Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Correspondent
Book_Girl14
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to Wordsmithonia

TiggerBear wrote:

Hello I'm Lady TiggerBear,

Bring yourself over to my castle. Me, the Trolls, and a few Feline friends are having a late BBQ. Plenty of Burgers and Sausages to be eaten. You are most welcome.

Hello Lady TiggerBear,

I would be delighted to come to your BBQ!! Thank you for your generous invitation!

Inspired Scribe
_mOonSeeKer_
0 Kudos

Greetings!

I just wanted to drop by and "HI, I"M BACK!". I've been gone for a long time and I missed you all. Hope to talk to you soon!

-Moonbeam

http://whisperinglostwords.blogspot.com
Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
0 Kudos

Hi Moonbeam!  I noticed you've been gone from the boards,

_mOonSeeKer_ wrote:

Greetings!

I just wanted to drop by and "HI, I"M BACK!". I've been gone for a long time and I missed you all. Hope to talk to you soon!

-Moonbeam

and I've missed you, too!  I've just been hanging out on the writing board....What have you been up to?

K.

Reader
kairinia
0 Kudos

Re: Thank you, Princess Deb

wow i thought u guys were gonna b talking about definitions ( my dictionary is one of my favorite books ) but u r very talented and yes plumbing trolls would b magnificent !!!!!

KathyS
0 Kudos

Welcome to Wordsmithonia, Princes Rose of Rosegardenland

[ Edited ]

Let us all welcome Princess Rose, of Rosegardenland!  Our newest member to take residency within the walls of The Kingdom of Wordsmithonia.  She will tell us her story of her travels - what lead her to reside with us, and what her wishes and desires might be, while she is here in the Kingdom.

Our new building staff, and designers, are now working on a new cottage near the castle, and the official rose garden, where all will be the pertinent residence of Princess Rose.  If she has pets, we will make provisions for them to live peacefully amongst our many creatures.

Her special duties, if she so chooses,  will be to assist Papa Smurf, picking and arranging the flowers for the rooms in the castle, and for all special flower arrangements during our celebrations.  She appears to have a nose for a rose!  While her cottage is being built (picture soon to come), she will reside in the south wing, near my quarters, where the sun is always shining, and the rose garden can be seen from her window. 

Make yourself comfortable, Princess Rose.  If you have any questions, please ask.  We are here to help you get settled in your new surroundings. 

I

I see you have already found the delicate fragrance of our Cecile Brunner!   Wonderful!

Your Queen Mother,

Kathy S., Duchy of Highland Palms

Ryan_G

Re: Welcome to Wordsmithonia, Princes Rose of Rosegardenland

Princess Rose,

As a token of our appreciation for joining us in our humble Kingdom I would like to offer you this Blue Jeweled Keepsake Box which you can store your Key to the Kingdom in.

"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
KathyS
0 Kudos

Princes Rose of Rosegardenland - Her Cottage is complete!

My dear Princess Rose,

I hope this cottage is to your liking?  I had the designers incorporate a great number of windows, just so you could see all of the rose gardens, adjacent to the castle grounds. We've set tea for you in the back garden by your pool, your very own Pink Rose Garden.

Your keys are awaiting you, within the beautiful box that my son, King Ryan, has given you.  Enjoy your stay!

Yours,

Queen Mother 

Kathy

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Re: Princes Rose of Rosegardenland - Her Cottage is complete!

KathyS wrote:

My dear Princess Rose,

I hope this cottage is to your liking?  I had the designers incorporate a great number of windows, just so you could see all of the rose gardens, adjacent to the castle grounds. We've set tea for you in the back garden by your pool, your very own Pink Rose Garden.

Your keys are awaiting you, within the beautiful box that my son, King Ryan, has given you.  Enjoy your stay!

Yours,

Queen Mother 

Kathy

Oh and if you're wondering why the pipes play music when you flush. I asked the Trolls to do a special job on your pluming, to welcome you. I do apologize if the tunes seam a tad silly, my troll friends do have the oddest sense of humor.

KathyS
0 Kudos

TiggerBear wrote:

Oh and if you're wondering why the pipes play music when you flush. I asked the Trolls to do a special job on your pluming, to welcome you. I do apologize if the tunes seam a tad silly, my troll friends do have the oddest sense of humor.

And, Lady TiggerBear, just what songs did these little mischief makers put into the plumping, this time?!!!!  You know it is getting close to Halloween, and you do realize this might not have been such a good idea to let them have free reign?

It is a wonder that we keep our residents at all,  after last years fiasco with these tunes, as the plumbing is flushed!

http://www.theholidayspot.com/halloween/graphics/halnight.mid

http://www.theholidayspot.com/halloween/graphics/slurp.wav

http://www.theholidayspot.com/halloween/graphics/scream2.wav

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

KathyS wrote:

TiggerBear wrote:

And, Lady TiggerBear, just what songs did these little mischief makers put into the plumping, this time?!!!!  You know it is getting close to Halloween, and you do realize this might not have been such a good idea to let them have free reign?

It is a wonder that we keep our residents at all,  after last years fiasco with these tunes, as the plumbing is flushed!

http://www.theholidayspot.com/halloween/graphics/halnight.mid

http://www.theholidayspot.com/halloween/graphics/slurp.wav

http://www.theholidayspot.com/halloween/graphics/scream2.wav

Well in testing them, not of a scary sort. More of I think my Troll friends humor is stuck at ummm 3rd grade boy humor. One test flush played "beans beans the musical fruit", another hummed something a kin to the old roto-ruter jingle.

dulcinea3
0 Kudos

Welcome, Princess Rose!!!

I am Grand Duchess Dulcinea, and have been living here in Wordsmithonia since our dear King Ryan first took the throne.  I live with several enchanted cats, and a few normal pets, as well.  I found Romeo and Khan, ancient talking cats, in a hidden room in the castle dungeons, and then after the coup in Catatonia, Salem joined us - he also talks and knows about spells, as well as Morris, who is just a regular cat; at that time, the Cowardly Lion also joined me and is my representative in keeping order in my kingdom of Oz, as I usually stay in my crystal palace in my realm of Fantasia.  I also have a baby seal, Fuzzy, that King Ryan gave me for my birthday a year or two ago.

Roses are one of my favorite flowers, so I am looking forward to the expert care and ideas that you will bring to our gardens of Wordsmithonia!

When's the welcoming tea party, Tigger?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Princes Rose of Rosegardenland - High Tea at Lady TiggerBear's

Attention every one the high tea to welcome the dear Princes Rose of Rosegardenland will be served at twilight in my back grotto garden. All members of Wordsmithonia are invited, though a gentle reminder that lady manners are expected to at least be attempted.

Illumination fireflies and faery lights. Music provided by the Undine Brookmore and her sisters. Since I invited Brookmore to inhabit my grotto's wellspring I have no more trouble with the random frog prince invitations. And listening to the three of them all summer practice. I can attest to the sweetness of their music, it's quite lovely.

We'll have 3 types of tea served, a ginger peach herbal, red bush tea, and a fragrant Darjeeling. Sandwiches served will be roasted red pepper in cream cheese, london broil with arugula, curry chicken with pecans and apples, cashew butter, smoked turkey with creamy swiss, double cream cheese and butter pickles, and shellfish mouse.

Please come eat and drink your fill, enjoy a early warm fall twilight, and meet the fair Princess Rose.

Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Re: Princes Rose of Rosegardenland - High Tea at Lady TiggerBear's

My Dear Lady Tigger,

It has come to my attention that at your little soiree tonight, that Lady Manners are supposed to be followed.  My concern is that since I look horrendous in a dress and my courtesy is shameful if it would be ok for me to use my Gentleman Manners instead.  I know that this may cause distress to some of our more delicate flowers of soceity but I'm quite certain that it would be the proper thing for me to do.

Please let me know if this would cause undo harm or damage to any of our "dignified" residents.

By My Own Hand,

King Ryan the Bibliophile of Wordsmithonia

Inspired Contributor
rosilynn_grey
0 Kudos

I'm sorry I'm late my PC is having trouble :smileysad:  I am so tickled to see my cottage ! It like stepping into a world I never dreampt of . Yes, I like it quite well and I'm pleased to meet those that have introduced themselves :smileyhappy: I would ne honored to hepl out in the gardens and everyone would get a room of roses as they wish ofcourse. I have brought with me my 3 cats and my dog. I have explained to them that they cannot  harm the creatures. my dog wants to play with the trolls already but the smallest one ( I don't know his name), doesnt like to be licked ! hahaha I think the toilet is verry humorous but kind of scaring at times I didnt realize that it plays different music at different times of the day.

Oh, and thank you for my box Ryan , its beautiful! and the blue is excuisite that is my favorite shade of blue.thank you for the welcoming everyone who has posted and I hope to meet  more of you soon. Again I am sorry for my lateness . I can't wait to get everything settled in my cottage is so lovely and the southwing was a joy to  stay in :smileyhappy: I shall send vases if possible unless I can find some from the cratures . Thank you again!

Princess Rose of Rosegardenland

Christina
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Ryan_G wrote:

My Dear Lady Tigger,

It has come to my attention that at your little soiree tonight, that Lady Manners are supposed to be followed.  My concern is that since I look horrendous in a dress and my courtesy is shameful if it would be ok for me to use my Gentleman Manners instead.  I know that this may cause distress to some of our more delicate flowers of soceity but I'm quite certain that it would be the proper thing for me to do.

Please let me know if this would cause undo harm or damage to any of our "dignified" residents.

By My Own Hand,

Oh dear I feel I have been misunderstood. By lady manners; ah pinky sticky out, napkins, soft talking.... not dress' but one best behavior.

Sorry my King, but I'm sure you would be cute in a kilt. :smileywink::smileytongue:

Come as you are. :smileyvery-happy:

dulcinea3

Lady Tigger, your high tea last night was wonderful!  The tea was delicious, as were all the variety of little sandwiches!  And the pastries and cakes were exquisite!

Your grotto was decorated in such a lovely manner - Papa Smurf really outdid himself!

It was such a pleasure to stroll leisurely along such lovely pathways, with the fragrance of roses everywhere!  And thank you for the party favors, which we can hang on our doors in honor of our new Princess Rose!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
KathyS

Dame Dulcinea,

Thank you for showing us your pictures of the evening's landscape - absolutely breathe taking!

As evening approached, the fairy lights came on!  I could not take my eyes off of them. A wonderful touch to the festivities!  Lady TiggerBear, you outdid herself!

Inspired Contributor
rosilynn_grey
0 Kudos

Lady Tiggerbear, although I was late, I was able to sample the sandwhiches as well as the tea. may I say so myself, it was a delight!  Oh and Ryan, don't wear a dresss! hehehe :smileyhappy:

Christina
Ryan_G

To All of the Realm,

Due to the unforseen consequences of last nights little get together that the lovely Lady Tigger put todether last night, I'm afraid that I have a few Royal Decrees to utter forth.

1.  It is here by commanded that the wearing of blue and purple kilts by anyone other than the royal family be disallowed.  My royal dignity can not stand for someone to look better in a kilt that I do.  The young Noble last night, while looking quite fetching, stood out in the crowd and my kilt was hardly noticed.  Since my ego can not tolerate such a slight, the color purple will be set aside for me, but only when it comes to kilts.  For those of you who may have been to "far gone" last night to remember the young man I was talking about, I will share the picture I took for the sole purpose of evidence.

2.  Please pay strict attention to Royal Decree Number 1.  It is very important that this be followed in a dilligent manner.

3.  Refer to Royal Decree Number 2.

4.  If anyone knows the name of that young Noble, as he was unfamiliar to me, please let me know so that the proper steps can be taken.

5.  Rhubarb pie is now the offical pie of Wordsmithonia.  Cooky Carrott Top did such a wonderful job with it that I feel I can no longer make our fair citizens suffer for the lack of rhubarb pie.  You may be allowed a few strawberries in it if you wish, but realize it won't be the same.

6.  In recogniztion of such a wonderful party I am hereby appointing Lady Tigger as a Knight in the Martha Stewart Order of the Perfectioness Hostesses.

By My Own Hand,

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Ryan_G wrote:

To All of the Realm,

Due to the unforseen consequences of last nights little get together that the lovely Lady Tigger put todether last night, I'm afraid that I have a few Royal Decrees to utter forth.

1.  It is here by commanded that the wearing of blue and purple kilts by anyone other than the royal family be disallowed.  My royal dignity can not stand for someone to look better in a kilt that I do.  The young Noble last night, while looking quite fetching, stood out in the crowd and my kilt was hardly noticed.  Since my ego can not tolerate such a slight, the color purple will be set aside for me, but only when it comes to kilts.  For those of you who may have been to "far gone" last night to remember the young man I was talking about, I will share the picture I took for the sole purpose of evidence.

2.  Please pay strict attention to Royal Decree Number 1.  It is very important that this be followed in a dilligent manner.

3.  Refer to Royal Decree Number 2.

4.  If anyone knows the name of that young Noble, as he was unfamiliar to me, please let me know so that the proper steps can be taken.

5.  Rhubarb pie is now the offical pie of Wordsmithonia.  Cooky Carrott Top did such a wonderful job with it that I feel I can no longer make our fair citizens suffer for the lack of rhubarb pie.  You may be allowed a few strawberries in it if you wish, but realize it won't be the same.

6.  In recogniztion of such a wonderful party I am hereby appointing Lady Tigger as a Knight in the Martha Stewart Order of the Perfectioness Hostesses.

By My Own Hand,

My King I am touched and honored by the bestowed Knighthood, I humbly accept. :smileyvery-happy:

Though I I beg leave to mention my dear liege you looked much more hansom in your purple, silver, and gold kilt.Silver always does set off the color of your eyes.:smileywink:

May I suggest that his color choice was not intentional and a mere accident of his tailor.:smileysad: