Inspired Contributor
Choisya

Re: Cat Haiku

[ Edited ]

Dear Wordsmithonians

Not being of a poetic disposition, I am taking the liberty of posting these Cat Haikus, with accompanying music, as an honorary overseas contribution to your worthy competition and as a gift from Lady Cleo of the Thrice Leapt Salmon.

If any one of you can write a suitably Royal Haiku to read to Her Majesty Queen of England when Wordsmithonians visit Buckingham Palace,  I am sure it will be well received and may earn more Medals or Garters (laurels are considered declasse by English monarchs and their subjects).

Your Umble Savant

UnLadylike Choisya 

Message Edited by Choisya on 03-23-2009 03:34 PM
Distinguished Bibliophile
dulcinea3
0 Kudos

Oh, Great Majesty

Choisya wrote:

Dear Wordsmithonians

Not being of a poetic disposition, I am taking the liberty of posting these Cat Haikus, with accompanying music, as an honorary overseas contribution to your worthy competition and as a gift from Lady Cleo of the Thrice Leapt Salmon.

If any one of you can write a suitably Royal Haiku to read to Her Majesty Queen of England when Wordsmithonians visit Buckingham Palace,  I am sure it will be well received and may earn more Medals or Garters (laurels are considered declasse by English monarchs and their subjects).

Your Umble Savant

UnLadylike Choisya 

I'm game (even without my magnetic poetry!):

Oh, great Majesty,

Ruler of Britannia,

We reverence Thee.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
KathyS

Misplaced poem

[ Edited ]

My dear son,

As I left for bed last night, I remembered you had given us one of your poems to read.  But this morning I seemed to have lost it.  Would you be so kind as to re-place it where one can find it? 

Thank you so much for the pharmaceuticals you sent my way for my headache last night, but I'm afraid it still remains. I have taken more powders.   I do believe it will soon leave, now that the sun is shining, and the days are warming. 

I've decided to do some planting and mulching in our rose garden, today.  I think a bit of fresh air is needed.  We must get ourselves prepared and into shape.  Our trip to England to see the Queen Mother of the UK, and to work in her garden, will be such an honor, don't you think?  And to see Lady Choisya, again, I am so looking forward to this visit.  Now I must be off to see to the manure spreading.

You take such good care of me.

Warm wishes and days for you, my son. 

QMum

Message Edited by KathyS on 03-23-2009 12:52 PM
dulcinea3

Re: Misplaced poem

KathyS wrote:

My dear son,

As I left for bed last night, I remembered you had given us one of your poems to read.  But this morning I seemed to have lost it.  Would you be so kind as to re-place it where one can find it? 

Thank you so much for the pharmaceuticals you sent my way for my headache last night, but I'm afraid it still remains. I have taken more powders.   I do believe it will soon leave, now that the sun is shining, and the days are warming. 

I've decided to do some planting and mulching in our rose garden, today.  I think a bit of fresh air is needed.  We must get ourselves prepared and into shape.  Our trip to England to see the Queen Mother of the UK, and to work in her garden, will be such an honor, don't you think?  And to see Lady Choisya, again, I am so looking forward to this visit.  Now I must be off to see to the manure spreading.

QMum

Yes, I think that if you wish to see the Queen Mother of the UK, you will definitely have to be prepared to do a bit of digging!!! :smileytongue:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
KathyS

dulcinea3 wrote:

KathyS wrote:

My dear son,

QMum

Yes, I think that if you wish to see the Queen Mother of the UK, you will definitely have to be prepared to do a bit of digging!!! :smileytongue:

Yeah, well....Dame Dulci, don't be a smart ars, you know what I mean! :smileyvery-happy:

Your Queen Mother speaketh!

Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Mother,

It gladdens me beyond believe to know that you are feeling even a tadbit better today.  I do hope that working in the gardens besides Grandpa, Papa, Farmer, Harmony, and Hefty will do you some good.  I know our Royal Gardeners have missed your presence and find great joy in your working beside them today. 

I will gladly repost my meager entry into the haiku contest, I do wish I was voting though.  I have read so many inspired works that I find myself in awe at times.

I will be away for most of the rest of the day until around 10:00 pm CST due to so matters that must be taken care of.  Nothing to worry about, just some petitions from some of are distant landholders in the Mountains of Planina.

I eagerly anticipate then new contest entries that will be waiting for me and others to enjoy when I come back.

Your Loving and Obediant Son,

Scribe King Ryan of Wordsmithonia

"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
Ryan_G

Great Wall of China

Great Wall Of China

Built By The Ancients,

Now I See Only Tourists

In Thier Flowered Shirts

Inspired Scribe
carmen22
0 Kudos

Re: The Royal Gardenhat Party

King Ryan,

No worries, I know that even the King of Kings make Mistakes.:smileyhappy:

Madame Carmen

Ryan_G wrote:

Madame Carmen,

I apologize that I inadverntly gave laurels to your post though I have pubically stated I was not going to be voting, since I give two laurels at a time.  I was trying to check who gave you laurels, and presto I ended up doing so myself.  I feel this small mistep on my part is unfortunate and when I tally votes when voting is done, I will have to take those two laurels out of the total.  I do deeply apologize.

"Bright colors, Vasher thought. I'll have to get used to those again. In any other nation, the vibrant blues and yellows would have been ridiculous on soldiers. This, however, was Hallandren: land of Returned gods, Lifeless servants, BioChromatic research, and - of course - color." Warbreaker By Brandon Sanderson
Inspired Contributor
Choisya
0 Kudos

Re: Oh, Great Majesty

That is eminently suitable Princess Dulcie. Will you be reading it yourself in your Dulcet tones or is King Ryan appointing a Royal Reader for the occasion?  I am not sure how good Her Majesty is with American accents so please ensure that her old ears are not taxed too much:smileyhappy:.  

dulcinea3 wrote:

Oh, great Majesty,

Ruler of Britannia,

We reverence Thee.

Choisya wrote:

Dear Wordsmithonians

Your Umble Savant

UnLadylike Choisya 

Oh, great Majesty,

Ruler of Britannia,

We reverence Thee.

Scribe
debbook

King Ryan

Okay here is my attempt at a hiaku, first ever

Ryan brave and true

He chases the blues away

inspired, he is

A room without books is like a body without a soul.~ Cicero...
"bookmagic418.blogspot.com
Scribe
debbook

Kathy

Kathy the poet

creative and artistic

She opens our souls

KathyS

Stop!

Stop it!  You're making me blush.

debbook wrote:

Kathy the poet

creative and artistic

She opens our souls

But it's only you all that can open your souls.  I may show you where the door is, but I can't open it for you.

Ryan_G

Deb

Deb

Beautiful and Wise,

Our Sister of Heart and Soul

A True Princess, Deb

Ryan_G

Re: King Ryan

Deb, I must agree with our benevolent mother.  Such flattery makes me blush (but keep it coming)

Scribe
debbook
0 Kudos

Well, I must stay on the good side of the Queen Mother and your Highness. I know how capricious royalty can be and suddenly decide to behead someone!!

Ryan_G wrote:

Deb, I must agree with our benevolent mother.  Such flattery makes me blush (but keep it coming)

KathyS
0 Kudos

Staying on the good side of QM!

My daughter?....How could you say something like that?   You and your brother are always on my good side!   I would never behead anyone, let alone my own children!  Who have you been listening to these days?....never mind, let me guess!!  Has Sir Frog been sneaking around your window at night?  NO! Say it isn't so?!
debbook wrote:
Well, I must stay on the good side of the Queen Mother and your Highness. I know how capricious royalty can be and suddenly decide to behead someone!!

