Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to Wordsmithonia

Dear Lady TiggerBear,

We obviously cannot come to a meeting of the minds.  I have now announced in the Community Room our wishes for others to join us this month in this May celebration.  I have not seen your replay to me, here, as of this time, in regards to needing your help with announcements;  my request of you to make these invitations.

I do hope all is well with you, and you are not bogged down in your many tasks on other realms.  You do get around!  If you have made these invitations, please forgive me of my ignorance.   Please communicate if you have, or have not.  Or you will, or you will not.  If you cannot, I will assign this duty to another.  Thank you for all of your support.

Yours, as always,

QM,

Kathy

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

My apologies my Queen I have a very chaotic day outside our realms. Would tomorrow be alright? Today I been lucky to get 5 mins just to check in at a time. If later tonight my sch frees up I'll also gladly do your missive then. Please forgive my delay.

KathyS
0 Kudos

Lady TiggerBear, I am sorry.  I know this must be a busy time for you, as you had mentioned.  I'm feeling so down right now, it's all I can do to do what I've done.  It will pass, in its own time.  I am forcing myself to stay on top, at the moment.  Talk soon.

Kathy

TiggerBear

My Queen I have set fouth open summons to the masses in HP, Sci/fi, and mystery. I've seen yours in community. Is there anywhere else you think one should be placed?

Scribe
JdiennoPSU

My dearest Queen and people of Wordsmithonia,

I am sorry it has taken me so long to come back to your beautiful kingdom.  Those magic cupcakes Tiggerbear fed me sure made me loopy and soon after waking up here I hid in the greenest Forrest I have ever seen.  Though I am still nervous of all of you I have decided that I will trust that you do not hurt me like your queenship stated previously.  As you can see I have recently stumbled onto the profession inspired wordsmith which is incredible as I have only reached of age in my land in March of this year.  Thank you for your offer of staying in your kingdom, I have decided that my world no longer needs me or I would not have stumbled into this realm.  If you still wish it, I would like to make your land mine as well and become one of your loyal subjects.  I wish I could meet your son at this time as well but alas that must wait.

Yours very truly,

JdiennoPSU

- JJ

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

FACT: Childhood cancers are the #1 disease killer in children - more than asthma, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, and pediatric AIDS combined.
Frequent Contributor
largerthanlife

[ Edited ]

To His Royal Majesty, Her Highness the Queen Dowager, Her Highness the Princess Deb, and all other Lords and Ladies of the land of Wordsmithonia.

My name is Adria, or so it must be now that I have set aside all formal titles, lands, and monies that belonged to myself in my former land.  I must beg your welcome, and pardon for this hastily planned introduction to your royals selves.  Unforeseen circumstances have led to my need to remove myself from my former home and I had not the foresight to write and beg sanctuary from this land of light and knowledge until I was already at your very gates.  I do so now, in the hope that in your wisdom you will grant succor to a lady in need.  

My recent past is not one that I wish to dwell to deply on.  I have lost many things, and many people that I had held dear.  But as I am coming to you in the hope of aid, I feel it is my duty to explain my sudden departure from my home.

Vaelara, my former country, was once a place of refuge and contentment for me.  Echelle, its captial, had been my home since my infancy.  A place of white, crystal beauty, Echelle was where I attened schooling at the most pretegiouse of Universities, and where I met Malik, my first love.  

As much as I would like to tell of a happy ending, this letter to your Majesty clearly proves otherwise.  It is of no importance why what conspired happened, only that it did.  More detail I do not wish to pile upon you, only that Malik and myself were insepreatble, but our parents did not approve.  His because I was thought to low, and mine because it was feared that a dark family secret would be brought to light.  We, young and foolish as we were, disobayed our parents wishes.  He lost his inheritance, and I lost the protection of my family.  We were neither of us prepared for what followed.  Upon our wedding day, my terrible secret came to light.  I do not know who informed the Knights, and I do not want to for fear that it may have been someone that i dearly loved, but before the vows could be spoken an unkown Knight revealed to the room my real parantage.  I am, as you would say, born on the wrong side of the bed.  And in Vaelare to claim a title, were one is not rightfully given of birth, is a mortal offense.  I was to be arrested, so i ran.

May be later, if welcome is given i could go further into my sad tale.  But for now i just request a place to lay my head, and a job in which to lay my hand.  I am not skilled with much, but i am willing to learn anything that your Majesty would think fit.  Thank you, most humbly for your time.

your humble servant

Adria

"Look, would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?"
KathyS
0 Kudos

JdiennoPSU,

Yes, those magic cupcakes are for the strong of constitution.  I am sure Lady TiggerBear did not wish you harm, as it is of her nature to be kind.  I am also sure she just wanted to please you.

Do not be nervous or afraid in this Kingdom.  What is there to be afraid of?  Duchess Kayla did have to contend with Godzilla, but it all worked out in the end.  Most monsters, or witches, or spookies, gremlins, usually change their ways, once they come to our realm and find only peace, kindness, and a relatively goodly amount of good humor.  You just have to watch out for the bridge trolls....they will tickle your toes when walking over their bridges.  There are a number mischief makers, too....you learn to deal with them in your own ways...and we support each other in any way we can.

Can you tell us a little about yourself?  Where is your native home, and what would you like us to call you. I do not understand your moniker.... It is difficult to know if we are talking to male or female, at times... :smileyhappy:  I assume female, mainly because they are the majority in these realms.  What is PSU?  Are you still in school?

Because King Ryan is not here at this time, I believe he is out in the forest with Mickey and Goofy, our local woodcutters, picking out a tree to decorate for this months festival of the trees....Maypole dancing is quite popular this time of year, therefore, I would like you to select a holding of your own.  Call it whatever you wish.  Everyone has their own realm, but all also have rooms here in the castle.  You may show us pictures of your realm, and we will also decorate you rooms to your likeing, here.  This will all go up in the Gallery of Who's Who in the Kingdom.  We are getting behind in our announcements, so I would like to officially as everyone to make you welcome....again.

May wine is now ready to be served in the Solarium, if you would like to join us?  It is casul dress, and we speak in our native tongues.  Kick back, and chat.

Queen Mother

Kathy

Duchy of Highland Palms 

JdiennoPSU wrote:

My dearest Queen and people of Wordsmithonia,

I am sorry it has taken me so long to come back to your beautiful kingdom.  Those magic cupcakes Tiggerbear fed me sure made me loopy and soon after waking up here I hid in the greenest Forrest I have ever seen.  Though I am still nervous of all of you I have decided that I will trust that you do not hurt me like your queenship stated previously.  As you can see I have recently stumbled onto the profession inspired wordsmith which is incredible as I have only reached of age in my land in March of this year.  Thank you for your offer of staying in your kingdom, I have decided that my world no longer needs me or I would not have stumbled into this realm.  If you still wish it, I would like to make your land mine as well and become one of your loyal subjects.  I wish I could meet your son at this time as well but alas that must wait.

Yours very truly,

JdiennoPSU

KathyS
0 Kudos

Welcome to our Kingdom of Wordsmithonia, Lady Adria.   What a nice surprise!   Yes, I will give upon you the title, as you well deserve to be a Lady.  Women who come to this realm, all are Ladies.  Or if they were not in their past life, they will in their new life here.  I am sorry to hear of your situations at your home.  Whatever we can do for you, or however we can make you comfortable, please let us know.  We will help you in any way we can.

I grant you not just asylum, but a place to stay as long as you wish.  You are free to come and go as you please, and take part in any or all of our gatherings.  The more the merrier, as Lady Tiggerbear always says!  She is a wonderful party planner, too!

This is a special time of year, as you may have noticed.  We are gathering around the Maypoles each day, to sing and dance, and partake of the May wine, which is a tradition with which we love to share with everyone.  In the evenings we will drink more May wine, and share the delights of food, in which all can name what they would like our chefs to prepare.  We do eat and drink more than most, and celebrate even the most insignificant days.  Every day is a day to be joyous, and thankful.  Unfortunately, I have been cursed with a black mood potion,  and during those times, I am sometimes forced to stay in my rooms in my castle.  

Our castle is not crystal, but if you find a holding near here, within ours that suits you, we will send our builders to you, and they will construct what ever you wish.  Your wish is our command. 

Feel free to go to your rooms, or walk about, as long as it is light.  Burgess, our butler, will show you around.  Then  join us soon in the Solarium for a wonderful glass of our May wine.  If you have never drunk this wine, you will be pleasantly surprised at the sweetness, and lightness of it, accompanied by the infamous bubbles from the gods!  They will tickle your nose!  We will also be serving nachos tonight, in preparation for the Cinco De Mayo party on Wednesday.  I will be out of the Kingdom on that day, so I do not know how much I will be able to take part.  You all will be left to your own management.  Having fun, I am sure!

Yours,

Queen Mother

Kathy

Duchy of Highland Palms

KathyS
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Dear Lady TiggerBear,

You have done more than I could have wished, more than I could hope for.  Your services here have been of great value, and I wish there were something that I could do to repay you.  My black mood is gone, at this time.  A day away, worked wonders for my muddled thinking.  I hope I have not put a burden upon you, with my requests.

I am happy to see we have new people coming into the realm today!  What a joy this is!  I would love for you and everyone to welcome them, and show them around if they wish to see further.  I will be in the Solarium this evening, having a small glass of May wine, and then I must retire early.  My sleep is most necessary at this time.  Thank you, again!

Yours,

QM Kathy

Inspired Scribe
_mOonSeeKer_
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome new member, Moon!

crzynwrd4lf wrote:

Moon,

Welcome to Wordsmithonia! I am Duchess Kayla of Tamul and I have just acquired Godzilla as a new companion. He's getting along nicely though he has his temper at times that I'm addressing and hopefully soon you'll come over for tea and meet him. He is quite sweet and expressive once you get to know him! I know it's overwhelming stepping into this realm as I have only been living here a few short weeks but everyone is very nice and helpful and if you have any questions at all feel free to ask anyone for help.

Language maybe hard for you but do the best you can and don't worry about the length of your letters as any correspondence is most welcome. I spend much of my time exploring the forests and gardens here dicovering and conversing with the different creatures and if you would like to join me in my explorations I'm sure there would be many stories to share with the others! Again, Welcome Moon!

Duchess Kayla

Duchess Kayla,

Thank you for introducing yourself to me and explaining some (if not all) things about this beautiful kingdom of wordsdmithonia. It's a great honor to be a part of all this. 

Yes, I would like to take part in writing stories here. I have been reading some of them and trying to catch up.

Again thank you! 

-Moon

http://whisperinglostwords.blogspot.com
dulcinea3
0 Kudos

A Gracious Welcome to our new Inhabitants, Lady Moonbeam, Lady Adria, and (Lord? Lady?) JJ!  I am Dame Dulcinea, Grand-Dame of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, and Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia.  You are Welcome to explore my Grounds, except for the Island of Flying Monkeys.  The Monkeys are very Wild and Dangerous, and few who venture to their Isle are ever Seen Again!

Lady Adria, I think that you will Especially enjoy my Crystal Castle of Fantasia, coming from a Crystal Kingdom, yourself.  I hope that your Prince Malik remains True to you, and someday will find you in Wordsmithonia.

I generally reside at Fantasia, while my friend the Cowardly Lion attends to the Administration of Oz.  I will Inform him that there are New Denizens of Wordsmithonia who may be Wandering the Grounds.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
Frequent Contributor
largerthanlife
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Dame Dulcinea,

I must say that your Crystal Castle is beyond beautiful and i do look forward to stoping by and wandering those crystal halls.  Perhaps there may be a library or two that i can explore, since most of my previous library was lost along with the rest of my belongings.

I have to admit that my next stop was a quick picnic on the Island of Flying Monkeys, so i am grateful for your advise to avoid it (at least until i can negotiate a short peace with them so as i can perhaps explore their mysterious home.  I have a few banana-cream brownie recipes that would certainly serve as a temptation).  Until then i will perhaps stick to the grounds around my current lodging (a little cottage overlooking a giggling brook) or maybe a quick trip into the woods.  I have been hearing some rather odd noises coming from there at night, and i must admit that i am dying to know what it is that is making that noise.

Once again, thank you.  I have been settling in quite nicely and i have to admit that even though i greatly miss my home, and dearly long for Malik, i have found Wordsmithonia even more wonderful than i could have thought.  I have some letters to write now (hopefully my family will be able to recieve them) and i think i will take a PB&J sandwich out to the giggling brook and listen to its charming laughter while i write.  It certianly cheers me up most of the time.

Yours in Graditude,

Lady Adria

"Look, would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?"
Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

Dear Queen and people of Wordsmithonia,

Hello, I am Lady Alexis. I am terribly sorry for not finding this wonder Kingdom of Wordsmithonia any sooner. I see it is a magnificent land and I am enjoying myself quit nicely. The forests and gardens are just wonderful to behold, and the animals that live with in it, as well. I also welcome anyone that comes across this land in the near future. Good-day ladies and gentlemen and I bid you a doo.

