Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS

Re: The Kingdom of Wordsmithonia

[ Edited ]

Ryan_G wrote:

Madame Veronica,

I will have to allow my mother, The Dowager Queen Kathy, Duchess of Highland Palms to field your request for a position within our court.  I get the strong feeling I know you from somewhere but I can't quite place it.  I'm sure my mother in all her infinite wisdom will be able to discover if my feelings of trepidation towards your request is valid or not.  If not, I will leave it up to my mother to decided on your employement.  I shall advise you to have numerous examples of your work for my mother and even maybe my  sister, the Scribe Princess Deb, to examine.  They both have rather a gifted eye for quality fashion and it would suite your cause were you to impress them with your ability.

By My Own Hand,

Scribe King Ryan of Wordsmithonia

My son, thank you for coming to me with these messages of import.  I also feel something in my bones about this, is not right.  Madame whatever her name is, has addressed you, and signed her name as Victoria, and in her letter to Lady Choisya, she signed her name Veronica.  Then Veronica to you, as well.  Which is it, I wonder?!   Do we have an imposter in our midst?  Horror of horrors!

Could this be my wicked twin sister, Katrina, who is noted for her lies about me, and her admittance of her adulterous affair with my dear departed husband?  Please, inquire further of her history in these lands?

Once we allow her into our kingdom, only the Icabod can remove her!  I don't know what to say to this!  Does she think she can come into our lands and pose as a seamstress, to win over the hearts of our people, and what does Lady Choisya know of this women?  She seems to have a history that may be unseamly!  With credentials that I fear are false!  Yes, we need aprons for our wearing at the Royal GardenHat party, but to what expense?!

Please see me  as soon as possible, after you have talked further with this woman.

Yours,

QMum

Message Edited by KathyS on 03-24-2009 07:26 PM
Ryan_G

Madame Veronica/Victoria,

I am willing to meet with you to discuss the issue of a job among other things but it will not be within the bounds of Wordsmithonia.  I will meet you on neutral territory.  Their is a small land just oustide the southern boundary of our realm.  Neutralia is governed by the wise Queen Semleges.  She has agreed to lend me a conference room to meet you in where me may discuss things further.

If you feel like being treacherous don't bother to come, I will have bodyguards with me while Queen Semleges has instructed her guards not to let you in unless you are alone and unarmed.

By My Own Hand,

"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Mother,

I have sent a letter to this woman and made arrangements to meet with her in a neutral place.  Have no fears, if this is in fact your sister I will recognize her and will not allow her entry into our realm unless you give leave for such a action.  I have already had dealings with her when she claimed to be my real mother, which I found to be laughable.  Once I meet with her I will let you know and we can decide where to go from there.

Your Loving Son,

KathyS

Meeting with Madame Victoria/Veronica

Thank you my son, for your prompt reply concerning my concerns.  Or should I say, Our concerns.  If she is not who we think she may be, you may allow this woman to enter our realm.  She had better have good reasons for altering her name to us, and credentials to follow.  Maybe you should consider having her fingers printed.  I fear a plastic surgeon may have had a hand in this!  But that is a mother's fear at this moment.  Please forgive me if my imagination is going into the dark side of thought?

Good night, my son, and wish my dear daughter the same?

Lovingly,

QMum 

Scribe
debbook

Re: Meeting with Madame Victoria/Veronica

If this woman is truly from the province of Vermontonia, then she can be trusted. They are a fair-minded, nature loving group. You must ask her questions that no imposter could possibly know.

Also, I will be soon be requiring new garments for the fairer weather and of course for the Royal Garden Hat Party.

I wish you well upon your journey brother, be safe and be ever mindful of frogs, especially if they are carrying books.

Your loving sister, Scribe Princess Deborah

A room without books is like a body without a soul.~ Cicero...
"bookmagic418.blogspot.com
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Mother,

You are most welcome.  If this woman is on the up and up she will be allowed in.  If not she will be kept from our borders and our family.  You have my word on that.  Have a good evening mother, I will send Melvin to light your hearth and will send Madame Caje with your tea. 

Your Loving Son,

Ryan

Ryan_G
0 Kudos

My Sister, the problem is that this may be other evil Aunt who is bent on revenge for slights she feels mother has done to her.  Both Mother and I feels she maybe trying to gain entry into the realm throught subterfuge.  If this is in fact the case I may not be able to handle being in the same room as her, she has already claimed that she is my real mother and that our mom stole me from her when I was born.  The whole idea is idiotic to say the least.

Now on the other hand if she is the real deal I will set her up in the castle with her own suite of rooms to get started on new garments for all of us. 

Regardless we will have new frocks to wear to the Royal GardenHat Party.

Have a restfull night sister and I will speak to you soon

Your Brother,

King Ryan of Wordsmithonia

Scribe
debbook

Oh dear, perhaps this woman hath been watching Thy Youngeth and Thy Restlesseth. Be on guard at all times. I will not sleep until you have returned safely from your journey. Take thy dogs with you, they will keep you safe, though they may cheweth your socks.

Your everloving sister

Scribe
debbook

King Ryan,The Frog has put a spell on you and turned you into a bibliophile. However did this happen? Oh, my the walls have been breached!! Banish this frog before you become a curmudgeon  (or politically conservative). I shan't sleep a wink tonight, how frightful is this ordeal.
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

I will sister, every percuation is being taken.  Sleep well knowing I will be safe and sound tomorrow.  I assume that I will only be gone for a few hours tomorrow.  I will take my two favorite Irish Wolfhounds with me, Mazrim and Laszlo.  I will also be bringing my dragon Melvin with me.  Stay with mother tomorrow while I'm gone and try to keep her mind of this distressing matter.

Your faithfull brother,

Scribe King Ryan

Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Bibliophile

[ Edited ]

My sister Princess Deb,

Do not worry about me.  Zeus, Isis, and Coyote appeared to me and told me they were raising my rank to Bibliophile in order to keep a cosmic balance.  With Lord Everyman the Frog being the only Bibliophile in the realm they felt a counterbalance was needed to keep the Heavens from falling and crushing us all.  I deeply apologize for not telling you and mother earlier but the whole Madame Veronica/Victoria situation had me preoccupied.

My becoming a crumudgeon of a political conservative are not even in the realm of possibility.  They are afflictions that I have been immunized by the Goddess Hygeia herself.

So don't fear for me, Lord Everyman the Frog did not put a spell on me nor breach the castle walls.  He is in the process of being shipped to the Island of Flying Monkeyes off the coast of Dame Dulcineas holding of Oz.  Our Royal Zoologist, The Man in the Yellow Hat, is accompying him to make sure he does not escape.

Your loving brother,

King Ryan the Bibliophile of Wordsmithonia

Message Edited by Ryan_G on 03-24-2009 10:58 PM

Scribe
debbook

Re: Frog to Panda

You should know the Frog has changed himself into a cuddly Panda. All plans to exile the Frog must be redone. Trickery, nothing but trickery going on here. I suppose he will be a Trojan Horse next. Alert the dragons!!

Everfearful, Scribe Princess Deb

Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Re: Frog to Panda

Dear Sister,

Regardless of how he trys to hide his appearance by covering himself with fur, the warts will still be there.  Do not fret he will still be exiled to the Island of Flying Monkeyes, in this form he will be even easier to keep track of since he is larger.  He will not escape our justice by trying to decieve.

Your brother,

Inspired Contributor
Choisya
0 Kudos

I agree fair Debs that those from Vermontonia can be trusted. I think the matter of the name was a mere slip of the keyboard and as they say in Scotland 'a slip of the keyboard is nae fault of the memory'.  It may even have been the result of a spell cast by a curmudgeonly frog!:smileysurprised:

debbook wrote:

If this woman is truly from the province of Vermontonia, then she can be trusted. They are a fair-minded, nature loving group. You must ask her questions that no imposter could possibly know.

Also, I will be soon be requiring new garments for the fairer weather and of course for the Royal Garden Hat Party.

I wish you well upon your journey brother, be safe and be ever mindful of frogs, especially if they are carrying books.

Your loving sister, Scribe Princess Deborah

Inspired Contributor
Choisya
0 Kudos

Re: RGHP Press Release.

To my Beloved King and his Court.

I have been asked to inform you that a Press Release about attendees at the Royal GardenHat Party will be required by the British Court Equerries on the morning of 31st March, to be posted on the Palace Gates.  It should contain details of the names and titles of the Wordsmithsonian attendees at the Court of Her Majesty, their duties and a full description of what they will be wearing on the day.  I suggest that you ask your nominated attendees to produce an individual Press Release on this thread so that you can incorporate it into one that can be duly posted on the Palace Gates.  These sub-Press Releases will also be used by the British Broadcasting Corporation in their World Service radio broadcasts later that day.  

I was alarmed to hear that the Frog had transmigrated into a Panda because His Royal Highness the Duke of Edinburgh, husband of her Majesty the Queen, is President Emeritus of the World Wildlife Fund whose mascot is a Giant Panda.  I fear that the aforementioned frog is seeking to bamboozle visiting Wordsmithonians by appearing as a cuddly animal who might innocently be carried into the UK.  His Royal Highness has accordingly given instructions to Customs Officers to send all cuddly toys looking like pandas, and all real pandas found on your flight, back to America without any bamboo shoots. To all Wordsmithonians His Royal Highness sends this message - Beware Cuddly Pandas with Warts!!!

I look forward to reading your Press Releases as detailed above.

