Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Bibliophile
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to Wordsmithonia

My Dear Dannia Kays,

I am most please that you have chosen to visit our kingdom and wish to remain and enjoy all that we have to offer.  As far as the business of the young man in the purple kilt, we will have to have a discussion about that at a later time.  I have already tired of him as I found him to not be all that interesting after the "introductions" were taken care of.  I do wish you had chosen a different manner to gain information on us.  That being said, no harm no foul.

Please mingle amongst our court and get to know the other residents of our land.  If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

By My Own Hand,

King Ryan the Bibliophile of Wordsmithonia

"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
*achoo achoo..."dusty"*Cool board but looks like I'm a little late anyfoo. I'm GS for short. I love the outdoors, writing fantasy,and traviling about the woods. I'm 19. I'm writing a book and some day hopefully I can get it published. I normaly hang out in the Writing Room and post short storys but I like to explore other boards now and again.
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Book Sharks: No need to breathe, just read!
Author
Zkullis

Good day and good tidings, oh those that walk in the light above - the fair Kingdom of Wordsmithonia.

I, having scaled the Stygian depths `neath your grand estates, took refuge in your cavernous dungeons.  Your nitre crusted dungeon walls are far more welcoming than my former abode, and for this I give thanks.  The amorphous, all-devouring and loathsome denizens to which I have become accustomed are a far cry from the comely and ravishingly beautiful creatures of your kingdom. 

If I might, from time to time, under cover of the new moon (so as to not foul or taint your grandeur with my subterranean shame) feast upon the wonders of you land, my charry existence would indeed improve.

It is to this end that I make my presence known, and request permission to abide below.

Zack...

Smite the Damned. http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Smite-The-Damned/Zack-Kullis/e/2940012784445 The sequel, Realm Crossing, to be released soon.
Distinguished Wordsmith
Fleetfoot

Fleetfoot, the Murmur:  Merely the name, the title I bear.  Words, riddles, cryptic utterings these are my fare.  With word and deed, a story and a need, an epic I have forged with a lilting, tilting rhyme scheme.  One foot...fleeting.  Two feet...Reaching.  Three feet...bound.  Four feet...leaping.  My words, my riddles, my poems thus they do go...

'Posted: Do not feed the Trolls, not even reindeer flattened fruitcake...Feeding of Trolls will result in gnome revolts, gremlin induced chaos, and other strangeness...' - Darkkin, the Tedious
Darkkin

[ Edited ]

Darkkin, the Lore Weaver is the name I hold.  I speak in verse and tales of olde.  Too many legends, too many threads, where this story ends, not even I have been told.  So I begin at the beginning, where all things first start to grow.  Outward from there will my voice and stories, my legend and lore, spin a shining web.  Of knights and ladies, of hounds and dragons.  Of great many wondrous things...few dare to dream.  So with these words I render a greeting.  Hello to all and a good day, too.

'Of wings and words and dancing milkweed seeds...'

Ryan_G
0 Kudos

I would like to welcome all of the recent arrivals within the bounds of our Kingdom.  You are all more than welcome to make your homes amongst the populace, but please know that we have many strange and wonderful creatures sharing our homes.  Please respect them and treat them as you would the most highly born, as you may not know who you are really dealing with.

I would invite you to mingle and meet as many of our long term residents as you can.  A lot of them are away on travels right now, but rest assured they do pop in every now and then to make see what is currently going on.

Feel free to visit the Library, where there are many refrences to both places and people who you may meet on your travels.

I hope you enjoy your time with us and look forward to getting to know you better after you settle in.

By My Own Hand,

Inspired Correspondent
Camoena

To the Royal Family of Wordsmithonia, and all Citzens and Creatures of this Kingdom:

I, Lady Arielle Camoena, beg an audience and humbly request to be granted citzenship in this Glorious Kingdom.  I hail from the Village of Bronte, from whence I traveled to study at University in Abilenia.  I completed my studies and have been working these three years.  This Lady set off in search of adventure, with no possessions save one box of books and a small trunk of clothing (in which were stowed away Bananagrams and a clarinet).  I journeyed with a train of wagons, and we made our camp beneath starry skies each night.  Alas! I became very ill and lay in bed, delirious of the surrounding world.  When again I awakened, it was to discover the wagon party did make its way to this Kindgom of Wordsmithonia.

Long have I hoped to find a realm resplendent with literature and music and art!  If only I could be so lucky as to discover an accompanist here, I could again play and sing, and light up these halls with music!  I do so want to peruse the galleries and libraries of this Kingdom.  I beg of thee, Dear Prince, Dear Queen, Dear King, to admit me to thy Kingdom!

Sincerely,

Lady Arielle Camoena

'A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read.' --Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Lady Arielle,

You are more than welcome to take up residence in our humble kingdom.  Inside you will find many stange and unusal creatures, lands, and people.  I pray that you look around and discover what you have in store.  Please feel free to post pictures of your abode once you get it set up and any portraits you may have hanging around.  If you need one done, our royal portrait painter, Edward Gorey, will be more than happy to oblige.

If you have any questions, please come by the palace at any time.  If we are not in, our royal butler, Burges, will make sure you have any help you need.

By My Own Hand, 

KathyS

Camoena wrote:

To the Royal Family of Wordsmithonia, and all Citizens and Creatures of this Kingdom:

I, Lady Arielle Camoena, beg an audience and humbly request to be granted citizenship in this Glorious Kingdom.  I hail from the Village of Bronte, from whence I traveled to study at University in Abilenia.  I completed my studies and have been working these three years.  This Lady set off in search of adventure, with no possessions save one box of books and a small trunk of clothing (in which were stowed away Bananagrams and a clarinet).  I journeyed with a train of wagons, and we made our camp beneath starry skies each night.  Alas! I became very ill and lay in bed, delirious of the surrounding world.  When again I awakened, it was to discover the wagon party did make its way to this Kingdom of Wordsmithonia.

Long have I hoped to find a realm resplendent with literature and music and art!  If only I could be so lucky as to discover an accompanist here, I could again play and sing, and light up these halls with music!  I do so want to peruse the galleries and libraries of this Kingdom.  I beg of thee, Dear Prince, Dear Queen, Dear King, to admit me to thy Kingdom!

Sincerely,

Lady Arielle Camoena

My dear Lady Arielle Camoena, who hails from the illustrious Village of Bronte, Welcome!  We are happy that you have found your way, in your state of delirium, to our Kingdom.

I, Queen Mother Kathy, Duchy of Highland Palms, and my son Ryan, King of Wordsmithonia, wish to welcome you into this great realm and Kingdom of Wordsmithonia.  We will, without question, grant you residency in one of our many villas within The Kingdom. You only need to choose the one which suites your needs, and your wishes are at our commands. 

We have heard of your illness, and hope you have a speedy recovery.  As my son, King Ryan, has taken ill at this time, as well, the doctors seem to think we have a virus going around the realm which has kept many of our residents in.   I will have Burgess come to your villa with a woman staff member to tend your needs, or you may choose one from many who live here in the Kingdom....simply name who would suite your needs best.

Music is of the utmost importance to our Kingdom.  We do have many musicians here.  During festivals and gatherings, they will come out of the woodwork and play day and night!  I, myself, play the piano.  We have a concert grand set up in the Solarium.  I do not play as much as I would like these days, as I have had a bout with tenosinovitus, and I am just now able to use my hands without sever pain.

Literature and art are among the many things you will find here. But, it can only be as much, or as little, as you (or others) see fit to partake of in this Kingdom.  A wish is as close as your finger tips.

As it is getting late, I must call it a night.  I do hope you find your stay with us rewarding, and when you feel up to it, come and join in the wagon train again, as we will be touring all, or as many places as everyone wants.  We will look forward to seeing you.

Yours,

QM Kathy

New User
CDplayer11
0 Kudos

Um, hi. I was wondering what the "Kingdom of Wordsmithonia" is. I know I joined this club, but I want to know a little more about it.

CDplayer11

Inspired Correspondent
Open-Peacemind
0 Kudos

I don't know how to join?

I ould like someone to explian to me how this works??

Can I join??

“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
― Dr. Seuss
"It's your decision:
are you going to do the right or the wrong?"
~me