Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
0 Kudos

The Christmas Tree

The Christmas Tree has a long history.  Take that link and read at your leisure. 

But you can give me a picture of what the perfect decorated tree might look like to you.  Or pictures of decorations, or just a tree without the decorations.  Or if you have a personal thought around the tree, tell us. 

Lady TiggerBear and her trolls have some ideas, I bet, on how to decorate a tree!

Tonight, I've been invited to visit President Obama and Mrs.. Obama in the White House, and see what their trees all look like.  It should be fun!  Check out The Wordsmith Words for further events and updates in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia.

Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Re: The Christmas Tree

Christmas trees have to be one of my favorite things about Christmas.  There is just something so beautiful about the lights reflecting off the ornaments and the way the shados play on the walls.  I put lots of snow on my tree since I don't get any real snow here and it reminds me of MN.  Taking the ornaments out and remembering where or how I got each one is the other part I love about decorating the tree.

"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
KathyS
0 Kudos

Ryan_G wrote:

Christmas trees have to be one of my favorite things about Christmas.  There is just something so beautiful about the lights reflecting off the ornaments and the way the shadows play on the walls.  I put lots of snow on my tree since I don't get any real snow here and it reminds me of MN.  Taking the ornaments out and remembering where or how I got each one is the other part I love about decorating the tree.

I agree, Ryan.  The most beautiful Christmas was in Utah.  The decorations that people put in their yards, the lights on their trees, seeing them all reflecting off the snow, was truly a lovely Christmas card for me.  I don't get the same joy when hanging the ornaments, anymore.  I've given the ones that were my kids, back to them, so they can hang them on their own tree.  It was fun seeing the ones they made with their own little hands.  I haven't seen my grandkids in two weeks, and I'm really missing them....I need to call them and get them over here to make a few of those ornaments to hang!  It's time for cookie making too! 

dulcinea3

Here are some - um - 'different' Christmas trees:

I think this one was inspired by Charlie Brown:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
KathyS
0 Kudos

Great trees, Lady Dulcinea!  I think they will do nicely in some of the rooms around the castle.
dulcinea3 wrote:

Here are some - um - 'different' Christmas trees:

I think this one was inspired by Charlie Brown:

Bibliophile
Melhay
0 Kudos

These are amazing "different" trees.

I love the upside down tree and the glass bottle tree is amazing, put lights behind the bottles and it just lights up nicely.

I am one to love lots of lights on a tree.  My poor tree is saging down with the weight of the lights.  LOL. 

I am curious to see if any other trees are added here.

Thanks for sharing,

Lady Melissa

My Blog Spot: http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/
Peppermill
0 Kudos

Tonight, I've been invited to visit President Obama and Mrs.. Obama in the White House, and see what their trees all look like.  It should be fun! 

Have fun.  Here are some of the Christmas decorations you may see, as well as some pictures of Christmases past.

KathyS wrote:

The Christmas Tree has a long history.  Take that link and read at your leisure. 

But you can give me a picture of what the perfect decorated tree might look like to you.  Or pictures of decorations, or just a tree without the decorations.  Or if you have a personal thought around the tree, tell us. 

Lady TiggerBear and her trolls have some ideas, I bet, on how to decorate a tree!

Tonight, I've been invited to visit President Obama and Mrs.. Obama in the White House, and see what their trees all look like.  It should be fun!  Check out The Wordsmith Words for further events and updates in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia.

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
becke_davis
0 Kudos

becke_davis

becke_davis
0 Kudos

becke_davis
0 Kudos

And five minutes later, the house burned down.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

becke_davis
0 Kudos

becke_davis
0 Kudos

becke_davis
0 Kudos