Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Re: Solarium - New Nobility

[ Edited ]

Well I hope everyone's Sign In issues are going away.

Um kathy, Jules934 hit wordsmith this weekend. I've talked her into checking us out and she plans to join us neek week after some work gets done. Mentioned that you or Ryan would title her after proper introductions. Told her to say hi here. Left an open invatation in the HP party thread. She looking forward to the fun. Just a heads up. :smileywink:

Oh a side topic, saw "Alice in Wonderland" this weekend, finally got to go. Wonderful film. Has anyone else seen it yet?

pen21
0 Kudos

I saw Alice in Wonderland. I really liked it. The 3D was OK. I thought Alice did a good job. Johnny Depp made a good Mad Hatter.

KathyS
0 Kudos

Hi, Tigger, sorry it's taken me so long to get back here....the usually sign-in stuff...I was closed out all weekend.

It's funny you mentioned this participant.  When I wasn't able to sign it, I did read what was said on your HP board.  I rarely, if ever, go to your board, but something in the subject line caught my eye, and I read where she turned Wordsmith, and you 5,000 posts!  Congrats!  :smileyhappy:....I couldn't post to it, or I would have....I was thinking, though, about this nobility induction....I don't know where Ryan is.  I should send him a PM....,  I've always relied on him to take charge of these things.  He's good at it.  He has a better imagination than I do, along those lines.  I'm not very good at fantasy "language".

Jules is most definitely welcome, as everyone is, to come here and participate, whether a Wordsmith or not.  I hope that hasn't deterred anyone from joining the conversation.  I would hate to think we sound like an exclusive club!  I've extended invitations to all, but it doesn't seem to bring much notice to our board.....other than readers/lurkers.   Thanks for talking to her about the board.   I don't think anyone really knows what it's about.  Tell her to come here, to the Solarium, and get to know us before we send her off into who-knows-what adventure!  Ha!   We all should greet her....and after she's here, I'll see if I can find our lost King!

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hey Kathy she's coming, expressed a school? project she needed to finish before joining us. Apparently we'd be too distracting before hand.:smileyvery-happy:

Yeah over in HP there was oh you've got ... posts how cool, new title how cool conversations that kept cluttering up the quizzes and such. So I got talked into making a HP party scene. It's fun and attracts interest there. Everyone needs the occational WAY TO GO! :smileyhappy:

I think all we can do is keep inviting everyone. We'll seduce them all eventually.

KathyS
0 Kudos

Re: Solarium - Alice in Wonderland

I haven't seen it, except for the trailers...I don't go to the movies anymore.  I grew up in the theater....now I never go.  Johnny Depp scares me!  :smileyhappy:  He's always menacing looking.... :smileysad:

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Re: Solarium - Alice in Wonderland

KathyS wrote:

I haven't seen it, except for the trailers...I don't go to the movies anymore.  I grew up in the theater....now I never go.  Johnny Depp scares me!  :smileyhappy:  He's always menacing looking.... :smileysad:

Ok that is the first time I heard someone say that. Why?

KathyS
0 Kudos

Good, I wouldn't want to distract her from her school work!  School definitely comes first!

I saw the Party Scene mentioned...everybody likes a party...but no one more than VTC!  :smileyvery-happy:  Don't get me started!

I like your attitude..Seduction!  Ha!  I think we need an April Fools Day Party!  I hope I can get on tomorrow, and post.   I need to update the calendar...I'm getting off for the evening, now.  You know, Tigger, or anyone, you guys can write whatever you like, anywhere you like.  Don't let my anal attitude stop you!  :smileyvery-happy:  Just keep it out of the Snake Pit!  (that's a joke, based on an old...old..movie)

TiggerBear wrote:

Hey Kathy she's coming, expressed a school? project she needed to finish before joining us. Apparently we'd be too distracting before hand.:smileyvery-happy:

Yeah over in HP there was oh you've got ... posts how cool, new title how cool conversations that kept cluttering up the quizzes and such. So I got talked into making a HP party scene. It's fun and attracts interest there. Everyone needs the occasional WAY TO GO! :smileyhappy:

I think all we can do is keep inviting everyone. We'll seduce them all eventually.

Ryan_G
0 Kudos

I can finally sign in again.............I'm so excited that I think I may jump up and down for the next 20 hours.  I've been able to read everyone's posts but not log in to where I could comment.  So sorry everyone, I haven't gone away, excpect if you count so strange limbo where you can see but not talk.

"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Ryan_G wrote:

I can finally sign in again.............I'm so excited that I think I may jump up and down for the next 20 hours.  I've been able to read everyone's posts but not log in to where I could comment.  So sorry everyone, I haven't gone away, excpect if you count so strange limbo where you can see but not talk.

Spent 3 days there myself a week or so back. Welcome back, feels good doesn't it?

KathyS
0 Kudos

Ryan_G wrote:

Welcome back, Ryan!  We do know the feeling! 

Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Thanks, at least I now know it wasn't a problem with my computer.

"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
pen21
0 Kudos

May Day

[ Edited ]

Happy May Day! Luanne

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Re: May Day

Lovely Luanne.'Spring",.Stopping in for a rest..A bit Dizzy out there.with all thats going on..TBear..Its such a Peaceful Spot..Will have My Red Zinger Sun Tea..To perk me up a bit..Tonight its "SleepyTime Tea...I think I just saw an African Gray Parrot..On my way..Best Suze..

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Ideas

[ Edited ]

Kathy had some thoughts I thought I shoot by you.

I know you have mentioned a shared story(more than once I think). I think that's a good idea.

Thought about since the April poetry section did so well, a permanent thread just for sharing poems. Yes I know we have the old garden redo, but....that's for more than just poems. And well if you check over in writing you can't walk without tripping on a poet. If you concur, I'd be happy to mention either thread with an invitation in writing to drum interest.

Oh and our new friends, I know at least one of you is a regular visitor to the teen thread. It's not my area and I try to keep my distance. Believe me as a teen I wanted my privacy more than anything. So I haven't felt it appropriate to leave a Wordsmithonia invitation there. But If one of you regular joiners there were to. I'd like to let them feel welcome as well. Thanks in advance.

KathyS
0 Kudos

Re: Ideas

TiggerBear wrote:

Kathy had some thoughts I thought I shoot by you.

I know you have mentioned a shared story(more than once I think). I think that's a good idea.

Thought about since the April poetry section did so well, a permanent thread just for sharing poems. Yes I know we have the old garden redo, but....that's for more than just poems. And well if you check over in writing you can't walk without tripping on a poet. If you concur, I'd be happy to mention either thread with an invitation in writing to drum interest.

Oh and our new friends, I know at least one of you is a regular visitor to the teen thread. It's not my area and I try to keep my distance. Believe me as a teen I wanted my privacy more than anything. So I haven't felt it appropriate to leave a Wordsmithonia invitation there. But If one of you regular joiners there were to. I'd like to let them feel welcome as well. Thanks in advance.

Tigger, I'm glad you brought these thoughts up.  In April, we had the Haiku, and again in May, on the May thread, but if you think we should have a permanent one, that anyone can use that link for posting, I'll make one.  Now, let me think of some catchy little title...:smileyhappy:

KathyS
0 Kudos

Ideas for a poetry thread

I want to know what all of your ideas are for a new title for a poetry thread.  I mean, yes, we can call it Poetry, but something catchy might be fun.  Any ideas?  I'm brain dead tonight...:smileyhappy:  I've been tending my grandkids....homework, dinner, playing..it's fun, but.....the cobwebs have formed between my ears!

KathyS
0 Kudos

Ideas for a poetry thread -

Everyone!

I've made the decision!  I've decided not to wait.  It's going to be called, A Poet's Life.  It's simple and to the point.  If anyone wants to take that link and drop it into a Com. Room of the boards you frequent, and add a note to it to reference them here, you may do so.  It won't take away from the other threads, or places we want to write in, only add to it, for a place of specific meaning, dedicated to poetry.

I hope this is to everyone's satisfaction? 

Each month we will still have our Haiku writing, in the monthly section of the calendar's activitiesBTW, everyone....don't forget to write your Haiku -  EVERYONE.... it's by order of the Queen!  :smileyhappy:

Kathy

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Re: Ideas for a poetry thread -

Ok laid out the welcome transportation in the Writing board. Got to spread the fun!

KathyS
0 Kudos

TiggerBear wrote:

Ok laid out the welcome transportation in the Writing board. Got to spread the fun!

Good girl!  Nice going....  Now I'll need a search party to find Ryan!   Or, I may have to recruit Dulci to start a Glossary of residents!  Ha!

Let me yell for her....HEY, DULCI, WHERE ARE YOU?...DO YOU WANT TO BE THE HEAD OF OUR WELCOME COMMITTEE, AND ASSIGN THEM A HOLDING IN THE REALM?  You do such a great job!  I love your castle, btw, I might trade mine for yours!  I also think we are missing a few of our regulars...well, regular as of last year....we may need to 'poke' them!  :smileyhappy:

I'm in a good mood, at the moment.  I went to the grocery store, got my groceries....then couldn't find my ATM card!  I hate that when that happens!  I came home and tore my house apart...almost,  and couldn't find it.....anyway....went back to the store with my check book...came home with my groceries, put them away....grabed a beer..(it's hot here!).....and reached into the pocket of a shirt that was hanging in my closet...I had worn this week, and there it was!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!  Amen!!!!  Ha!

Distinguished Wordsmith
crzynwrd4lf
0 Kudos

I love the poetry thread idea! I check out the writing board sometimes but it gets confusing and now there is a place to post my poems! Very exciting like the name too.

Kayla

"One potato, two potato, three potato, four/ she's coming for you now, you better lock the door"-- Promise Not To Tell