Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear

Re: Royal GardenHat Party

I propose a stinky idea. All of wonder Dragon friends are leaving us with all this dung. Our peasants are tired of mungo beans. Well.. Dragon dung does grow the most wonderful mushrooms. Mungo beans and mushroom soup for everyone!!!
Inspired Wordsmith
silverwings
0 Kudos

Wow! there's a party? I don't mean to be rude, but can i join?
"I'm asleep, but that doesn't mean I'm awake."
Ryan_G

To Our Humble Savant Lady Choisya,

Thank you so much for your letter.  Anytime I get the chance to read your eloquent words it brings a smile to my face.   I am pleased that her Majesty approves of our decesion to not have the death penalty in the realm.  I must admit to having chills up my own spine by the very idea of it.  I have never approved of the practice and hopefully never will.  But this is enough said on such a barbaric practice.

As far as the "frog" issue goes, I must admit to becoming a little stressed over the whole debacle.  To have one of our own Nobles speak out against the realm so often is greatly troubling to my soul.  I am at a loss for what to do.  I must admit to having vauge ideas of snowy exile.  I just wish our friend the frog wasn't such a crumedgeon.  If you have any ideas for me in how to deal with the issue I would glady listen to them. 

Now regarding the transformation process, I believe I have already listed the three possibilites a frog can transform into a human, but let me see if I can pull them up and list here once again, oh yes here they are:

1.  The kiss of a virgin Princess or Prince, whichever they prefer.  Of course finding such a willing individual will prove the hardest of the three tasks.

2.  The frog must prove his worth by undertaking a must dangerous quest.  He must frst forge a weapon from materials not of earth, fire or water.  Once that task is complete he must travel through the Swamps of Despair into the Canyons of Echoes.  In the Canyons he will be faced with three tasks.  The first is a riddle that can only be answered through silence, the second is a mirage that can only be discovered by air,      and the third is challenge that can only be answered by love.  Once he has completed all      three tasks he will discover the location of the Foul Beast of Xueoulzy.  He must travel      to this location using neither feet or wings.  Once there his only task will be to slay the      Foul Beast using the weapon he forged using neither earth, fire, or water.  Once this is     done he will become the man he so desires to become.

3.  Die and be reincarnated as a human.

Please share this solution with her Majesty, I am finding a rather effective solution to the transformation problem.

I have already instructed our chefs to prepare some of the best war rations in the world.  I promise that her Majest will be very pleased with the offerings.

As far as the other arrangements that her Majest has arranged, assure her that they will be fine and meet with our approval.  Also inform her that I will be bring Al Gore along with us to the Royal GardenHat Party.  This will allow her to learn all of the ways our realm is fighting the horribleness of the foul Global Warming, as he is our Royal Advisor on the subject.

By My Own Hand,

Scribe King Ryan of Wordsmithonia

"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Lady Tigger,

As for usual your insight has us blown away.  I think you have hit upon a most brilliant solution.  I have already instructed our Royal Horticulturist, Madame Chanterelle to get started on the idea right away.

By My Own Hand,

TiggerBear wrote:
I propose a stinky idea. All of wonder Dragon friends are leaving us with all this dung. Our peasants are tired of mungo beans. Well.. Dragon dung does grow the most wonderful mushrooms. Mungo beans and mushroom soup for everyone!!!

Message Edited by Ryan_G on 03-24-2009 08:34 AM

Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Lady Silverwings,

Of course you may join us on our trek across the pond to meet with Her Majesty, The Queen of England.  You are afterall one of the most respected Nobles in the land.  Just make sure you wear an appropriate hat and frock.  If you need any advice on the manner I'm sure Lady Choisya will be glad to give it to you.

By My Own Hand,

dulcinea3
0 Kudos

Re: Oh, Great Majesty

Choisya wrote:

That is eminently suitable Princess Dulcie. Will you be reading it yourself in your Dulcet tones or is King Ryan appointing a Royal Reader for the occasion?  I am not sure how good Her Majesty is with American accents so please ensure that her old ears are not taxed too much:smileyhappy:.  

dulcinea3 wrote:

I'm game (even without my magnetic poetry!):

Oh, great Majesty,

Ruler of Britannia,

We reverence Thee.

