Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 966
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
Solutions: 33
0 Kudos

Things I Learned from Knitting by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee

Alrighty, the Yarn Harlot (aka Stephanie Pearl-McPhee) is back with another book full of purls of knitting wisdom (haha, purls, get it?).  Things I Learned from Knitting...Whether I Wanted To or Not released this week.  So check it out.  I know I will (once my copy arrives at the store). :smileyvery-happy:
Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
Melissa_W
0 Kudos

Re: Things I Learned from Knitting by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee

After buying my copy, losing it in the yarn drawers, and finding it again, I finally finished Stephanie's book.  As with all her knitting writting the book is laugh-out-loud funny and I'm not kidding; non-knitters will stare at you on the bus while you chuckle to yourself over her description about mistakes in lace knitting.  Apparently they are more fun that "a bag of wet cats" (my knitting friend Kate thought that was hilarious but my non-knitting friends were confused - apparently anything is more fun than a bag of wet cats; my friends are boring).  Her "5 things" lists are a stitch.  Hah!

pedsphleb wrote:
Alrighty, the Yarn Harlot (aka Stephanie Pearl-McPhee) is back with another book full of purls of knitting wisdom (haha, purls, get it?).  Things I Learned from Knitting...Whether I Wanted To or Not released this week.  So check it out.  I know I will (once my copy arrives at the store). :smileyvery-happy:

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
Contributor
fon_addict58
0 Kudos

I've read all of her books and have laughed my way through all of them.  My first experience was Yarn Harlot, and I couldn't breath I was laughing so hard.  I am a piano player and loved the idea of taking the panel off the piano and hiding yarn in there.  Her storytelling really lifts my soul.  The new book Things I Learned...... is hysterical!!!!  Hope she keeps them coming.  I keep the meditation book on my desk and read one page on the days I need a lift.
New User
blossomstknits
0 Kudos

Her secret life of a knitter book was friggin hilarious! I bought I think her second or third book and was soooooooooooooooooo bored. I returned it. Is this book more like the secret life of a knitter?
Melissa_W
0 Kudos

This one's more like her first book, Meditations for Women Who Knit Too Much, but her next book that's coming I think this winter/spring is more like Secret Life of a Knitter.

blossomstknits wrote:

Her secret life of a knitter book was friggin hilarious! I bought I think her second or third book and was soooooooooooooooooo bored. I returned it. Is this book more like the secret life of a knitter?

Melissa W.
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Top Tags
Users Online
Currently online: 20 members 466 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: