordsmithonia,

I have curtailed my trip to the UK,  to return home to our Kingdom of Wordsmithonia.  The weather was so drastically bad, that Captain Ahab suggested it would be in the best of all of our interest if we turn the ship around.  The coastline of the UK was being battered to the point of not taking the ship to dock without landing upon the rocks.  Safety for his passengers was upmost in his thoughts, not withstanding the safety of the ship's being able to return home safely.  We were approaching a point of no return.  As dire as this trip was to make, it was more dire to not proceed as planned.

I have contacted my dear friend, Her Unladylike-ladyship, Choisya, and she is taking matters into her own hands, at her end of this mysterious problem.  I believe I was more of a moral support for her, in this instance, and she was concerned with our safety, above all.  There are still matters than need to be sorted out, and they seem to be in the best of hands, with Hercule and Miss Marble taking charge at this time.

Now to my thoughts at this moment.  The Holiday Season is upon us, and I know everyone will want to participate in this celebration.  I think we can make it fun and festive.   It is cloudy on this day of my landing, but I see signs of the sun finally peeking through the clouds.  The rain has stopped, and things look promising for the coming week ahead.  I know so many areas of this Kingdom is being battered with winter storms, and I do wish all of you safety, and hope you will be able and willing to come to the southern end of our lawns for a party in which I know will be the most grandest that we have thrown in a long while.

Please, all take a moment out of your day, and come and join this most wonderful time of the year?! 

I think I will begin by saying what it has meant to me to be a part of this Kingdom.  I give my thanks to all of you for your support.  Without it we would not be the Kingdom we are today.

I give my thanks to my son, Ryan, the King of this realm, for his unending service, and love not just for me, but for you. He has taken it further than thought possible, and with safety of everyone in mind.  My love is there also for my grandson, Aidan.  He has kept me younger than I had thought possible, with the patter of his little feet running down every hallway and garden path, just keeping up with him has been a tonic for me!  My little Prince, I give you my hugs and kisses.

I give my love and thanks to you, my daughter, Princess Deb.  You've been more than a daughter to me, you've been a good friend.  I can't tell you what you've meant to me, even if Snorky and Dorky have been a royal pain in my derriere`, let alone a threat to every pair of shoes, slippers and stationary, of this Kingdom.....no matter, those items can be replaced, but you can't.  I hope to see your return soon from your trips and explorations to all of those exotic isles you have chosen for your adventures.  I have sorely missed your sunny smile.  :smileyhappy:

Now, I must say to all of you - What would you like to contribute to this party of ours?  It's going to be a potluck of every sort, from food to decorations, from presents and favorites and wishes from, and to, everyone. 

OFFICIAL HOLIDAY INVITATION FROM THE KINGDOM OF WORDSMITHONIA

All are invited to this party: Friends, Neighbors, Loved ones...even the little critters that tromp through the flower beds!  I also invite the Moderators of all boards, as well as Administrators.  I know some live in the dark forests on the outskirts of our realms, and only peek their heads out when necessary.  I hope they consider this a necessity to all of our realms.  Please do join us!  If you want me, as Queen of this realm, to make it an official summons....then consider it done! 

May light shine upon you from above, and give you peace always.

Your Queen of Wordsmithonia, Duchy of Highland Palms,

Kathy

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Re: Holiday Season Party Invitation

I'll RSVP in advance for me and the trolls.

They've been whispering about a tree decoration they made for me. Perhaps we could have a giant communal tree?

KathyS
0 Kudos

TiggerBear wrote:

I'll RSVP in advance for me and the trolls.

They've been whispering about a tree decoration they made for me. Perhaps we could have a giant communal tree?

Thank you dear Lady TiggerBear for this suggestion!  If you and the trolls could erect this tree, here, for all to decorate, that would be wonderful.  I was thinking, too, about the history of the evergreen tree.  Could you find something of its historical background, too? 

I think all faiths can be represented by all decorations, even if they are not of this time of year.  What do you think?    A little history into this would be a nice touch, I would say.  You are so good at finding these things out for us, I would love your help in these matters.  Of course, I do want everyone to contribute, not to exclude anyone!

Thank you so much,

QM Kathy

Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Mother,

What a wonderful idea.  A grand, festive party for all to enjoy during this fantastic holiday season.  Anything you need is yours and I hope that all involved will enjoy and partake of our wonderful kingdom.

By My Own Hand,

King Ryan the Bibliophile of Wordsmtihonia

"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

My Queen have you thought about sending out this invitation outside of our land?

As far as I'm am concert the more the merry.

KathyS
0 Kudos

TiggerBear wrote:

My Queen have you thought about sending out this invitation outside of our land?

As far as I'm am concert the more the merry.

My  dear Lady TiggerBear,

Yes, I had planned to do that today.  I agree with you, "The more the merrier".  I just ran out of speed, yesterday, and I've got to go out this morning to see Dr. Lori Bonebreaker, my DPT.  If she doesn't kill me again this morning, and I still have the use of my limbs, I'll be back here and get the invitation out around the realms.  I need to adjust and address the invitation a little better.  By the end of the day everyone should have it in their hands.  Thank you for reminding me.

QM Kathy

Bibliophile
Melhay
0 Kudos

Queen Mother Kathey,

I am sorry I have not been around as much at late.  We have been very busy with all the running to visit family and friends.  Along with preparing for the holidays yet to come.  We have some minor remodeling as well.  I am trying to get back around to being by more again.

You are so kind to have such a lovely party for the seasons.  I would love to come to this wonderful festivity.  It will be just beautiful with all the decorations!  I would love to see everyone for the holidays, to share the love of the realm and wonderful people here.

I am thinking on what I may be able to contribute to the party.  I am thinking maybe we could help with some of the decorations. Kenya could help with some of the hard to reach places and we can bring some of the beautiful garlind we have here.  I do have some delicious cookies and pies that our kitchen staff has been whipping up here that would help with the deserts and snacks, if you would like.

Thank you for the invite,

Lady Melissa

My Blog Spot: http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Dear Queen Mother of Wordsmithonia, Duchy of Highland Palms,

Thankyou for your Kind Invitiation which I am Honoured to Accept.  I will bring canapes of Roast Beef and Yorkshire Puddinghttp://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/cuisine/european/english/mini-yorkshire-puddings-with-rare-beef-a... and some Newcastle Brown Ale http://www.worldsgreatestcity.co.uk/ to the Festivities and will attempt to entertain Y'all with a rendering on the mouth organ of  Deck the Halls.' http://www.thanksmuch.com/christmas/deck-the-halls-mp3.html  

Sincere Salutations from

The Unlady Choisya

Wordsmithonia Greeting (1).jpg
Inspired Contributor
Choisya
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Thanks for uploading my card Becke - this morning my 'kingdom' looks very different because it is covered with snow

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Dear Queen Mum, please accept my RSVP for the festivities. If you need any lights or decorations please let me know and I'll stomp through the basement of the castle and see what my creatures haven't eaten.

KathyS
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

dhaupt wrote:

Dear Queen Mum, please accept my RSVP for the festivities. If you need any lights or decorations please let me know and I'll stomp through the basement of the castle and see what my creatures haven't eaten.

My dear Countess Debbie of Night Island, welcome!

I am so happy to see you have arrived safely to our Kingdom.  We wish to open our doors to you.  Please make yourself at home in the castle, there are rooms enough for everyone.  May you enjoy your stay, as long as you like.  Burgess, our butler, will show you to your rooms, and make your stay as pleasant as possible. 

As we have, in months past, been redecorating the rooms for our special guests from other realms, who stay in our castle, you may think about how you would like your room to look.  Something to think about, after the holidays.  My son, King Ryan, can show you to the offices of our resident  interior decorators, The Designing Women.  Julia Sugarbaker is a genius, and her team are surpassed by none.

Your wishes are our wishes.

Kathy

Queen Mother of Wordsmithonia, Duchy of Highland Palms

Ryan_G

Merry Christmas Everyone, may your day be wonderful and filled with love.  Please come by the palace and wandere around the grounds.  You will be welcomed with open arms.

By My Own Hand,

King Ryan the Bibliophile of Wordsmithonia

"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com