Ryan_G wrote:

Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Princess Deb,

I must say that the mere idea of beheading someone has never even occured to me since the sight of that much blood would probably make me a little queasy.  I hope that we will never need to have the death penalty in our fair realm, but just in case I guess we better higher a Royal Executioner.  I did a little research and a few names did pop up, I do know all three of them are looking for jobs right now.  I would like your's and mother's opinions on them.  They are as follows:

Jean-Paul Marat

Elizabeth Bathory

Rodrigo Borgia

I really detest the idea of this whole thing, but it must be taken care of.

By My Own Hand

KathyS
0 Kudos

My Son, No!  If this idea had never occured to you, do not think further on this subject!  We may well banish someone from our Kingdom, or punish them by working them on our lands, but we should never have cause to execute them.  This was not our realms intentions, nor it is it our future goal.  This thought makes me faint.  I am retiring to my rooms until morning.  I will not speak further on this subject.

QMum 

Ryan_G wrote:

Princess Deb,

I must say that the mere idea of beheading someone has never even occured to me since the sight of that much blood would probably make me a little queasy.  I hope that we will never need to have the death penalty in our fair realm, but just in case I guess we better higher a Royal Executioner.  I did a little research and a few names did pop up, I do know all three of them are looking for jobs right now.  I would like your's and mother's opinions on them.  They are as follows:

Jean-Paul Marat

Elizabeth Bathory

Rodrigo Borgia

I really detest the idea of this whole thing, but it must be taken care of.

By My Own Hand

Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Mother,

As always I will defer to your judgement on this subject.  I must admit the idea made me fairly sick to my stomach even thinking about it.  I am most glad to burn the idea in the Fires of Cancellato Dalla Mente to be never thought of again. 

The idea never even occured to me until Princess Deb mentioned beheading, not that I'm blaming her.  I blame myself for allowing such a poisonous thought to enter into my mind.  I beg your forgiveness and the forgiveness of the realm.

Your Humble Servant and Son,

Inspired Contributor
Choisya
0 Kudos

Re: Royal GardenHat Party

[ Edited ]

Beloved King

I was this morning told by an Equerry to Her Majesty that she breathed a sigh of relief when she read that you would not be beheading people in Wordsmithonia.  As you will know, several ancestors of hers were beheaded and the very mention of the barbaric practice sends shivers down the Royal Spine:smileysurprised:.  Like Queen Kathy, Her Majesty does not favour any form of capital punishment, being of the opinion that miscarriages of justice have killed innocent people, especially Royals, in the past and could do so again.

Her Majesty is also relieved that you will not be bringing any frogs with you because the contagious disease which has attacked  North American frogs has so far not affected her country's amphibians.  She fears that there are not enough Princesses to go around in these days of declining monarchies and that, instead of the traditional kiss, you will have to devise even greater feats for them to perform before they are cured.  Her Majesty has an idea about a feat which would involve her pink flamingos and will add this to her list of Important Matters to discuss with you.        

The Equerry also reminded me that your party would be expected to come bearing gifts and he suggested that, in view of the economic downturn, food parcels would be appropriate.  Her Majesty has fond memories of the food parcels from America which her family received during WWII and has a particular liking for bully beef and dried egg. He also asked me to tell you that as Her Majesty is economising on electricity at Buckingham Palace as her contribution to minimising global warming, cold tea with lemon will be served.  Her Majesty has also instructed the Royal Bathpersons to run only five inches of bathwater when you eat your thinly cut salmon and cucumber sandwiches wearing your newly bestowed garters.  This is in line with the instruction her illustrious father King George VI gave about bathing when Eleanor Roosevelt stayed with him in c1942.  

Her Majesty is committed to using Green Iniatives in her Palaces and will probably wish to discuss the measures which Your Majesty and your advisors are taking in Wordsmithonia to combat global warming and to improve the environment of your Illustrious Citizens and their livestock (including dragons and dogs). 

I trust these arrangements meet with your Royal Approval. 

I remain

Your Umble Savant

UnLadylike Choisya

Message Edited by Choisya on 03-24-2009 05:52 AM