Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Debbie52
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourselves

Hi Terri,
My story is similar to yours.  I was taught to knit when I was 6 or 7 yrs old and did not knit anything for the past 30 years.  What brought me back to knitting was finishing a pair of baby booties that were started by someone else and needed to be finished due to an untimely death. I was pleasantly surprised how much I remembered and how easy it was to start again.

A friend recommended I try socks and after my first pair, I purchased the book "Not just Socks" by Sandi Rosner.  The book contains patterns for socks, scarves, dog sweaters, gloves, baby sweater, booties and hat, vest, poncho, etc. I now find great enjoyment supporting charities making sweaters for kids, hats for our soldiers, and baby blankets for a local org. 

One other book I purchased, but haven't tried any of the patterns yet is "Knit Mittens" by Robin Hansen.   
New User
Veriloquus
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

My name is Angie, and I've been into crotcheting/knitting for a good three to four years. I bought some books about knitting, and found them to have some good ideas. However, I wanting to really go further with my crotcheting. I would like to turn my own designs into really cool things. I am not looking to sell as I am just looking to expand some creative ideas I have.

Nice to meet you all. :smileyhappy:
New User
goldlute
0 Kudos

Hi, my name is Debra and I am happy to find a knitting book club.  I have read alot of the books listed on this site and I am currently reading "Seamstress," and "Lace Reader," since I knit lace , tat lace and needle lace. 

BookClubEditor wrote:
Reply to this thread to introduce yourself to the group! Let us know what you love (or hate) about the fiber arts, and share some of your favorite ideas, as well.

Debbie
Contributor
TinkPink80
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone! My name is Trisha I'm from Illinois, and I'm fairly new to knitting.  I learned how to knit this past December while I was off work for 6 months after being diagnosed with cancer.  Sure makes time go by fast!  I have known how to crochet since I was about 15....so about 12 years now, and I must admit, I like knitting better.  I took to it so quickly and have already done several afghans, socks, felted purses, hats, scarves, etc.  My next step is sweaters, which everyone ensures me is sooo simple, but  we will see!  I would love to admit I am self taught but I did take some one on one lessons - approx 5 of them.   I love love love making socks, I learned the new age way, two at a time on two circulars, after my 2nd surgery I started a pair the morning after my surgery in the hospital and had a pair finished within 4 days (they go so fast at the same time).  I have found that I am a season knitter though, I don't so much enjoy it in the summer (suppose most don't!). 

Happy Knitting all

Trisha

"I'm gonna live forever, or die trying."
- Joseph Heller (Catch 22)
Frequent Contributor
VictoriousMary
0 Kudos

I'm Mary.

I crochet, mostly baby blankets for the new borns.  I generally make between 15 to 20 a year.  I live with 5 people and so between us we give one to anyone who we know having a baby.  I also have a very stressful job and am in menopause so this is my stress relief or therapy. 

I suppose I could do other things.  I can make scarves and hats but generally only do that Christmas time or when they are collecting for a shelter or something. 

I like subscribing to crochet or better yet to quilters magazines once in a while.  They have heart warming stories.  I finished reading Friday Night Knitting Club or a title similar to that.  I think those types of groups are good for us busy women.  Female bonding outside of work is important and not done enough.  But of course I do not belong to such a group.  Someday.

Victorious Mary
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Top Tags
Users Online
Currently online: 66 members 1,136 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: