Inspired Contributor
katknit

Coraline the Movie and knitting

Have you seen this? A video about the "microknitter", a miniaturist who created the sweaters and gloves for the movie:

video

It's pretty cool, and there's already a pattern posted on the net, if you have the eyesight and patience for this painstaking work.

No two persons ever read the same book. [Edmund Wilson]
Scribe
debbook
0 Kudos

Re: Coraline the Movie and knitting

Wow, I can't imagine knitting anything that tiny and beautiful. I don't have the talent for that but also definitely not the eyesight and patience. The smaller the needles I use, the more my carpal tunnel acts up. Those tiny needles would cripple me!

A room without books is like a body without a soul.~ Cicero...
"bookmagic418.blogspot.com
Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 1,083
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
Solutions: 33
0 Kudos

There's also a little article about Althea Crome in the new Winter 08/09 Vogue Knitting.

I haven't seen Coraline yet but a friend has - she didn't believe me when I told her all of Coraline's sweates were hand-knitted!

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
Frequent Contributor
Redcatlady
0 Kudos

pedsphleb wrote:

There's also a little article about Althea Crome in the new Winter 08/09 Vogue Knitting.

I haven't seen Coraline yet but a friend has - she didn't believe me when I told her all of Coraline's sweates were hand-knitted!

I wonder if that would earn her a Best Costume Oscar nomination?  Probably not, but you can always dream.

Redcatlady 

Contributor
TinkPink80
0 Kudos

Amazing!  I can't imagine her eyes and fingers not aching!

During the holiday season, one of my friends put me up to a challenge, she wanted tiny hats and scarves to put on wine bottles she was giving out as Christmas presents, and here I thought that was tiny!  That just made my size 0 needles look huge!

Thanks for sharing the video!

Happy Knitting!

"I'm gonna live forever, or die trying."
- Joseph Heller (Catch 22)
New User
bookworm3687
0 Kudos

Wow!! I am just amazed at that lady's talent. I am only competant to make scarves and hobo bags via knitting haha.

I haven't seen the movie yet, as I'm waiting for my boyfriend to get back in town because he really wants to see it as well. The book (by Neil Gaiman, author of Stardust, which is also a great movie haha) was great, so I can't wait to see it in film

I'm still in awe of those teeny sweaters haha

B&N Bookseller
Afton
0 Kudos

Fascinating! Thanks for posting this.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Top Tags
Users Online
Currently online:101 members 659 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: