Distinguished Bibliophile
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Re: Hi, King Ryan!!!

KathyS wrote:

Ryan!  We need you back with us!!!....the Queen is in despair, in the clutches of the creature from the black lagoon.... and the Kingdom has gone into disrepair!  Please help!

Kathy

If the Queen didn't have such bad taste in men, this wouldn't have happened to begin with.  Let me talk to my advisors and I will try to figure out a way to rescue her without doing to much damage.  Hopefully this will be resolved quickly or the Smurfs may go on strike and the Trolleys woon't know what to do.

"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
KathyS

Ryan_G wrote:

KathyS wrote:

Ryan!  We need you back with us!!!....the Queen is in despair, in the clutches of the creature from the black lagoon.... and the Kingdom has gone into disrepair!  Please help!

Kathy

If the Queen didn't have such bad taste in men, this wouldn't have happened to begin with.  Let me talk to my advisors and I will try to figure out a way to rescue her without doing to much damage.  Hopefully this will be resolved quickly or the Smurfs may go on strike and the Trolleys won't know what to do.

Yes, King Ryan,,,,,well,,,,,I've mentioned this to her.....she got carried away.....literally!  She's always been attracted to men of the sea, ya know. Captain Ahab, Long John Silver, Mr.. Limpet, Flipper....but she misses you so, she just gave up all hope of ever seeing you, or her dear Princess Deb, again, to the point of becoming despondent.....

She's not young anymore, and the burden became to heavy, so that's why she gave into her stronger desires of being whisked away, in the hopes of being taken care of.  But it isn't working out.  Just too many differences to overcome.  He's no help in the cave.  And always tracking in water on her clean floors, never wiping his feet!......anyway, whatever you can do, I'm sure will be appreciated.  I know I can convince her to take more interest in her Kingdom, once she knows you will be back.   All the flowers, the vegetables, the gifts this world has to offer, and here we are, with no visitors to partake of the bounty that is here.  Yes, indeed, a sad state of affairs!

Your humble servant

KS

Ryan_G

Kathy,

Pleas let my Queen Mother know that anytime she is ready to come home her suite will be ready for her.  I already have Burges getting her floor dusted and decobwebbed.  I just hope she can find the stregth to leave such a borish creature.

At least it's not souding like that horrible affair she had with King Neptune that left her in such a state of shock when she found out that King Neptune and his twin brother King Poseidon were betting on how long she could tolerate that bratty Princess Ariel and the horrible bodyguard she was assigned, the Sub Mariner.  Luckily Aquaman rescued her from that horrible family.

Just let her know that if she needs any help, we will all be here for her.

Ryan

Inspired Contributor
rosilynn_grey
0 Kudos

the  queen has informed me to come to the solarium and I have but am confused as to what I should do.  I guess for now I will take residency sitting on one of the gloriously furnished chairs and wait til I get a word of what to do.

Christina
KathyS
0 Kudos

Welcome Christina aka Rosilynn Grey

[ Edited ]

rosilynn_grey wrote:

the  queen has informed me to come to the solarium and I have but am confused as to what I should do.  I guess for now I will take residency sitting on one of the gloriously furnished chairs and wait til I get a word of what to do.

Hi, you can speak normal speak, here.  What would you like to be called?  You appear to have two names.  I'm sorry you're confused, I admit, it is a large realm!  I'll do my best to help you out.

We haven't had many visitors, lately.  Our board is dying away.  I haven't taken much interest in it these last few months, as no one has wanted to stick around, or they've had computer/B&N format log-in problems.

Our board once was a thriving community, where we had celebrations, parties, remodels of castle rooms, exciting excursions into the unknown.  We once had many grand times, writing stories to our hearts delight.  But, our King, Ryan, has wandered away, along with his sister, Princess Deb....my son and daughter....into the wilderness of time, I guess.  I've tried my best to keep the board active, along with TiggerBear, but I've lost interest, as others wander away, and can't seem to take an active interest in this board.

Under normal conditions, King Ryan would have given you a title, had your portrait painted for the gallery, and given you some sort of duty, or place in the realm.  In the past, you had to be the rank of Wordsmith, to attain a position, but I changed that, to where anyone can become a resident, here.  Now, it's just me, Queen Mother, Kathy,and the servants at large, trying to keep the cobwebs from forming too fast!  And, it's my fault.

Look over the subjects that are at the top of the board, read about the Kingdom, if you like, and talk, or write about anything that pertains to the subject, or a subject that you enjoy.  Do you like to write?  We've created a creative writing fantasy realm, where we write about anything and everything.  Using the imagination to create a virtual reality. 

We have a 'newspaper', which is called, The Wordsmith Words.  Write an article, give a book review/report, or report on anything you might see happening in our virtual realm.  It's a playground for news, real or fantasy!

We have a poets thread, as well.

Since next month is Oct, and Halloween is coming up, I might start something going along those lines, a party, perhaps, and see where it leads, and who it brings in.  I'll announce it, or anyone can, for that matter.

