Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
0 Kudos

Re: Coulrophobia - Rolly Polly and dragon problems

Melhay wrote:

Ryan_G wrote:

Mother,

I just finished speaking with the chief of the Rolly Pollys, Unc Nunkie.  I have instructed him to let his people know of the dragons that roam throught the land during the evening hours.  He told me that they already know of the creatures and that in fact they have befriended some of the friendlier ones.  I was told that they have taught some of the dragons to play draughts.  I also told him to make sure the Rolly Pollys tame their language around the palace grounds.  He assured me over a cup of kofia, that they will in fact do so.

By My Own Hand,

Scribe King Ryan of Wordsmithonia, Your Loving And Faithful Son

Message Edited by Ryan_G on 03-21-2009 11:33 PM

Queen Kathy S. and King Ryan,

I have just received word of the Dragons around the city.

I do want to apologize.  My close friend and guardian of my family, Kinya (who adopted my family), was looking over the city the other night.  She did not mean to cause any harm or disturbance to the city.  She had thought the city was beautiful and had to have a better look, she had thought that night time would be less obvious to the people.  She has to stay in hiding for the fear of people who don't accept her.

I have spoken with Kinya and she will be more cautious and aware of what she does in new lands.

Again I do apologize.  Please also accept Kinya's apology.

Lady Melissa

Dear Lady Melissa,

Thank you for your considerate note.  No apology is necessary.  We do accept all dragons on these lands, as long as they are aware of the damage that can be caused to life, limb, and properties.  Dragons, such as your Kinya, I'm sure, is well behaved, but if she mixes with the wrong crowd, there could be unwanted fires to develop in our forests.  We do try to limit the trampling of the park lawns, and flowers tend to be eaten by these enormous appitites, as well.  Please bring your Kinya with you to tea one day next week. We will properly introduce her to some of the other dragons who inhabit these many townships.

Respectfully yours,

QM Kathy

KathyS

GardenHat Party

Choisya wrote:

Dear Rulers of Wordsmithonia

I am taking the awesome liberty of writing to you from Over the Pond to compliment you all upon the exemplary governance of your Kingqueendom. Seldom in the history of Wordsmiths has such a fair and just land been seen - and all without a Constitution, except the excellent ones you have yourselves.

I recently took it upon my umbleself to drop a pebble into the Pond in the hope that the ripples would create waves which carried the news of your success far and wide, Yea! even unto the Queen of England herself, so that news of your illustrious Kingqueendom, and all who scribe in her, would be entered into the annals of the ancient history of English Kingqueendoms. I have since been informed by a Royal Corgi (who sent Barkings to Princess Debs' Dogs) that you will all shortly be invited to a Royal GardenHat Party. There you will receive the Order of the BathGarter, an ancient an honourable award entitling you to eat as many thinly cut salmon and cucumber sandwiches in the bath as you wish whilst wearing a garter. 

I look forward to joining you all in the Mall on the appointed day. (NB: Frogs are not allowed into Buckingham Palace for fear love-starved Princesses might kiss them and thereby create Princes who might usurp the throne.)

I am 

Your Umble Savant

Choisya

UK

My dear, dear Choisya,

It has been much too long since your last visit to our lands, Lady Choisya!  I have missed our talks over a sup of sherry.  Many Thank Yous for your kindness of involvment, along with this invitation.  I send you roses from our gardens, along with my formal acceptance to this wonderful day to meet your Queen!  I'm sure my son, King Ryan, will write to you, as well.

I will accept, for myself, with love and sincere gratitude, to visit you upon the Mall for the annual GardenHat Party.  Such an honor, indeed, would be all mine!  I have now instructed my personal couture to create a most spectacular hat, only fit for a Queen, such as your own. 

The eating of the salmon and cucumber sandwiches, in the bath, wearing the garter, is something very new to me.  I had not heard of this great honor of the Order of the BathGarter!  Will we be fully and formally dressed for this occasion?  And will there be bubbles in the bath, as well?  I've heard of these baths of Rome, and elsewhere, but have not the faintest recollection of them being held in your beautiful realm.  Please, instruct us on this new order of the day?

Princess Deb will also be replying to this announcement, and will instruct the KingQueendom at large, as to what will be expected of them, as soon as she finds suitable stationary.  At the moment, all of the letter heads of this realm were chewed off by her dogs in waiting, and new monarchy stationary has now been ordered, post haste-with.

You are most definitely right about the 'frog' issue.  To allow one frog into our realm has become of great interest, and concern.  We have had to deal with him with a heavy hand, as well as a heavy heart.  If he can, or will, comply with his King's orders, as they are mine, as well,  then we will take it back to court and assess his wishes, as well as taking in the wishes of all the maidens of this fair land.  We are an equal opportunity realm, and do not wish to cause dessension, which has occured in previous years, over many lands.  I know you will respect our governing body, and our wishes, as we respect yours.  He will stay here until further notice. 

Your most humble friend,

QM Kathy

Distinguished Wordsmith
Raven_Lunatic
0 Kudos

Re: GardenHat Party

[ Edited ]

Which ranks exactly are above or equal to Wordsmith? Where does a Correspondent fall in the sceme of things?

And can I come, too?

Message Edited by Raven_Lunatic on 03-22-2009 04:08 PM
Message Edited by Raven_Lunatic on 03-22-2009 04:08 PM
KathyS
0 Kudos

Ryan_G wrote:

To My Most Graicous Mother, Her Royal Highness Dowager Queen Kathy:

I gladdens my heart that you found my solutions to the problems satisfactory.  I actually enjoy taking care of the small details.  It reminds me of being the Prince that I once was.  Making sure that the people of my realm are taken care of is my greatest concern.

I spoke to my sister last night and she assured me that she is starting to feel much better and that she plans to attend court as soon as she is feeling up to it.  I am sure she has been taking this time to come up with some brilliant examples of flowing and eloquent haiku.

I do hope I sent Melvin to you quickly enough last night.  I know that your rooms can get a little drafty and that a warm fire quickly takes care of the night chills.

I was unaware of the distress over Mungo beans that our good servants, Mickey and Goofy were feeling.  I am most displeased at the situation and have already instructed our Royal butcher Sam Franklin to provide them some of the finest cuts of Kobe beef, porkloin, and spicy sausages on weekly basis.  I do hope this will be satisfactory to them.

By My Own Hand,

Scribe King Ryan of Wordsmithonia

Thank you, my son, for taking care of these small details that crop up from time to time.

I know both you and your sister will perform well in the Haiku contest.   But I am thinking, this day, that I will refrain from entering this contest.  I want to open it to others, as well as our own Wordsmiths, to enter and try their hand at this ancient crafting of words.  I would not want to intimidate the novice contestent, that would not be my wish, and causing striff amongst our peoples.  And for those who have the honor of having two laurel votes, may also so refrain from giving these awarded points.  I think voting amongst their peers is the best way to solve any possible problem of counting votes for these masterful pieces of poetry.

Thank you for sending Melvin last evening.  I much apprecitated him.  He is masterful at the hearth lighting.  My night sleep was much better, with the relief of the oft drafts that run through our castle walls and floors.   

If I may, though, I would like to suggest that you have your dragon caretaker, to administer a small amount of parsley into Melvin's diet.  As of late his breath has been a smidgen strong, and flames are in need of turning down.  Our gardener has found him in the north field, feasting on the garlic weed, and dandelion plants.  Lovely in taste, but strong in breath!  He slept by the hearth last night, which I enjoy having him there for my own protection, knowing he likes to  late sup on small insects, such as spiders, who want to find their way into my boudoir.  But each opening of his mouth, sends wafts of odoriferous incense into the room.  I sleep through this, but when morning comes, the windows must be opened, and room must be aired until noon.

Thank you again, my son.  I hope your days are well ventilated!

Your mother, as always.

Duchy of HP,

QM

KathyS
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Raven_Lunatic wrote:

Which ranks exactly are above or equal to Wordsmith? Where does a Correspondent fall in the sceme of things?

And can I come, too?

Dear R L,

As correspondent, you fall below the rank of Wordsmith, and Scribe, which are the monarchy of this realm of Wordsmithonia.  There are several ranks between you, at this time.  I do not know how long it will take you to achieve these many ranks, until you arrive at Wordsmith. 

Our King of this realm is Ryan G., Scibe and shared monarch leader, along with Princess Deb, Princess and Scibe in common with her brother  King Ryan, and myself, Queen Mother of Wordsmithonia.  My son will ascribe, or his sister will ascribe, the duties to you as an apprentice to this realm, if they so wish.  It is not my duty at this time to assign these duties. 

As far as the garden party invitation, this only the monarchy of these lands may attend.  Unless you are serving as an attendent to these other landholders.  You must be able to listen, and write, in your assigned post.  Again, my son, King Ryan G. will contact you on this matter.

Thank you for your interest in this realm of The Kingdom of Wordsmithonia,

Queen Mother, Duchy of Highland Palms,

Kathy S.

Message Edited by KathyS on 03-22-2009 01:40 PM
Scribe
debbook
0 Kudos

Re: The Kingdom of Wordsmithonia

Of course you are most welcome, all are welcome! I look forward to your contribution, especially as I myself am not gifted with the poets touch

carmen22 wrote:

King Ryan,

Are us villiagers aloud to join in this contest for nobles?

Good luck to all,

Carmen

A room without books is like a body without a soul.~ Cicero...
"bookmagic418.blogspot.com
Scribe
debbook
0 Kudos

You MUST particiapte in the contest, I so look forward to your brilliant work. Queen Mother, you are needed to set an example. Please reconsider.

KathyS wrote:

Ryan_G wrote:

To My Most Graicous Mother, Her Royal Highness Dowager Queen Kathy:

I gladdens my heart that you found my solutions to the problems satisfactory.  I actually enjoy taking care of the small details.  It reminds me of being the Prince that I once was.  Making sure that the people of my realm are taken care of is my greatest concern.

I spoke to my sister last night and she assured me that she is starting to feel much better and that she plans to attend court as soon as she is feeling up to it.  I am sure she has been taking this time to come up with some brilliant examples of flowing and eloquent haiku.

I do hope I sent Melvin to you quickly enough last night.  I know that your rooms can get a little drafty and that a warm fire quickly takes care of the night chills.

I was unaware of the distress over Mungo beans that our good servants, Mickey and Goofy were feeling.  I am most displeased at the situation and have already instructed our Royal butcher Sam Franklin to provide them some of the finest cuts of Kobe beef, porkloin, and spicy sausages on weekly basis.  I do hope this will be satisfactory to them.

By My Own Hand,

Thank you, my son, for taking care of these small details that crop up from time to time.

I know both you and your sister will perform well in the Haiku contest.   But I am thinking, this day, that I will refrain from entering this contest.  I want to open it to others, as well as our own Wordsmiths, to enter and try their hand at this ancient crafting of words.  I would not want to intimidate the novice contestent, that would not be my wish, and causing striff amongst our peoples.  And for those who have the honor of having two laurel votes, may also so refrain from giving these awarded points.  I think voting amongst their peers is the best way to solve any possible problem of counting votes for these masterful pieces of poetry.

Thank you for sending Melvin last evening.  I much apprecitated him.  He is masterful at the hearth lighting.  My night sleep was much better, with the relief of the oft drafts that run through our castle walls and floors.   

If I may, though, I would like to suggest that you have your dragon caretaker, to administer a small amount of parsley into Melvin's diet.  As of late his breath has been a smidgen strong, and flames are in need of turning down.  Our gardener has found him in the north field, feasting on the garlic weed, and dandelion plants.  Lovely in taste, but strong in breath!  He slept by the hearth last night, which I enjoy having him there for my own protection, knowing he likes to  late sup on small insects, such as spiders, who want to find their way into my boudoir.  But each opening of his mouth, sends wafts of odoriferous incense into the room.  I sleep through this, but when morning comes, the windows must be opened, and room must be aired until noon.

Thank you again, my son.  I hope your days are well ventilated!

Your mother, as always.

Duchy of HP,

QM

A room without books is like a body without a soul.~ Cicero...
"bookmagic418.blogspot.com
Bibliophile
Melhay
0 Kudos

Re: Another Award.

Choisya wrote:

Dear Rulers of Wordsmithonia

I recently took it upon my umbleself to drop a pebble into the Pond in the hope that the ripples would create waves which carried the news of your success far and wide, Yea! even unto the Queen of England herself, so that news of your illustrious Kingqueendom, and all who scribe in her, would be entered into the annals of the ancient history of English Kingqueendoms. I have since been informed by a Royal Corgi (who sent Barkings to Princess Debs' Dogs) that you will all shortly be invited to a Royal GardenHat Party. There you will receive the Order of the BathGarter, an ancient an honourable award entitling you to eat as many thinly cut salmon and cucumber sandwiches in the bath as you wish whilst wearing a garter. 

I look forward to joining you all in the Mall on the appointed day. (NB: Frogs are not allowed into Buckingham Palace for fear love-starved Princesses might kiss them and thereby create Princes who might usurp the throne.)

I am 

Your Umble Savant

Choisya

UK

Message Edited by Choisya on 03-22-2009 03:55 AM

Lady Choisya,

Thank you for the invitation to the Royal GardenHat Party.

The Royal GardenHat Party sounds as an interesting and relaxing party.  I would be honored to attend.  With pleasure, I will attend.  Please inform us of the day and I will make the room that day to be there.

Thank you,

Lady Melissa

My Blog Spot: http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Lady Melissa,

I thank you with a jouful heart that you permitted us to know the name our your Guardian Dragon.  Kinya is a beautiful name that sings in the air.   Please don't worry yourself about the incident the other night, these things do happen.  All I ask is that you promise that she will not be dining on any of the shepards sheep who graze on the yellow grasses that adorn the rolling hills just outsed the city gates.  Please let her know that she is indeed accepted in our realm, and as my mother Queen Dowager Kathy has already invited you and Kinly to tea all I can say is please do consider such a offer.  I do like watching the gentle rays of the sun glistening off the scales of a dragon sunning itself.  Just let us know two days in advance before though, that way I will be able to have the Royal Butcher and Royal Pastry Chef prepare a midday feast.

By My Own Hand,

"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Re: The Kingdom of Wordsmithonia

[ Edited ]

Madame Carmen

I do appreciate your interest in our Noble Haiku contest.  After careful consideration I have decided to allow those of any rank to enter the contest.  However only a Noble will be able to win the title of "Poet Laureate of Wordsmithonia".  I will give a seprate prize to the top vote getter belong to anyone of a lower rank.  I have not decided what that prize shall be as yet but I will get back to you on that.  I was thinking about either a marble, life size statue of Erato or laurel crown made of mother-of-pearl and jade.

So please all of those who belong to the lower ranks please feel free to post your best attempt at a haiku.  All are welcome.

By My Own Hand,

carmen22 wrote:

King Ryan,

Are us villiagers aloud to join in this contest for nobles?

Good luck to all,

Carmen

Message Edited by Ryan_G on 03-22-2009 07:58 PM

Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Lady Choisya,

Reading your words was a joyous happening for me this day.  I must say that I whole heartedly appreciate the work you have done upon the throne's behalf.  Knowing that you worked diligently to secure us a invitation from the Queen of the Kingdom of England, has confirmed for me the decision I made in including you on our Royal Council of Advisors.

The GardenHat Party does pose a question for me.   What kind of hat does a male monarch use for gardening?  I am quite sure my Crown of State will not suffice.  I was thinking of a dove grey silk top hat, trimmed in a charcoal gray silk.  My dilemna is that I'm not sure that such a hat would be festive enough.  I would appreciate any advice you could give me on this most perplexing subject.

The Order of the BathGarter does seem to be such a prestigous honor.  I have never even considered doing such a activity before and now that I have I must admit I am much intrigued to give it a try.

My mother has said all that needs to be touched upon concerning the "Frog".  All I will say is that I am considering revoking his title and confiscating his lands unless his attitude greatly improves.

By My Own Hand,

Inspired Scribe
carmen22
0 Kudos

Re: The Kingdom of Wordsmithonia: haiku contest

[ Edited ]

Well I'm no poet but here goes nothing:

Pine Tree

Green and brown standing

tall and proud, pinecone falling

It's along way down.

By: Carmen

This was fun and Good Luck Nobles may the best Wordsmith win!!!!

Message Edited by carmen22 on 03-22-2009 09:13 PM
Message Edited by carmen22 on 03-22-2009 09:19 PM
"Bright colors, Vasher thought. I'll have to get used to those again. In any other nation, the vibrant blues and yellows would have been ridiculous on soldiers. This, however, was Hallandren: land of Returned gods, Lifeless servants, BioChromatic research, and - of course - color." Warbreaker By Brandon Sanderson
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Madame Raven Lunatic

I must assume that your interest in ranking is due to your desire to some day join the exalted ranks of the Noble Wordsmiths.  I am gladdened by such an idea and look forward to awarding you a holding when that time comes.  In the meantime you are more than welcome to wander around our kingdom and learn all you can.  If you would want to their is a list of Nobles on the first page of this thread.  One of them may be willing to apprentice you as a Squire until you reach your full potential.  If you have problems attaining a sponsor please let me know.  If that is the case I would be happy to do so as would my sister Scribe Princess Deb.  In the meantime if you are intersted in joining the Haiku contest I would look forward to reading your entries.  As I answered to Madame Carmer, you will not be able to win the title of "Poet Laureate of Wordsmitonia" but you would be able to win another grand prize.

By My Own Hand,

Ryan_G
0 Kudos

My Most Honored Mother Dowager Queen Kathy, Duchess of Highland Palms:

I have already spoken to Master Tatsu about Melvin's breath.  He promised me that it will be taken care of right away. 

I do wish you would reconsider the Haiku contest entry, I think it would be an honor for us to gaze upon the words you sting together to form such a beautiful work of art.

Your Humble Son,

Ryan_G

I would like to take a quick second and thank Madame Carmen for being the fist contestant in the Wordsmithonia Haiku Contest.  Remember entries are due by Wed. 3/25/09 at Midnight.

Here is my first meager attempt at Haiku:

Great Wall of China

Built by the ancients,

now I see only tourists

in their flowered shirts.

Inspired Scribe
carmen22
0 Kudos

Re: The Kingdom of Wordsmithonia: haiku contest???

King Ryan, (curtsy:smileyhappy:)

I have a question how does the voting work are we supposed to vote on are favorites or only you are voting?

Carmen

"Bright colors, Vasher thought. I'll have to get used to those again. In any other nation, the vibrant blues and yellows would have been ridiculous on soldiers. This, however, was Hallandren: land of Returned gods, Lifeless servants, BioChromatic research, and - of course - color." Warbreaker By Brandon Sanderson
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Madame Carmen,

Good Question

All contestant are to vote for their favorites.  The top Wordsmith votegetter and top non wordsmith votegetter will be the winners.  Neither myself nor Scribe Princess Deb will be voting since we both give out two laurels at a time.

Inspired Scribe
carmen22
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

King Ryan,

So all the voting should wait until the time limt is up right? Oh and does each person only get to vote for one or can they vote for as many as they want ? And voting is done through the laurels?

Sorry about all the questions!!

Madame Carmen

Message Edited by carmen22 on 03-22-2009 09:37 PM
KathyS
0 Kudos

Ryan_G wrote:

I would like to take a quick second and thank Madame Carmen for being the fist contestant in the Wordsmithonia Haiku Contest.  Remember entries are due by Wed. 3/25/09 at Midnight.

Here is my first meager attempt at Haiku:

Great Wall of China

Built by the ancients,

now I see only tourists

in their flowered shirts.

My son, Ryan, and Madame Carmen, if I may ask you, please submit your Haiku, again -with title of poem in the Message Subject line, in the appropriate topic thread....under Post Haiku Here.  It will make it easier to find them.

Thank you both,

QM Kathy

KathyS
0 Kudos

POST HAIKU HERE - TITLE POEM in MESSAGE SUBJECT LINE:

Use this thread for your Haiku.