~Alexis

Blog: http://booklover-bookchicks.blogspot.com/
KathyS
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome new member, Lady Alexis!

My dear Lady Alexis,

I must welcome you to our humble realm of Wordsmithonia.  I am happy to hear that you have made yourself comfortable, and finding your way around the Kingdom.  It can be quite daunting, at first, but you will soon find many people and creatures to see to your needs.  Get to know the other members, make friends, and if you see something that takes your fancy, partake as the spirit moves you. 

We are an adventure land, where everything is up to you to enjoy.  Read, write....dream....discuss the weather if you feel you want to do that.  The Solarium is a place that we can take our shoes off, sit in an easy chair....plan for whatever you wish.  We can speak freely there.  Have a drink of your choice, or something to eat.  Burgess, our butler is at your service!  You can tell us a little about yourself, if you wish.  It's always nice to hear where someone is from, and what they do in their "real" life...but, most of all, this is your realm, and we want you to enjoy it!

Yours,

Queen Mother

Kathy

Duchy of Highland Palms

dulcinea3
0 Kudos

Welcome, Lady Alexis!

Lady Adria, you are Welcome to use my Library whenever you like.  It is Well Stocked, especially with Mysteries and Classics.  If I am not there, my Talking Cats, Romeo, Khan, and Salem, will be Happy to Assist you.  Morris also lives with me, but He does not Talk.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Dear Dame Dulcinea,

Thank you so much Dame Dulcinea. I am gladly appreciated and am finding your library very interesting and your cats are very nice.

Blog: http://booklover-bookchicks.blogspot.com/
Ryan_G

To All of Wordsmithonia,

I do so humbly apologize to everyone for my extended absecnse.  I'm not even sure what I can say about it.  Melvin found me roaming around the 8th level of the dungeon, where it seems he had been looking for me for weeks.  I don't have any sort of memory of the time spent down there.  The last thing I do remember is seeking the mysterious amphibian creature once again.......then nothing.

I would like to welcome all the new nobles to our court and kingdom and the first chance I get will be finding just the right fit for them.  Royal painters have all ready been sent to each of you to have your offical portrait done.

i'm off to bathe and eat, since I'm not sure when the last time I did either was.

By My Own Hand,

King Ryan the Bibliophile of Wordsmithonia

"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
Inspired Scribe
_mOonSeeKer_

Greetings!

Like King Ryan, I would like to apologize too for being gone for so long. I have been so busy these days exploring our wonderful kingdom. And I had come back to tell you that it had been a great experience.

Your humble servant,

Lady Moonbeam

http://whisperinglostwords.blogspot.com
Correspondent
Book_Girl14
0 Kudos

*curtsy*  Your Highnesses and lords and ladies of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia. I have traveled a very long distance of mountains and valleys to come to your lovely Kingdom. I have heard many wonderful thing about it and am happy to be here. I must say your extensive grounds are the most impressive. Everything is so beautiful here, your rose gardens call ever so sweetly to me. I do hope I can stay here for a long while. In my carriage of which I have arrived in is filled with books from my travels around the world, in fact we had to take out the seats so they can all fit. Yes I am sitting on books. My driver and footman would like to stay with the carriage and my two gray mares in your stables if that is alright. I will roam the grounds as I wait for your word.

~Lady Annemarie

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Book_Girl14 wrote:

*curtsy*  Your Highnesses and lords and ladies of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia. I have traveled a very long distance of mountains and valleys to come to your lovely Kingdom. I have heard many wonderful thing about it and am happy to be here. I must say your extensive grounds are the most impressive. Everything is so beautiful here, your rose gardens call ever so sweetly to me. I do hope I can stay here for a long while. In my carriage of which I have arrived in is filled with books from my travels around the world, in fact we had to take out the seats so they can all fit. Yes I am sitting on books. My driver and footman would like to stay with the carriage and my two gray mares in your stables if that is alright. I will roam the grounds as I wait for your word.

~Lady Annemarie

Hello I'm Lady TiggerBear,

Bring yourself over to my castle. Me, the Trolls, and a few Feline friends are having a late BBQ. Plenty of Burgers and Sausages to be eaten. You are most welcome.