Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS

The Kingdom of Wordsmithonia

To All:

Within our great and grand kingdom of Wordsmithonia, in the thread of "What is this laurel thing", as Queen Mother I have taken it upon myself to create a new and wonderful kingdom, here in this realm of make-believe.

As well as appointed King of the realm, my son Ryan G. has now become the Scribe-in-Charge.  This duty that has been bestowed up him was something of a surprise to this kingdom, but I found it necessary to appoint this new duty for him, in realizing he is the only one who has the wherewithal to use this title wisely.

Because we have found others with the title of Wordsmith, both Inspired, and not, coming into this kingdom faster than we had imagined could happen, and my son having to deal with assigning parcels of land  and duties within Wordsmithonia, I felt it necessary for him to  make a list of these rulers, their duties,  and their lands, here and now.

I am feeling old and cranky as of late, and I've not been my usual cheerful self.  I am sure I have sounded to many as a dessenter among the people.   I am not.  But, in any case, this is why I felt it necessary for my head of state to be given to someone who has a head that is in a better state than mine.  I know I have sounded as if I've gone  over to the Cranky realm, this I apologize for, to all.  Forgive me, please?  It was not my wish, but sleeping on these cold, dark and dank...not to mention dusty and moldy, floors of this castle, it has put my disposition in the most unreasonable state.  I slept near the fire last night and awoke in a better frame of mind.  Not good, just better.

Now, King Ryan, my son, Scribe-in-Charge of all, use your gentle hand in script and list the names here, our people, and their duties, below.

Your Queen, and mother, Kathy S.

p.s.  Ryan G., I know you and your followers will hold the wars of the kingdoms down to a dull roar.  I have faith.

p.s.s.  I'm glad you enjoyed your soup last night.  :smileyhappy:

dulcinea3

Re: The Kingdom of Wordsmithonia

I notice that thy daughter Deb hath also become a Scribe.  Thou must be very proud of thine children.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
KathyS

[ Edited ]

dulcinea3 wrote:
I notice that thy daughter Deb hath also become a Scribe.  Thou must be very proud of thine children.

Yes, I  most definately am proud of them both. Princess Deb is a most wonderful daughter, as King Ryan a most wonderful son.  Princess Deb hath accepted the position of Scribe, as well.  She will be managing the work, beside her brother, sharing in these responsibilties with equal respect.  When another Scibe is appointed in the future, a meeting will be held to designate that person's responibilties in this realm.  Thank you for your kind words, Dame Dulci.

Now, I must go and figure out how my new cell phone works, I fear.

These new modern conveniences overwhelm me at times.

My head doth hurt, as my nap time draws near!

My children, my children....they demand so much of me at times! 

A mother's work is never done!  :smileyvery-happy:

QM

Message Edited by KathyS on 03-19-2009 04:01 PM
Ryan_G

Mother,

Thank you for starting this new thread.  This gives a place for our Nobles to come and discuss important matters pertaining to our great and glorious Kingdom, Wordsmithonia.  As my mother so rightfully stated it is more than ever, important for those in our Kindgom to now what lands they rule over and what their responsibilities shall be.

Below is a list that will hopefully be added to in time as new Noble Wordsmiths are added to our realm.  All Nobles are responsible for the subjects living within their realms.  This applies to all aspects: defense, taxation, medical care, etc.

All further duties are listed after their names.

Scribe King Ryan of Wordsmithonia, Earl of Letterita, Duke of Bookendian --- Ruler of All 

Dowager Queen Kathy, Duchess of Highland Palms --- Sits on Royal Council of Advisors, controls the activities of Emmet Kelly and his ilk, advises on all culinary matters, parcels out titles and lands when needed.

Scribe Princess Deb, Duchess of Wordsville, Marquessa of Gotham --- Sits on Royal Council of Advisors, controls and operates all kingdom libraries, controls all activities of Super Heroes

Dame Dulcinea, Grand-Dame of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia --- Sits on Royal Council of Advisors, had dominion over all wicked witches and warlocks, regulates all dragon activities

Lady Choisya, Duchess of Contributu, Baroness of Watership Down ---  Sits on Royal Council of Advisors, in charge of defense against the Republicain hoards, acts as liason between Wordsmiths and Contributors/Correspondents, regulates all rabbit and hare activities

Lady Tiggerbear, Baroness of Valdemar --- Has dominion over all forms of Psychics, regulates all issues dealing with horses both normal and supernormal.

Lady Dreamer4Ever, Baroness of Codexia --- Stores and organizes all religous prophecies, portents, and myths.

Lady Silverwings, Duchess of Eternia --- Acts as lisaon between our kingdom and all other planets, controls and operates all musical activities.

Lord Everyman, Earl of Crankyville, Sultan of Insultian --- Offical crumudgeon of the kingdom.

I look forward to adding to this list as new and mighty Wordsmiths are brought to my attention.

"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
Scribe
debbook
0 Kudos

Brilliant my dear brother,  Scribe King Ryan.  I must mention that you have neglected to assign duties for the protection of all fur companions. I will take on this duty until another member of our royal family is added ( provided this person is a lover of all animals ). With your permission of course.
A room without books is like a body without a soul.~ Cicero...
"bookmagic418.blogspot.com
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Sister of mine, I whole heartedly apporve of your taking upon your delicate but strong shoulders such a important matter.  I deeply apologize that I did not think to assign this matter to somone.  I offically appoint you Master of the Beasts of the Kindgom of Wordsmithonia.

By My Own Hand

Scribe King Ryan of Wordsmithonia

debbook wrote:
Brilliant my dear brother,  Scribe King Ryan.  I must mention that you have neglected to assign duties for the protection of all fur companions. I will take on this duty until another member of our royal family is added ( provided this person is a lover of all animals ). With your permission of course.

Message Edited by Ryan_G on 03-19-2009 10:55 PM

Bibliophile
Melhay

[ Edited ]

Please forgive me for asking, (curtsying).  May I ask what discussions are carried here?

I am new to The Kingdom of Wordsmithonia.

Melissa

Message Edited by Melhay on 03-20-2009 10:03 AM

My Blog Spot: http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/
Scribe
debbook

Welcome to the Kingdom, Lady Melhay, it is good to have you. My brother, Scribe King Ryan will bestow a title upon you when he returns from the far reaches of our kingdom. For now, know you are safe within the walls of the castle.

Melhay wrote:

Please forgive me for asking, (curtsying).  May I ask what discussions are carried here?

Melissa

Bibliophile
Melhay

(curtsying) Thank you for your time Princess Deb, along with your kindness.

Melissa

debbook wrote:
Welcome to the Kingdom, Lady Melhay, it is good to have you. My brother, Scribe King Ryan will bestow a title upon you when he returns from the far reaches of our kingdom. For now, know you are safe within the walls of the castle.

Melhay wrote:

Melissa

dulcinea3
0 Kudos

debbook wrote:

Princess Deb, the only way to achieve the expansion of the royal family is through advantageous marriage and its offspring.  I note that Lord Everyman is the only male member of the court of Wordsmithonia (apart from your highness' brother, our illustrious Scribe King, of course).  In addition, it is clear that only the kiss of a true Princess can transform him from his current bewitched form of a lowly frog.  You are the only one who can save him from this fate!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
Nadine
0 Kudos

Melhay wrote:

Melissa

Ah! I see we have an exclusive club (er, Kingdom) for those with the rank of Wordsmith or above.  Does that mean that that other people should address me as Lady Nadine? It looks like you have to reach the exaulted rank of Inspired Wordsmith to earn a knighhood from King Ryan. I much prefer Dame Nadine.

KathyS

Frog transformations

[ Edited ]

dulcinea3 wrote:

debbook wrote:

Princess Deb, the only way to achieve the expansion of the royal family is through advantageous marriage and its offspring.  I note that Lord Everyman is the only male member of the court of Wordsmithonia (apart from your highness' brother, our illustrious Scribe King, of course).  In addition, it is clear that only the kiss of a true Princess can transform him from his current bewitched form of a lowly frog.  You are the only one who can save him from this fate!

Dame Dulci,

Princess Deb is my step child, half brother to King Ryan, as the Duchess Choisya had pointed out. 

Although raised into the Kingdom as my daughter, she cannot assume this responsiblity of transformations.  The Lord Everyman, aka Sir lascivious the Frog, cannot be kissed by this Princess.  It would become an affront to the realm, and to her body.  She would require a surgery so painful, having to remove these warts that would invade her very soul.

Frogs in this realm must seek other ways of transformation.  I can give you a list of these ways, but I  would  much prefer to wait until my son, King Ryan, or Princess Deb, returns. 

Also, the expansion of this family is done through a cloning process that only one person can perform.  She is Vt. Cozy, my wicked twin sister.  She has not entered this realm to add her thoughts to this present discussion.  I have not banned her, but she is with child at this time, after having an affair with my late husband.  Her affairs with men are notorious.

This is no secret, she admitted this to the world in the kingdom of CE.

QM

Message Edited by KathyS on 03-20-2009 09:30 AM
Bibliophile
Melhay

Nadine wrote:

Melhay wrote:

Melissa

Ah! I see we have an exclusive club (er, Kingdom) for those with the rank of Wordsmith or above.  Does that mean that that other people should address me as Lady Nadine? It looks like you have to reach the exaulted rank of Inspired Wordsmith to earn a knighhood from King Ryan. I much prefer Dame Nadine.

Dame Nadine,

So pleasant to see you again so soon in another part of the land.

I was wondering what thread you usually visit most.  I have wondered if you have conversations there as we have had in the Fantasy thread.  I may have to try some of those books and try to join in the discussions there.

Mel

Scribe
debbook
0 Kudos

Nadine wrote:

Melhay wrote:

Melissa

Okay but you may have to kiss the frog, Dame Nadine!!
TiggerBear

debbook wrote:

Nadine wrote:

Melhay wrote:

Melissa

Okay but you may have to kiss the frog, Dame Nadine!!

The frog can ask, but I don't any of us are kissing him. (chuckle)

Ryan_G

[ Edited ]

I was much pleased by what I saw when I returned to court today from my travels in other parts of the realm.  It is always a pleasure to see new members of our illustrious court let alone two.  So the first buisness of the day is the appointment of titles and duties for our new members.  I will list the name, title, and duties as I did previously:

Lady Melhay, Marquessa of Tar Valon --- Overseer of our sizeable Dollhouse of espionage agents, dominion over all ogre, kobold, and unicorn activities, regulates all uses of the elements

Dame Nadine, Grand-Dame of Arakkis, Duchess of Medalon --- Overseer of all kingdom insitutions of learning, Admiral of the Royal Fleet, dominon over Roc, Gryphon, and Pegasus activities

I did give long and careful consideration to the conversion of frog to man question.  After talking to our Royal Alchemists and Royal Magicians I have come to the following conclusions.  There are only 3 ways that a frog may be turned into a human.  They are as follows:

1.  The kiss of a virgin Princess or Prince, whichever they prefer.  Of course finding such a willing individual will prove the hardest of the three tasks.

2.  The frog must prove his worth by undertaking a must dangerous quest.  He must frst forge a weapon from materials not of earth, fire or water.  Once that task is complete he must travel through the Swamps of Despair into the Canyons of Echoes.  In the Canyons he will be faced with three tasks.  The first is a riddle that can only be answered through silence, the second is a mirage that can only be discovered by air,      and the third is challenge that can only be answered by love.  Once he has completed all      three tasks he will discover the location of the Foul Beast of Xueoulzy.  He must travel      to this location using neither feet or wings.  Once there his only task will be to slay the      Foul Beast using the weapon he forged using neither earth, fire, or water.  Once this is     done he will become the man he so desires to become.

