Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Contributor
rosilynn_grey
0 Kudos

Re: Princes Rose of Rosegardenland - High Tea at Lady TiggerBear's

King Ryan , I  have found that this man although quite handsome and a swooner, his name is Stephan from WillowHaven Castle. He is quite the flirtacious type. I had to make him aware that I am spoken for in another ralm. He is looking for a queen to rule with and is quite wealthy. Your Highness, you looked handsome as well and I thought your kilt was much more genuine than his and you dance devinely. :smileyhappy: Dont let the swooner get you down.

Princess Rose of Rosegardenland

Christina
Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

rosilynn_grey wrote:

Lady Tiggerbear, although I was late, I was able to sample the sandwhiches as well as the tea. may I say so myself, it was a delight!  Oh and Ryan, don't wear a dresss! hehehe :smileyhappy:

Well did you enjoy your party?

You'll find is impossible to be late to one's own party, so you needn't worry.

Inspired Contributor
rosilynn_grey
0 Kudos

Yes Indeed! Thankyou :smileyhappy:  just wondering, may I add you tiggerbear as a friend?

Christina
Inspired Contributor
rosilynn_grey
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I havent had this much fun in a longtime. I'm a homemaker in real life and I came here to share interests with other who enjoy fantasy and like to excape from normal everday real life. I loved to write years ago and maybe someday I can start again like I used to. :smileyhappy:

Christina
Inspired Contributor
rosilynn_grey
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Goodnight everyone in the kingdom, I must retire for the night. I bid you sweet dreams and pleasant thoughts :smileyhappy:

Christina
Ryan_G

Lady Tigger's Knighthood

Lady Tigger,

I'm sure Martha Stewart will be thrilled by your acceptance in her order.  It's a ancient order predating the rise of the Trollies and I'm sure you will fit right in with them.  I was asked to give you your vestments for the induction ceremony.  There are three sets that you will need to wear at different points of the ceremony.

The first set you will be give a choice between two different outfits, both of which comes with instructions.  They are to be worn during the Ceremony Of The Whisk.

The second outfit you will be required to wear will be during the Ceremony Of The Martini.  Pleae bear in mind that every attempt to keep this soft armor clean during the ceremony must be taken.

The third and finally garment to be worn during the ceremony is only used for the Ceremony Of The Kitchen War.  It's a mini battle used to show off your fighting skills to your fellow knights.

I know you will be amongst the greatest knights of the realm once you are offically inducted.  Once you have passed all the neccessary formalitites you will be a full knight of the order.  As such you will be present with the symbols of office.

The Mixing Bowls of St. Julia

The Martini Glasses of St. Issac

The Dirk of St. Ray

By My Own Hand,

King Ryan the Bibliophile of Wordsmtihonia

"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Princess Rose,

I'm overjoyed to know that you are liking your stay in our kingdom.  Once you have rested and are ready to take on the day feel free to wander around and explore to your hearts content.  If you puruse the Glossary you will find many interesting references to sites and people living in our fair land. 

I would also like to extend a welcome to the Royal Palace.  Every noble within our kingdom has a suite of rooms ready to be decorated by the wonderfully gifted Julia Sugarbaker.  Feel free to consult with her and she will have your rooms prepared per your instrucitons.  For inspiration I'm sure Lady Melissa would show you around her suite.  It has a lovely waterwall and access for her dragon to come and go as she pleases.  If you have any questions the staff will assist you.  Burges who is our main Butler knows that you may be dropping in.

Feel free to explore the Victory Garden and the Hedge Maze erected for all of our amusements.  Please know that their are residents living within the maze and while Woody Woodpecker, Chilly Willy, and their friends are wonderful conversationalists, you are in their home.  Please don't trample on or take anything out of the maze as it may belong to one of them.

Other than that, have fun and let us know if you have any questions.

By My Own Hand,

King Ryan the Bibliophile of Wordsmithonia

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

rosilynn_grey wrote:

Yes Indeed! Thankyou :smileyhappy:  just wondering, may I add you tiggerbear as a friend?

Of course you may. :smileyvery-happy:

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Re: Lady Tigger's Knighthood

Ryan_G wrote:

Lady Tigger,

I'm sure Martha Stewart will be thrilled by your acceptance in her order.  It's a ancient order predating the rise of the Trollies and I'm sure you will fit right in with them.  I was asked to give you your vestments for the induction ceremony.  There are three sets that you will need to wear at different points of the ceremony.

The first set you will be give a choice between two different outfits, both of which comes with instructions.  They are to be worn during the Ceremony Of The Whisk.

The second outfit you will be required to wear will be during the Ceremony Of The Martini.  Pleae bear in mind that every attempt to keep this soft armor clean during the ceremony must be taken.

The third and finally garment to be worn during the ceremony is only used for the Ceremony Of The Kitchen War.  It's a mini battle used to show off your fighting skills to your fellow knights.

I know you will be amongst the greatest knights of the realm once you are offically inducted.  Once you have passed all the neccessary formalitites you will be a full knight of the order.  As such you will be present with the symbols of office.

The Mixing Bowls of St. Julia

The Martini Glasses of St. Issac

The Dirk of St. Ray

By My Own Hand,

King Ryan the Bibliophile of Wordsmtihonia

The chef's togs most definitely, I worn them before. Though of a lesser quality.

Must be careful to remember I'm only sparring during the Ceremony of The Kitchen War. I've seen woodcuts of the original battle, quite fierce!:smileysurprised:

dulcinea3
0 Kudos

rosilynn_grey wrote:

King Ryan , I  have found that this man although quite handsome and a swooner, his name is Stephan from WillowHaven Castle. He is quite the flirtacious type. I had to make him aware that I am spoken for in another ralm. He is looking for a queen to rule with and is quite wealthy. Your Highness, you looked handsome as well and I thought your kilt was much more genuine than his and you dance devinely. :smileyhappy: Dont let the swooner get you down.

Dear King Ryan,

May I suggest that you take this young man into your personal custody as soon as possible - you remember what happened when Lord Legolas entered our Kingdom! :smileywink: We wouldn't want a repeat of all the noblewomen of the realm walking about all moon-eyed and trying underhanded tricks on one another!  Perhaps to avoid this, you should take him into your own royal suite, where nobody else will be able to find him.

Obeisantly yours,

Dame Dulcinea

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
Inspired Contributor
rosilynn_grey
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Dont worry, I am NOT moon-eyed and I have a husband so I wont be flirting with any guy weither they be single or not. Just thought you'd like to know.

Christina
KathyS
0 Kudos

rosilynn_grey wrote:

Don't worry, I am NOT moon-eyed and I have a husband so I wont be flirting with any guy whether they be single or not. Just thought you'd like to know.

Princes Rose, we are talking "characters", here...not real life.  You can do, act, say, or be, anything your heart desires.   If you want to swoon over this guy, go for it!  I won't advise you just how far you can go, or not go, in your character!  :smileyvery-happy:  It's all make-believe, so make up whatever..... If you're character has a husband....I'm not sure how we are going to interact with him....unless you drag him out of hiding!  Ha! 

I personally think the guy in the kilt was enough to drool over....whether I'm married or not!

Respectfully,

QM Kathy

Inspired Contributor
rosilynn_grey
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I know its all fantasy and I meant it in a nice way.  I appologize if it sounded harsh. Yes, He is good -looking I agree :smileywink:

I hope you are doing well. well, my real husband isnt online but if I made a clone , I bet he would be :smileyhappy: haha

May you all Have a wonderful night. It's time for me to retire for the night.

Christina
KathyS
0 Kudos

Princess Rose,

Please don't apologize...please, please, please!  You weren't harsh at all...I was just playing with you....Queen Kathy is a sucker for a guy in a kilt!....Recently, she has been living with the Creature from the Black Lagoon,  an affair in the Kingdom, how bad is that!...... but has just now realized he is no catch!  The legs on the guy in the kilt were a lot better looking than the webfooted creatures!  I have a feeling she may be inviting these gorgeous hunk of legs to stay for a while!

Sleep well....It's 4 a.m., here, and I need to go to bed - I've been up rewriting a short story assignment for the writing board.  Come and join us, if you like to write.

QM Kathy

Inspired Contributor
rosilynn_grey
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Oh goodness  Queen Mother Kathy this is funny :smileyhappy: So what exactly does the creature from the black lagoon look like? is he hairy, or slimey. OH I thought Stephan(the man in the kilt) was handsome and yes my mind raced( I think someone put a charm spell on me) , but I turned down the offer to bunk with him. HE is looking for someone .:smileywink:

Have a glorious day! :smileyhappy:

Christina
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

The Man In The Kilt

Dulcinea Wrote

Dear King Ryan,

May I suggest that you take this young man into your personal custody as soon as possible - you remember what happened when Lord Legolas entered our Kingdom! :smileywink: We wouldn't want a repeat of all the noblewomen of the realm walking about all moon-eyed and trying underhanded tricks on one another!  Perhaps to avoid this, you should take him into your own royal suite, where nobody else will be able to find him.

Obeisantly yours,

Dame Dulcinea

My Dear Dame Dulcinea,

I'm so glad that we think in a similiar fashion.  I have just spent a rather interesting few days in my suite and I must say I'm glad I did.  Our young lord is truly entertaining.  I will keep you apprised of any new developments.

By My Own Hand,

King Ryan the Biliophile of Wordsmithonia

Inspired Contributor
avalonpriestess
0 Kudos

Introducion

To the noble King Ryan,

I am a visitor to this realm.  I was passing through and have decided to stay.  

I have had a wonderful time listening to all the residents of Wordsmithonia.

I believe this to be a marvelous place to make a home.  

Donna

KathyS
0 Kudos

Re: Introduction

avalonpriestess wrote:

To the noble King Ryan,

I am a visitor to this realm.  I was passing through and have decided to stay.  

I have had a wonderful time listening to all the residents of Wordsmithonia.

I believe this to be a marvelous place to make a home.  

Donna

My dear, Avalon Priestess, Donna

I welcome you to this realm, with open arms and privileges, to wander about and see what catches your eye, at will.  Please feel free to participate in whatever you wish.  My son, King Ryan, is always about, or away on some foreign mission, some he discloses, some not.  I'm in and out, tending to realm duties, and writing in my room, where I can always be found, if needed.

As the holidays approach, I hope everyone will bring more activity to Wordsmithonia.  Last year we had a wonderful adventure in making ice sculptures, and everything related to snow!  I hope this year we can have such similar adventures.  I know the snow bunnies are eager, and waiting, and the landscape will change quite drastically as winter arrives.

Please sit, if you wish, in the Solarium (our library, community room) and have some tea, or what ever your beverage of choice.  Look out of the grand windows, see what is taking place around you, or visit with us, or simply read a book of choice.  Our butler, Burgess, will bring you your heart's desire....just ring.....this is a large realm, and it took quite a while to design and build.  If you have any questions, or suggestions, please feel free to talk with us.  We are always open to new ideas.  The idea is to just have fun.

Yours,

Queen Mother, Kathy

Duchy of Highland Palms

Wordsmith
Sarah3973

Re: Welcome to Wordsmithonia

Greetings King Ryan, Dowager Queen Kathy, & Princess Deb of Wordsmithonia,

My name is Sarah of the Suzannahs, a former Princess from the Land of Lilies.  My Tracking Hounds, Snozzlebottoms and Bigglesworth, and I bring word of grave news from the Outer World:

My husband and I, while on royal assignment, allowed a group of young men that we thought were lords from a far off land, respite in our modest cottage in the Borough of Greens located in the Northern Carolinas, near the twin kingdoms of Raleigh and Durham. Unfortunately, after several weeks, it was brought to our attention that the lads were not whom they claimed.  Although we had diligently checked their references, all of which appeared to “check out” as I believe the commoners are now saying; it was confirmed by a Royal Carolinian Master Scribe, that the documents were forgeries.

We quickly packed up The Hounds and raced north on the well-traveled inter-kingdom pathway of the Eighty-Fives to defend our cottage and the secrets of the Land of Lilies hidden in our garden, which had been magicked with protective spells by a friendly Earth Faerie. Alas, when we arrived, our former home was in ruins and our friend the Earth Faerie had been murdered, rendering her strong protection spells useless.

Now King Ryan, I must ask that you brace yourself, as what I shall tell you next may devastate you.  Upon further investigation by Snozzlebottoms and Bigglesworth, due to their superior olfactory senses, it was determined that the supposed “lords” were in fact members of the dreaded Order of…CLOWN.  Unfortunately before our Hounds could send word to your Army’s trackers, a Clown appeared out of nowhere and infected my brave boys with a serious case of Scoobicus Doobicus.  My dogs were instantly transformed from fearless trackers to cowering pups with raging appetites.  The Clown vanished before either my husband or I could retaliate yelling about Emmett Kelly’s imminent return

Sir Harv, my brave husband, immediately leapt to action.  As a knight of the Third Order of Douglas, he is well-trained in anti-Clown tactics and combat.  Knowing our proximity to one of the magical entrances to Wordsmithonia and the dire consequences that would undoubtedly occur if the Clowns were able to gain access to your kingdom, he assembled a team of fellow knights and those armed in the art of the magicks.  They quickly took their leave to track the Clowns, intent on capturing them and locking them in one of the Seven Secret Dungeons hidden in each of the Seven Seas.  If this could be done, countless Wordsmithonians would be saved from developing CoulrophobiaShortly thereafter, I received word via messenger owl that they have tracked the clowns to a magicked field and have been waylaid by a series of battles taking place between a clan of Giants from the Northern Californias and a band of Rangers from the Land of Texas.  Hopefully they will make it past this grave danger and find their way back to the trail of the Clowns with haste.

With my husband tracking the Clowns, it was left to me to tend to my Scoobicus Doobicus suffering dogs and get word to you.  With my Snozzie and Big’ns, as we call them, rendered all but useless, it would be impossible to find the magical entrance to Wordsmithonia.   Luckily, I remembered that the Duke of Marma was currently visiting the First Dog in the District of Columbia!  If we hurried, we could make it by nightfall. 

Thankfully, the Duke of Marma and the First Dog graciously ushered us into the House of White and were able to mostly cure the Hounds, although I must admit, they are still suffering from raging appetites and are acting quite a bit more goofy than usual.  Luckily First Dog was able to teach me the Rub of Bellies and has assured me that with thrice daily application coupled with a magical mixture called Scoobicus Snackicus, they should be just fine by week’s end. 

After a good rub of the belly for each dog and a bit of the Snackicus, The Duke and Firsty showed us the way to the local enchanted entrance to Wordsmithonia.  We made hasty goodbyes and went through the entryway, which led us to the far side of the Hundred Acres Forest.  It was here that we hid for two days time to ensure no Clowns had followed us.  However, Sir Harv had struck a bargain with a swarm of angry Red Dragons; if any Clown had managed to follow, he would have been met by a swarm of the angry dragons who had agreed to answer my call of help, but only if I was in dire need. 

Once deemed safe enough to make our presence known to you, we took leave of our hiding place and headed directly to your castle with the hopes of one of your guardsmen bringing you this very message.  If you are reading it now, I would like to offer the service of my Hounds and suggest that they be given direct access to your army’s Tracking Hounds so that they may communicate any pertinent knowledge.

There is one more thing…if I may be so bold, I would be ever so grateful if you could see it in your heart to grant us permission to live in your kingdom while we wait for my husband to capture the Clowns.  With the Land of Lilies at war and our cottage in the Borough of Greens destroyed, we have nowhere to go and have lost everything but the ragged clothes on my back.  Fearing you may be cautious to grant such a wish to a stranger, I have also included letters of reference from the Kings and Queens or Narnia, Ozma the 16th from the Royal Order of Ozmas, and The Duke of Marma himself.  Your Royal Scribes should be able to confirm their authenticity with a quickness.

The Tracking Hounds and I patiently await your word outside the castle walls.

Regards,

Sarah of the Suzannahs, former Princess of the Land of Lilies

Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book. ~Author Unknown
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Re: Introduction

Donna, Priestess of Avalon,

My mother recently notified me of your wish to take up residence in our humble kingdom.  I wanted to drop you a quick line of welcome to you and that we are blessed by your presence.  We have heard wonderful things about Avalon but have never had the opportunity to visit.  I'm looking forward to our future conversations as you regale us with tales of your homeland.

I have informed Burges to help you find appropriate accomdations either in the royal palace or a dwelling of your own.  Just let him know of your needs and I know he will find the perfect lodging.

In the mean time feel free to explore our kingdom and if you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to share them.

By My Own Hand,

King Ryan the Bibliophile of Wordsmithonia