Choisya wrote:

Dear Wordsmithonians

Not being of a poetic disposition, I am taking the liberty of posting these Cat Haikus, with accompanying music, as an honorary overseas contribution to your worthy competition and as a gift from Lady Cleo of the Thrice Leapt Salmon.

If any one of you can write a suitably Royal Haiku to read to Her Majesty Queen of England when Wordsmithonians visit Buckingham Palace,  I am sure it will be well received and may earn more Medals or Garters (laurels are considered declasse by English monarchs and their subjects).

Your Umble Savant

UnLadylike Choisya 

Message Edited by Choisya on 03-23-2009 03:34 PM

I'm game (even without my magnetic poetry!):

Oh, great Majesty,

Ruler of Britannia,

We reverence Thee.

Dear Unlady Choisya,

You do me too much honour - I am not a Princess, but a numble Duchess.  I believe it was said that only Royals were invited by HRH to her Gardenhat Party.  Although I do believe that that is the highest title bestowed yet, short of the Royal Family themselves, so perhaps I might be so honoured, after all.  Especially, as, having the speech of New England, I might be the most appropriate translator between Her Majesty and our own illustrious Rulers.

Umbly Yours,

Duchess Dulcinea

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Re: Oh, Great Majesty

Dame Dulcinea,

I just wanted to let you know that I will be sending the Royal Tailor to you this evening in order to get you fitted in the proper attire for the Royal GardenHat Party.  As our Haiku presenter it is most important that you look smashing.

By My Own Hand,

Inspired Contributor
Choisya
0 Kudos

To My Beloved King. 

It is always good to read your wise words - would that all leaders were as wise as yourself but then you are surrounded by exceptional advisors. 

As for the 'frog issue', it is indeed a troubling and longstanding one but rather than a 'snowy' exile, I would suggest a watery one, perhaps to the Great Lakes area of Canada or any other watery domain others might suggest?  From here the wonderful quests you suggest could be embarked upon in the hope that a full Truth and Reconciliation process could eventually take place.  Like her Majesty the Queen of England, I do not set much store by a kiss from someone of Royal Blood because there are now remarkably few of them in the world, and certainly very few who would kiss a curmudgeonly frog!  I do not favour solution No.3 because there is always the possibility, because of his karma, that he could be reincarnated as something much worse:smileysurprised:.  However, let us wait for Her Majesty's opinion on these matters to see if her pink flamingo solution appeals to Wordsmithonians.  (I hope she is not thinking of consigning frogs to the Lake Nakuru area of Africa as food for the 4 million flamingos who live there!  As a Huntress, she does have rather cruel streak:smileysad:.)

It is indeed good to hear that you are bringing along the esteemed American Nobel Laureate on Global Warming to the GardenHat Party, where I am sure he will find at least 1000 other scientists, as well as the Queen herself, who will agree with him.  It will be a heart but not global warming occasion!

When I told the Equerry of your decision to bring war rations with you, his face became wreathed in smiles and he mentioned that he would advise her Majesty to have her Medalmakers design some special new medals immediately.  Top Secret:  Apparently Her Majesty has another  request - she would like a pair of fully fashioned nylon stockings like the American GIs used to give the British girls.  As a Princess in the ATS, she was never allowed to fraternise with GIs and she missed out on this 'perk' of fraternisation.  She had to make do with staining her legs tan with gravy browning and drawing a line up the back with her eyebrow pencil!  Perhaps you could make it your personal quest to find a pair of these nylons and present them to Her Majesty in secret?

There are now only 8 days before we all meet at Admiralty Arch so I do hope that all your preparations regarding costumes and hats are in hand.  Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

I remain 

Your Umble Savant

UnLladylike Choisya

Ryan_G wrote:

To Our Humble Savant Lady Choisya,

Thank you so much for your letter.  Anytime I get the chance to read your eloquent words it brings a smile to my face.   I am pleased that her Majesty approves of our decesion to not have the death penalty in the realm.  I must admit to having chills up my own spine by the very idea of it.  I have never approved of the practice and hopefully never will.  But this is enough said on such a barbaric practice.

As far as the "frog" issue goes, I must admit to becoming a little stressed over the whole debacle.  To have one of our own Nobles speak out against the realm so often is greatly troubling to my soul.  I am at a loss for what to do.  I must admit to having vauge ideas of snowy exile.  I just wish our friend the frog wasn't such a crumedgeon.  If you have any ideas for me in how to deal with the issue I would glady listen to them. 

Now regarding the transformation process, I believe I have already listed the three possibilites a frog can transform into a human, but let me see if I can pull them up and list here once again, oh yes here they are:

1.  The kiss of a virgin Princess or Prince, whichever they prefer.  Of course finding such a willing individual will prove the hardest of the three tasks.

2.  The frog must prove his worth by undertaking a must dangerous quest.  He must frst forge a weapon from materials not of earth, fire or water.  Once that task is complete he must travel through the Swamps of Despair into the Canyons of Echoes.  In the Canyons he will be faced with three tasks.  The first is a riddle that can only be answered through silence, the second is a mirage that can only be discovered by air,      and the third is challenge that can only be answered by love.  Once he has completed all      three tasks he will discover the location of the Foul Beast of Xueoulzy.  He must travel      to this location using neither feet or wings.  Once there his only task will be to slay the      Foul Beast using the weapon he forged using neither earth, fire, or water.  Once this is     done he will become the man he so desires to become.

3.  Die and be reincarnated as a human.

Please share this solution with her Majesty, I am finding a rather effective solution to the transformation problem.

I have already instructed our chefs to prepare some of the best war rations in the world.  I promise that her Majest will be very pleased with the offerings.

As far as the other arrangements that her Majest has arranged, assure her that they will be fine and meet with our approval.  Also inform her that I will be bring Al Gore along with us to the Royal GardenHat Party.  This will allow her to learn all of the ways our realm is fighting the horribleness of the foul Global Warming, as he is our Royal Advisor on the subject.

By My Own Hand,

Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Lady Savant Choisya,

Thank you for replying to me so quickly, surely you have magical means of delivery at your disposal.

I will take the "watery" exile for said frog under advisement.  I do hesitate over the Great Lakes region since I would not want to tarnish such a pristine and beautiful area with such a contaminate.  For you see my place of birth sits on the shore of one of those magestic lakes.  Maybe some murky swap somewhere would be more suitable.  I was thinking of the Swamps of Sadness in the Duchy of Fantasia but I would not want to burden the Duchess, Dulcinea with the manner.  Alas, I will have to think of another solution to this burden.

I am glad that there is much gladness over the gifting of the war rations.  I must admit I never would have thought of such a gift and I am ever in your debt for suggesting it.  I must say that the nylons posed a bit of a problem but I was able to secure some from Rosie the Riveter.  She had a stash of them hidden away in a old steamer trunk.  When I explained who they were for, she glady handed them over.

I am looking forward to our fete in eight days. 

By My Own Hand,

KathyS

My dear Choisya,

I've given some thought to our Sir Fog issues, as well as these Flying Pink Flamingo issues. 

Eating habits of both are deplorable,  where both brine shrimp and algae are mixed, gasses are emitted quite frequently, and to relocate them would take a considerable amount of space, to avoid further contamination of our lands, not to mention the warming of our planet being of utmost concern in this process.

Confinement, in small areas, becomes a contaminant, but in the same breathe, [cough, cough] it also seems to work, as they feed off of the same source, and tend to implode upon themselves as a result. 

I have looked into another solution for these unruly creatures, the outback of Montego Bay.  Montego Bay is the second largest city in Jamaica and is the location of Jamaica's largest airport, the Sir Donald Sangster International Airport. If Sir Donald agrees with our thoughts, here today, we can have them flown out of our realms post haste.  Or if he decides to keep them within Montego Bay area, it will then be his choice, as well as his problem.  I do not wish to visit Jamaica any time soon, but when our monarchy comes together, for our annual meeting next year, hopefully this problem will have been resolved.

I am so looking forward to our seeing each other, Choisya, and this grand and glorious party will be wonderful.  I have been remiss in our correspondence, having many duties to attend to of late, brings me much sadness.  I will think of you today, as I tend my gardens.  And knowing how Cleo loves our gardens, I will use the catnip that our gardener  has provided, for her treat.  In the meantime, Ryan and Deb will keep you abreast of the comings and goings of our lands.

Please be well,

faithfully,

Kathy, QM, Duchy of Highland Palms.

Choisya wrote:

To My Beloved King. 

It is always good to read your wise words - would that all leaders were as wise as yourself but then you are surrounded by exceptional advisors. 

As for the 'frog issue', it is indeed a troubling and longstanding one but rather than a 'snowy' exile, I would suggest a watery one, perhaps to the Great Lakes area of Canada or any other watery domain others might suggest?  From here the wonderful quests you suggest could be embarked upon in the hope that a full Truth and Reconciliation process could eventually take place.  Like her Majesty the Queen of England, I do not set much store by a kiss from someone of Royal Blood because there are now remarkably few of them in the world, and certainly very few who would kiss a curmudgeonly frog!  I do not favour solution No.3 because there is always the possibility, because of his karma, that he could be reincarnated as something much worse:smileysurprised:.  However, let us wait for Her Majesty's opinion on these matters to see if her pink flamingo solution appeals to Wordsmithonians.  (I hope she is not thinking of consigning frogs to the Lake Nakuru area of Africa as food for the 4 million flamingos who live there!  As a Huntress, she does have rather cruel streak:smileysad:.)

It is indeed good to hear that you are bringing along the esteemed American Nobel Laureate on Global Warming to the GardenHat Party, where I am sure he will find at least 1000 other scientists, as well as the Queen herself, who will agree with him.  It will be a heart but not global warming occasion!

When I told the Equerry of your decision to bring war rations with you, his face became wreathed in smiles and he mentioned that he would advise her Majesty to have her Medalmakers design some special new medals immediately.  Top Secret:  Apparently Her Majesty has another  request - she would like a pair of fully fashioned nylon stockings like the American GIs used to give the British girls.  As a Princess in the ATS, she was never allowed to fraternise with GIs and she missed out on this 'perk' of fraternisation.  She had to make do with staining her legs tan with gravy browning and drawing a line up the back with her eyebrow pencil!  Perhaps you could make it your personal quest to find a pair of these nylons and present them to Her Majesty in secret?

There are now only 8 days before we all meet at Admiralty Arch so I do hope that all your preparations regarding costumes and hats are in hand.  Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

I remain 

Your Umble Savant

UnLladylike Choisya

dulcinea3

Frog Banishment

Scribe King Ryan,

I had been considering offering the Island of Flying Monkeys as a suitable place of banishment for said Frog.  As you know, I have possession of this Island as it is just off the coast of the Land of Oz.  My main involvement with it is to try to contain the Flying Monkeys there and prevent them from roaming the rest Kingdom of Wordsmithonia and frightening the scarecrows therein.  The Dragons are very helpful in this endeavor.  As soon as one or more Flying Monkeys begins an escape attempt, a Dragon is sure to spot them and round them up.  I never enter upon this Island myself, so what happens on the Island of Flying Monkeys, stays on the Island of Flying Monkeys.  I am sure that the Frog would fit in with the Monkeys admirably, as they all have many Warts, and that the Dragons would be happy to extend their surveillance to keep him contained.

My thanks to Your Sire on the offer of the Royal Tailor.  I was thinking that something along the lines of the outfit worn by my good friend Glinda, the Good Witch of the North, might be appropriate.  What thinkest Thou?  Or might a three-foot-high plastic Crown with Spangles be offensive to the Royal Personages?  Ah, well, the Gown might still do.  And, if I have a Wand like that of Glinda, I might be able to react appropriately should the Frog somehow stow away in the Luggage.

Obeisantly Yours,

Duchess Dulcinea

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
KathyS

Letter to Lady Melissa

Melhay wrote:

Queen Mother of Wordsmithdom,

Kinya and myself would be cordially honored to have tea with such a gracious Queen Mother and court.  Kinya feels blessed to have the opportunity to be introduced to the other dragons of the township.

Kinya is young in her years but is aged in her knowledge from dragon history.  She does not want to relive any of the horrid history between human and dragon.  She will not feed on any plants or livestock unless asked first in the Kingdom.  She, too, has mentioned to me of the dragons that are still about who do not feel the same as she for human kind.  They too concern her.  She does hope to help in what way she can to put a stop to the miss use of trust and harm between people and dragons.  Unfortunatly there are always some that make it very difficult for all to have peace.

Please have your squire let us know what day would be best suited for you and Kinya and I will be there with you.

Lady Melissa

My Dear Lady Melissa,

I apologize for my not responding to your letter post haste.   As yet, my daughter has not replaced the stationary that her dogs chewed up, and my using a scrap of paper bag she has given me, is not my desire, but one must make do with what one has.   Brown is not my color of choice, and ink seepage through this conveyance of thoughts, is of a serious problem upon my desk, not to say my fingers. 

Now, back to more important topics at hand.  I consider you and your friend, Dragon Kinya, part of our realm, and I am pleased to note, a special part.  It is far and few between, to find a dragon such as yours, one who respects the peace of others, and is willing to help find a solution to these dissorderly dragon combatants within our realm. 

I would like to hear more of your ideas to this problem.  I may add, also, that I have invited our King Ryan's dragon, Melvin.  I know two heads are always better than one, and our Dragoon Melliflous Melvin, will be more than willing to help with these issues.  He is a dear, and always a thoughtful help to us. 

Any time of this week would be agreeable with Melvin, that is if my son has no objections.  And perhaps all of our lady's of Wordsmithonia would be willing to come and offer more suggestions.  I will advise all as soon as possible, once I find another paper bag to write on.  Until then?

Your Queen Mother,

Kathy, Duchy of Highland Palms

KathyS
0 Kudos

Re: Frog Banishment

dulcinea3 wrote:

Scribe King Ryan,

I had been considering offering the Island of Flying Monkeys as a suitable place of banishment for said Frog.  As you know, I have possession of this Island as it is just off the coast of the Land of Oz.  My main involvement with it is to try to contain the Flying Monkeys there and prevent them from roaming the rest Kingdom of Wordsmithonia and frightening the scarecrows therein.  The Dragons are very helpful in this endeavor.  As soon as one or more Flying Monkeys begins an escape attempt, a Dragon is sure to spot them and round them up.  I never enter upon this Island myself, so what happens on the Island of Flying Monkeys, stays on the Island of Flying Monkeys.  I am sure that the Frog would fit in with the Monkeys admirably, as they all have many Warts, and that the Dragons would be happy to extend their surveillance to keep him contained.

My thanks to Your Sire on the offer of the Royal Tailor.  I was thinking that something along the lines of the outfit worn by my good friend Glinda, the Good Witch of the North, might be appropriate.  What thinkest Thou?  Or might a three-foot-high plastic Crown with Spangles be offensive to the Royal Personages?  Ah, well, the Gown might still do.  And, if I have a Wand like that of Glinda, I might be able to react appropriately should the Frog somehow stow away in the Luggage.

Obeisantly Yours,

Duchess Dulcinea

Duchess Dulcinea,

May I add, Dame Dulci, you offer wonderful thoughts concerning all issues.  We still have the Flying Pink Flamingo flying forthwith, but that is another matter that will have to be addressed by our Monarchy, forthcoming.

Your choices of dress will be up to you, and I'm sure brilliantly clad you will be, but I would like to offer my crafts-people to sculpt you a wand worthy of your wonderful wild weavings.  I know you will use it wisely.

Respectfully yours,

QM, Kathy, Duchy of Highland Palms

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy

Re: The Kingdom of Wordsmithonia

To Whom It May Concern, I am Lady Veronica. I am applying for the position of "Seamstress to The Royal Community" I have be outfitting ,Kingdoms of Royalty for 5 years...my taste is inpecable,with my eyes closed I can pick out the finest silks,cottons,velvets and especially high end Denim..(there is a difference)My schooling is as follows attended TSVA,,if one doesn't know the intials.then I guess none of you have a flair for dressing yourself.I have worked for Sir Lauren,Lord Armani,and some up and coming designers...I will await your Manservant to appear at my Cottage in the Green Mts of Vt...I have spoken to him behind your back,and we had tea and.....he knows how to reach me..Will await your reply..,I must go now and sew a shirt for" him",his last one was ripped,i wonder how that happened.....I will need funds to attend Fashion Week in Milan.....
Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Inspired Contributor
Choisya
0 Kudos

What a truly tremendous Idea Lady Veronica!  I especially noted your reference to 'high end denim' which would be especially suited to making the Gardening Aprons with Tool Pockets I recommended as part of the Royal Gardenhat Party costumes earlier.  I think that Her Majesty might also like one of these useful garments now that a shortage of gardeners has contributed to her spending more time in the royal garden.  Perhaps matching coats could be made for her corgis?  Such gifts would surely increase the number of Medals that she would feel she could bestow upon Wordsmithonians.

May I commend Lady Veronica to His Royal Highness Scribe King Ryan and to the rest of the Court. 

PS:  Please make sure that all materials are made from sustainable sources - Her Majesty, though not a fashionable person, is very knowledgeable about such matters and is sure to look into their origin.    

Vermontcozy wrote:
To Whom It May Concern, I am Lady Veronica. I am applying for the position of "Seamstress to The Royal Community" I have be outfitting ,Kingdoms of Royalty for 5 years...my taste is inpecable,with my eyes closed I can pick out the finest silks,cottons,velvets and especially high end Denim..(there is a difference)My schooling is as follows attended TSVA,,if one doesn't know the intials.then I guess none of you have a flair for dressing yourself.I have worked for Sir Lauren,Lord Armani,and some up and coming designers...I will await your Manservant to appear at my Cottage in the Green Mts of Vt...I have spoken to him behind your back,and we had tea and.....he knows how to reach me..Will await your reply..,I must go now and sew a shirt for" him",his last one was ripped,i wonder how that happened.....I will need funds to attend Fashion Week in Milan.....

Ryan_G

Re: Frog Banishment

Dame Dulcines,

Thank you so much for the offer of The Island of Flying Monkeys, it may be the asnwer to my prayers.  If it is ok with you I would like to send my Royal Zoologist, The Man in the Yellow Hat to take a look at the island to make sure it would be a suitable location for the "frog".

As far as the gown goes, I think the my esteemed mother is correct in saying that you have always shown impreccable taste and I have no doubt you and the tailor will come up with something extraordinary.  I think the hat would be ok if you added a few garden elements to it.  Maybe a trow or a watering can.  Of course those may be a little heavy so maybe just a trellis with roses or ivy climbing up it?  I will admit to having no fashion sense when it comes to bedecking oneself out with hats.  I will leave it in your tastefull hand and look forward to seeing you in all your glory.

By My Own Hand,

Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Madame Veronica,

I will have to allow my mother, The Dowager Queen Kathy, Duchess of Highland Palms to field your request for a position within our court.  I get the strong feeling I know you from somewhere but I can't quite place it.  I'm sure my mother in all her infinite wisdom will be able to discover if my feelings of trepidation towards your request is valid or not.  If not, I will leave it up to my mother to decided on your employement.  I shall advise you to have numerous examples of your work for my mother and even maybe my  sister, the Scribe Princess Deb, to examine.  They both have rather a gifted eye for quality fashion and it would suite your cause were you to impress them with your ability.

By My Own Hand,

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

When I received your Manservant in the Parlor,and I read the note so carefully written,I must confess,that I was amused at your request to see an example of my detailed and splendid creations.I will be gathering together all that you have requested,my Lord,and will be sending it to you when Bridget my Handmaiden returns from her Holiday in Bath.I must go now and rest,its been avery exhausting day,since Bridget has been gone,I must draw my own bath...thank goodness cook is still with me,she is 92,I cannot live without her,I will die if she leaves me..I Remain Victoria
KathyS

Lullaby

Oft wafts yon breezes

Gently hear nights murmuring

Soft these lullabies

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy

My Dear Lady Choisya,I am so blessed with good fortune..we can finally see each other again..I have so missed our frolicking around the Castle...father would be so proud.. I promise your  secret is safe with me....I have a Factory in India,and all of the cotton is pure,and free of anything nasty.The Fabric is washed 300 times in the River,which is the River of the Gods...My Carriage is ready, I must go...,You are Missed,  Victoria.....