So, for now, tell us what name you want to go by, and I'll dub you a Countess, or a Duchess, or whatever you desire.  What sort of work would you like to do in the kingdom?  Anything is possible!  You can make up a fantasy past, if you so desire, in the Welcome thread.  And we can officially welcome you there.

I've called Burgess, our butler, to bring in some tea and scones, and we can chat for a while, here, if you like.  I'd like to know more about you...likes and dislikes, etc....what brought you here.  This is our chat room, by the way.  Thank you for coming!

Soon,

Kathy

Inspired Contributor
rosilynn_grey
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome Christina aka Rosilynn Grey

Hello Queen Kathy, yes I do have 2 names . my actual name is Christina but have a pen name as rosilynn_grey. I haven't written anything in ages. I use to  tho and never had  work  published. I love flowers and my favorites are roses, peonies , lavender, and sunflowers. I love to see the smile on childrens faces and help those in need of kind words and support.  I have been a CNA in real life and cared for those with developmental dissabilities. dislikes for me would be arrogance from people who harm others. As far as a title for myself I dont know.; I'd love to be someone who tends to the gardens and has a room filled with roses of all colors since these make me the happiest.   I dont know what a countess is actually. is a dutches like a princess?? that would be nice :smileyhappy: I have days when I feel like a wee servant but donot choose to be . I'm sorry to hear that others are leaving. departures are never  thrilling.  A halloween party would be fun I think :smileyhappy: I came here because I wanted to join something that was different than everyday life and was something new to try.  I feel that everyone wishes that they could  live  in a world far different than their own from time to time. well, from what I've listed I hope that it is somewhat helpful for a name/ rank :smileyhappy:

Christina
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Oh yes a party! We must have a Halloween party!:smileyvery-happy:

Ah Rosilynn Grey would you come to a high tea celbration in your honor over at my castle, is monday good for you?

Inspired Contributor
rosilynn_grey
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I would be delighted :smileyhappy: Monday sounds good to me . Thank you for the invitation tiggerbear:smileyhappy:

Christina
Inspired Contributor
avalonpriestess
0 Kudos

Introduction

Hello everyone,

My name is Donna. I am new here, having only recently found the BN book clubs.  Now that I've found them, they go and change the login page making it difficult to find the bookclubs!!!:smileymad:

I love to read just about anything, and I love to write. Haiku is not a specialty of mine but I have a 9 year old son who just LOVES haiku.

I am a single mother. I come from New England but have visited just about everywhere- did all my travelling once upon a time before my son was born.:smileyvery-happy:

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone on this board.

Donna, Priestess of Avalon

KathyS
0 Kudos

Re: Introduction

avalonpriestess wrote:

Hello everyone,

My name is Donna. I am new here, having only recently found the BN book clubs.  Now that I've found them, they go and change the login page making it difficult to find the bookclubs!!!:smileymad:

I love to read just about anything, and I love to write. Haiku is not a specialty of mine but I have a 9 year old son who just LOVES haiku.

I am a single mother. I come from New England but have visited just about everywhere- did all my traveling once upon a time before my son was born.:smileyvery-happy:

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone on this board.

Donna, Priestess of Avalon

Hi Donna!

I'm glad you found your way here!  I prefer to talk "out of character", when getting to know new people who come to this board.  We've been around for a long time, having originated in the Community Room of these boards.  We got too large for it, so they gave us a board all to ourselves, to play in!  Ha!

But, we do have to keep it active, to keep it open.  I've had some hand/tendon problems, and have had to limit my typing, somewhat....I also love to write!  So I'm not as active here as I once was.....Ryan has had a lot of sign-in issues, and he isn't around as often as I would like.  Debbook, was Princess Deb, my daughter of the realm, but she's no longer participating....but, I hate to kill her off!  She's just run away from home!  I'm sad about this.

I'm sorry that you and others are having sign-in issues, and finding their way to the boards....I hope this is straightened out, soon. 

I have the B&NBC boards icon on my desktop.  I don't go to the main Book Club page.  I by-pass it. 

Once I click on my icon, the boards come up, I log in from this page, by my name on the upper left side..... then the accounts page comes in view to sign in.  I sign in, then dump that page, and go back and click on my B&NBC desktop icon, again.  The boards are open, then. 

The boards can't be logged out of, like they used to be....you have to sign out of your account.   If I know I'm coming back during the day, I just click off the page.....There are other ways to get in, but that's the easiest for me.

I see  your son loves Haiku!  Have him write something, and post it in the poetry thread.  Write the title of it on the subject line, and have him put his name and age at the bottom of the poem.   

I learned haiku when my own kids were in school.  For seven years, I wrote the school's weekly newsletter, and thought it great fun to talk about what the children were up to in their class rooms.  I now have a granddaughter who is 9, and a grandson who is 7!  Time goes by soooooooo fast!

Do  you like other forms of poetry?  Or, what is it you do like to write? 

Posting pictures....just copy and paste images off the internet.  I've got some personal pictures in the Gardening in your own words, thread, that Becke Davis had put up for me.. I had sent them to her...not sure how she did it.  The picture is of Gnorme, [Norm]/half gnome and half troll, and my grand kids.  I'm an artist-potter/writer.

Well, got to rest now....

talk soon!

Kathy

Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Sorry everyone (I seem to say that a lot).  I keep having login issues with this site though I feel lucky when I can get on.  Hopefully this will continue for another few days intill the powers that be decide they hate me again and nol longer allow me to log on.  I hope everyone is doing well.

dulcinea3
0 Kudos

Oh, dear, Ryan, I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems still!  Actually, since this last change, I have been having no problems getting here at all (knock on wood, if I had any around me!).  The site has now been consistently 'remembering' me, so I haven't even had to log in for a week or two.  And I have it in my Favorites, so the apparent disappearance (which turned out to be merely the hiding of) of the Book Clubs link hasn't been a problem for me.

I hope that you can continue to get here - we miss you when you're gone!  And you are our King, after all... :smileywink:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
Inspired Scribe
_mOonSeeKer_
0 Kudos

Hey everyone! I'm back -sort of. Still remember me? I'm part of this kingdom right? But I forgot my position..it's been quite a while since i've been here...so can anyone tell me my position, if i have any? thanks! :smileyhappy:

http://whisperinglostwords.blogspot.com
dulcinea3
0 Kudos

_mOonSeeKer_ wrote:

Hey everyone! I'm back -sort of. Still remember me? I'm part of this kingdom right? But I forgot my position..it's been quite a while since i've been here...so can anyone tell me my position, if i have any? thanks! :smileyhappy:

Welcome back!  I took a look, and it looks like you first joined us on page 3 of the "Welcome to Wordsmithonia" thread.  And your name is Lady Moonbeam!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
Inspired Scribe
_mOonSeeKer_
0 Kudos

dulcinea3 wrote:

Welcome back!  I took a look, and it looks like you first joined us on page 3 of the "Welcome to Wordsmithonia" thread.  And your name is Lady Moonbeam!

Hullo dulcinea! Thanks for replying. :smileyhappy: I really appreciate that. And I love my name! :smileyvery-happy:

http://whisperinglostwords.blogspot.com
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Well I've been trying for two weeks to get on and I'm here, so Hip Hip Hooray.  I'm sorry I wasn't around during the holidays but work killed me this year.  I think I'm getting too damn old for retail.  There were some other complications as well but I won't bore you guys with the details. 

I hope you all had wonderful Christmases and good beginings to the New Year and I hope that a higher power decides they like me again and allows me on here more often that is going on now. 

dulcinea3
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan!!! :smileyhappy:  A happy new year and great 2011 to you, too, and I do hope that you get to hang around here a lot more!!!

Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Thanks Dulci!  I'm able to get on here but I have to take 5-10 minutes of signing in and cookie error messages before i can do anything.

I feel like I've let you guys down a little bit but I'm not sure what else I could do.

They just transffered me to another store so it's been chaotic trying to get fit in all the way with the management staff already there.

Other than that just hanging out with my son and reading a lot this month.

Hope everything is going ok and I'll plan on talking to you soon.

Contributor
Ooooooyeah
0 Kudos

New member/Fussy with words/Night owl

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I joined a few days ago after spending months here just reading. I never registered, so I never posted anything. I finally took the plunge.

I've got a Nook Classic and it's with me as much as my wallet. I really enjoy the thing.

I also enjoy words. I treat them like gold. I try never to waste them or misuse them, so I was pleased to find the "Kingdom of Wordsmithonia."

If I have a pet peeve (and I do), it's how homogeneous our society has become primarily due to the mass media. And along with "everyone" being exposed to a lot of drivel, mass media encourages the rampant misuse of our dear language.

Has anyone else here grown weary of hearing peanut butter sandwiches and other everyday mundanities described as "awesome?"

Perhaps I'm a purist when it comes to how the spoken and written words are used. But the constant and widespread misuse of our language has gone beyond irritating to painful for me.

Earlier this week a neighbor's son showed me his new "awesome" Nikes, 'Yes, yes, I'm gazing upon your new athletic shoes with awe." The boy looked puzzled. More's the pity.

And please don't get me started on "icon" and "iconic." These words have lost their meaning, their power and punch, through constant misuse.

Last month I read a newspaper article in which a music critic described a celebrity singer/performance artist as "iconic." Lady Gaga is a lot of things, but in my opinion, iconic is not among them.

Pablo Picasso? Frank LLoyd Wright? Iconic. Lady Gaga? Please! (Stepping down from the soapbox now).

So I'm losing sleep over the deterioration of our language. Not really, but I am a true night owl.

I'm usually up late, extending from night to early morning. I get bored pretty easily when there's no one around and nothing to do in the "real" world. And I can't read ALL the time. Have to rest the eyes once in a while!

So if you're a night owl too and come here out of boredom sometimes, take a look and see if I'm online.

If I'm here, send me a PM and we'll have a little chat. Who knows? Maybe we'll hit it off and be able to relieve each other's boredom.

Take care.

Contributor
Ooooooyeah
0 Kudos

Re: New member/Fussy with words/Night owl

Apparently I'm the only wordsmith here with insomnia. You sound sleepers don't know how lucky you are.