3.  Die and be reincarnated as a human.

Those are the only three options available for such a creature wishing to be human.

By My Own Hand,

Message Edited by Ryan_G on 03-20-2009 06:10 PM

KathyS

:smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy: ROTFPIMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, my son, but your humour struck such a funny bone, I may never recover!

QM

Ryan_G wrote:

I was much pleased by what I saw when I returned to court today from my travels in other parts of the realm.  It is always a pleasure to see new members of our illustrious court let alone two.  So the first buisness of the day is the appointment of titles and duties for our new members.  I will list the name, title, and duties as I did previously:

Lady Melhay, Marquessa of Tar Valon --- Overseer of our sizeable Dollhouse of espionage agents, dominion over all ogre, kobold, and unicorn activities, regulates all uses of the elements

Dame Nadine, Grand-Dame of Arakkis, Duchess of Medalon --- Overseer of all kingdom insitutions of learning, Admiral of the Royal Fleet, dominon over Roc, Gryphon, and Pegasus activities

I did give long and careful consideration to the conversion of frog to man question.  After talking to our Royal Alchemists and Royal Magicians I have come to the following conclusions.  There are only 3 ways that a frog may be turned into a human.  They are as follows:

1.  The kiss of a virgin Princess or Prince, whichever they prefer.  Of course finding such a willing individual will prove the hardest of the three tasks.

2.  The frog must prove his worth by undertaking a must dangerous quest.  He must frst forge a weapon from materials not of earth, fire or water.  Once that task is complete he must travel through the Swamps of Despair into the Canyons of Echoes.  In the Canyons he will be faced with three tasks.  The first is a riddle that can only be answered through silence, the second is a mirage that can only be discovered by air,      and the third is challenge that can only be answered by love.  Once he has completed all      three tasks he will discover the location of the Foul Beast of Xueoulzy.  He must travel      to this location using neither feet or wings.  Once there his only task will be to slay the      Foul Beast using the weapon he forged using neither earth, fire, or water.  Once this is     done he will become the man he so desires to become.

Those are the only three options available for such a creature wishing to be human.

By My Own Hand,

Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Thank you mother.  The is one of the highest compliments I could ever recieve, especially coming from such a Paragon of Witt. :smileyvery-happy:

KathyS wrote:

:smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy: ROTFPIMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, my son, but your humour struck such a funny bone, I may never recover!

QM

Scribe
debbook

Would that I could give more than 2 laurels my dear brother. Your wise decisions are deserving of laurels times one hundred Scribe King Ryan. I will send the court jester to entertain you, as you have entertained us.

Ryan_G wrote:

By My Own Hand,

Ryan_G
0 Kudos

To my beloved Dowager Queen Mother Kathy and my magnificent sister Scribe Princess Deborah:

The love and support you both show me not only as kin but as soverign are greatly appreciated and warming to my soul.  After our dear mother abdicated the throne I will admit to be a little wary of the responsibility.  After deeper thought I do not believe even that really explains the sheer terror I felt for about 2.4 seconds. 

The Brothers of St. Barnesian really helped me to see that I truly was ready for the throne.  That our most gracious and beloved Queen Mother really had prepared me to take the mantle of authority upon my shoulders.  I know rejoice in the fact that I am able to steer our fair Kingdom into a new era of peace and prosperity.  A era that will allow even more worthy and brilliant Noble Wordsmiths tojoin our court.

As our kingdom grows I will come to you both with questions and concerns pertaining to various aspects of our glorious realm.  They will be in areas that your vast knowledge and experience will make the difference.

By My Own Hand,

Your Loving Son And Brother, Scribe King Ryan of Wordsmithonia