Your Umble Savant

UnLadylike Choisya

Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Madame Veronica/Victoria

Mother and Sister,

I just arrived back from my meeting and I have some rather unpleasent news.  I don't want to say this but I fear our worries were valid.  I now have reason to believe this Madame Veronica/Victoria was in face your eveil twin cloned sister and our aunt.  She never showed up for our meeting, which leaves me with that conclusion.  I can only assume that she took my warning to heart and gave up her plans of entering the kingdom by subterfuge.  I know we thought this woman out of our lives forever, but alas she is trying to reinstate herself into our family.  I have notified the boarder dragons of her and am assured that they will have no problem keeping her out of the kingdom.  I have also instructed them to stop anyone male going by the name of Victor from entering the kingdom as well.  For I know our diabolical aunt idolized that must insidious singing nun who tried to infiltrate our borders before.  I have told them not to harm her, she is family afterall, but they are to keep her out.  If either of you have anymore insturcitons for me on how to handle this situation please let me know.

Your Loving Son and Brother,

Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Haiku Contest

To all Nobles and Others,

I want to remind everyone that the deadline for entering and voting on the haiku contest ends tonight at 12 Midnight CST.  I will announce the winners shortly after that.  I would not be displeased at all where a few more entries to be turned in before said time.

By My Own Hand,

dulcinea3

Re: Madame Veronica/Victoria

Ryan_G wrote:

Mother and Sister,

I just arrived back from my meeting and I have some rather unpleasent news.  I don't want to say this but I fear our worries were valid.  I now have reason to believe this Madame Veronica/Victoria was in face your eveil twin cloned sister and our aunt.  She never showed up for our meeting, which leaves me with that conclusion.  I can only assume that she took my warning to heart and gave up her plans of entering the kingdom by subterfuge.  I know we thought this woman out of our lives forever, but alas she is trying to reinstate herself into our family.  I have notified the boarder dragons of her and am assured that they will have no problem keeping her out of the kingdom.  I have also instructed them to stop anyone male going by the name of Victor from entering the kingdom as well.  For I know our diabolical aunt idolized that must insidious singing nun who tried to infiltrate our borders before.  I have told them not to harm her, she is family afterall, but they are to keep her out.  If either of you have anymore insturcitons for me on how to handle this situation please let me know.

Your Loving Son and Brother,

Sire, 

If that is the case, thou shouldst probably warn them about anyone using the Name of Dominiqueniquenique as well.  Although I fear that the notorious Sister Bertrille may pose a greater threat, as she may disguise herself as a Dragon and fly into the Kingdom.  This Cabal of Nuns must be thwarted!  Of course, the Worst of them all is She who goes by the alias of The Penguin!  Even grown Men in black suits and dark sunglasses go in Terror of that Dread Scourge!  And Elderly Priests have been known to crash through Windows at the mear mention of Nuns.

Thy minion the Man in the Yellow Hat will be allowed onto the Island of Flying Monkeys if it is thy wish.  However, I would caution that he not remain for long, as no Human has entered and exited that Island in many years.  I would also discourage him from bringing his curious Friend, as he may fall under a Bad Influence from his Distant Relatives.

My GardenHat costume is coming along nicely, with the help of the Royal Seamstresses, whose help I most Gratefully appreciate.  I have taken Your Majesty's honored suggestion, and instructed the three-foot-high Plastic Crown to be adorned with Rose-covered Trellises.  And the Wand that Her Lady the Queen Mother's craftsperson fashioned for me is just the Thing to deal with Frogs and Pandas.

Obeisantly Yours,

Dame Dulcinea

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Re: Madame Veronica/Victoria

Dame Dulcinea,

You words of warning are taken to heart and I have instucted all Border Dragons to be on the lookout for all Cabal members.  I fear I was remiss in thinking of them, I was so preocuppied with Veronia/Victoria.  Your wisdom once again has come at a most auspicous time.

The Man in the Yellow Hat, I assure you will have no problems with your flying monkeyes.  As his curious friend has shown us, he is most deft with dealing with primates of all types.  And don't fear his curious friend is as of this minute playing with my faithfull Wolfhounds.  He was trying to tie large groups of balloons on their tails. 

I am most glad that you are running with my suggestion for the hat to the Royal GardenHat Party.  Now don't forget to compose the brief press release that Lady Choisya is asking from all of us.  Post it then we will put everyones posts together into one large press release.  I will do mine either tonight or tomorrow.

By My Own Hand,

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy

Re: Haiku Contest

My prettySpiderwart (Haiku )

Fairy Friends,we are one..Fear  Crimson Heart    droplets of blood,so colorful..Victoria/Veronica  

1. I am around,but you will never find me,making lists are so comforting,I am daft,Please Fear The the Periwnkle One,she is a deceiving Trollop
  2. I speak to the dragons,they have hadth their way with me...vvv
Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer