Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Nemosyne
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce yourself!

Hi! My name is Nikki. I'm a stay-at-home-mom to a 2 & 5 year old. My hubby calls me a "Jill of all trades". I like to sew, quilt, paint, garden, do home improvements, and my latest passions over the past couple of years are knitting & spinning. I don't get to do any of them as much as I like because, well... I have 2 kiddos. :smileytongue:

Glad to meet all of you!

Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 966
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
Solutions: 33
0 Kudos

Welcome Nikki!v :smileyhappy:

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
Frequent Contributor
MomforrestMO
0 Kudos

MomforrestMO

I started knitting in the 60's (boy i'm getting old) just taught my oldest daughter and her 9 yr daughter (my oldest grandchild). She may be better than her mom at it.  I'm going to try to knit my first socks.  I like knitting better than crocheting but do both.

MomforrestMO
Melissa_W
0 Kudos

Welcome MomForrestMO :smileyhappy:
Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
Reader 2
chrisd108
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to this knitting group.  I have been knitting since I was in third grade.  I haven't done as much as I would like lately with a full time job and a part-time job. right know I am looking for leg warmers to knit. I have a patteren for a crochet leg warmer but am looking for a verson of a knitted leg warmer.

I have a fettish to yarn also.  I have not been able to convince my husband that I am saving my yarn for my retirement.

Like many of you I also have many craft projects going( I also do counted cross stitch. stamped embroidery and sewing).

Everyone have a great day.

Melissa_W
0 Kudos

Welcome Chrisd! :smileyhappy:  You might try the pattern archives at Knitty (www.knitty.com) or become a member of Ravelry (www.ravelry.com) to find that legwarmer pattern.

(FYI, it takes about 3 days or so for a membership request to be approved at Ravelry)

chrisd108 wrote:

Hi,

I am new to this knitting group.  I have been knitting since I was in third grade.  I haven't done as much as I would like lately with a full time job and a part-time job. right know I am looking for leg warmers to knit. I have a patteren for a crochet leg warmer but am looking for a verson of a knitted leg warmer.

I have a fettish to yarn also.  I have not been able to convince my husband that I am saving my yarn for my retirement.

Like many of you I also have many craft projects going( I also do counted cross stitch. stamped embroidery and sewing).

Everyone have a great day.

Melissa W.
New User
Juli09
0 Kudos

Hello! My name is Tanja and am new here. I knit sometimes, I like knitting socks but also do other things (crochet). Currently am trying to finish this one doily.
New User
meEL
0 Kudos

Hi, I have been knitting for about 3 years and I am probably addicted to it.....

:D  meEL!

Reader 2
Linda_in_NH
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hello fellow yarnaholics! My name is Linda and I live in southern New Hampshire. Luckily I have two B&N stores nearby! Yay! 

I am Certified Reiki Practitioner and am currently learning about Bach Flower Essences as I study to become a Bach Foundation Registered Practitioner. I hope to eventually open a Reiki practice and will incorporate the flower essences into my practice as well.

I love books ... always have. Sometimes I will go to B&N and just hang out or sit and read for hours. I love audio books, paper books, and I've asked for a Nook for Christmas.

I have 3 amazing adult children, and they have given me 6 of the most glorious grandchildren to grace the planet. Ok ... I'm just a bit biased, but they are truly amazing. I am so in love with each and every one of them.

I have been a crocheter for 30+ years, and have recently re-discovered knitting. My mom taught me when I was young, but never really kept up with it. My oldest daughter started knitting and got me hooked. Now we have lots of knitters - me, my two daughters, my daughter-in-law, and occasionally, my son.

Well, I guess that's me in a nutshell. Looking forward to meeting some of you. Ta!

http://www.thiscountrygirlslife.blogspot.com/

http://lindasteelereiki.blogspot.com/

http://www.lindasteelereiki.com/

Melissa_W
0 Kudos

Welcome to "Knitting" Linda :smileyhappy:

Melissa W.
Inspired Contributor
LittleDiva
0 Kudos

Hi! I am NEW to Crocheting, And would like to learn how to knit! I am still working on the project, from when I first started! I am looking at Ravelry, I might get on, I don't know. I am the kind of person, that is on one thing one day, And something else the next. I keep going back to Crafting, And I thought I should look for some support! I found this part of the book club And thought "YA!!!!" I learned how to Cross Stitch from my Nana. She does BEAUTIFUL Works of Art, but thinks nothing of it. I guess I got my passion from her.

I LOVE to dance, sing, act, but the one thing that always comes back is crafts... And Jesus Christ is ALWAYS IN MY HEART!!!!

Melissa_W
0 Kudos

Welcome Little Diva :smileyhappy: Ravelry is a great place to find inspiration - you could even use the network of knitters/crocheters there to find an LYS offering beginning knitter lessons.
LittleDiva wrote:

Hi! I am NEW to Crocheting, And would like to learn how to knit! I am still working on the project, from when I first started! I am looking at Ravelry, I might get on, I don't know. I am the kind of person, that is on one thing one day, And something else the next. I keep going back to Crafting, And I thought I should look for some support! I found this part of the book club And thought "YA!!!!" I learned how to Cross Stitch from my Nana. She does BEAUTIFUL Works of Art, but thinks nothing of it. I guess I got my passion from her.

I LOVE to dance, sing, act, but the one thing that always comes back is crafts... And Jesus Christ is ALWAYS IN MY HEART!!!!

Melissa W.
Frequent Contributor
LRH1223
0 Kudos

Hi!  I'm Linda and have just taught myself to knit also.  So far, I've only made dish cloths and scarves. I've purchased a few dish cloth pattern books and a few scarf books.  Right now, I've ventured into the furry yarn to make scarves with and just love the fluffy, soft feel to them!  My Grandson, who is 11, saw me knitting one and said he'd like to have one in green, so I'm working on a super-soft furry scarf for him for winter.  We live in Tennessee, so we don't get really really cold here though.  I've learned how to purl and psso and k2tog (not sure if that's the right abbrv without looking!). So far, I like to just knit each row for scarves and have been too chicken to venture into anything else just yet.  I haven't been able to manage the twisty wire of the needles connected yet.  Like Sarita, I love just hearing the rhythmic click-clack of the needles though. I knit at night while my husband and I watch TV.
Wishing you all a Merry Christmas! and a prosperous New Year!

Sarita_Li wrote:

Hi!

I'm Sarita... I'm just learning to knit; I've been crocheting for several years now, but I really like some of the patterns that can only be achieved by knitting. What I really really love the most is the click-clack, click-clack of the needles! 

I also write and teach Preschool.

"What we love, we shall grow to resemble."
Bernard of Clairvaux
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Top Tags
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 687 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: