Frequent Contributor
clarepayton
0 Kudos

Greetings! It's March 5th, so let's begin!

Hi, everyone,
Just wanted to say that we are officially open for discussion today. The author has already graced us with an enthusiastic greeting or two, and we can begin discussing the book. I always like to start with some "First Impressions," but you can jump in anywhere (and everywhere) you'd like.

Have fun!
Aqua
0 Kudos

Re: Greetings! It's March 5th, so let's begin!

I am about half way finished with the book and am loving it. I think (know) there is a little bit of Connie in all women. Up to this point in her life, she has been a giver and provider to her daughters and putting her own needs, desires, and dreams tucked away on a list only to be glanced at and increased as the days, months, years go by. While I can only speak for myself, I am assuming that most women are the same way whether we actually sit down and physically write a list of our dreams or not.

I like that Connie has transformed herself from someone who felt it was her duty to give to others and take very little in return to a woman who is going against the social grain. It is finally Connies turn! She thinks to herself "I really shouldn't do this, but hell, here's goes, I'm doing it!" I love that about her. I really enjoy that with each decision Connie makes to "go for it", it brings her to yet another special moment in her life where she continues to bloom and grow into her true self.

I also love that she has O'Brien that she can share anything with. Every woman should have an O'Brien in her life. I do!
Contributor
MuvverDawn
0 Kudos

I've finished Sunday List of Dreams twice. It's so clear that Connie loves her girls. But I wondered, as I read, if all of the "doing" was in place of the actual verbalization of "I LOVE YOU"? Did Connie fall into the trap of assumption that so many parents fall into?
Frequent Contributor
martini72
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone!

I am a huge Kris Radish fan ( if you have read my posts you know this already ) and I just loved Sunday List... This book touched me in so many ways I don't know where to begin. From the first few pages I swear Connie is me, although my kids are young teenagers and I am only 34, I felt and feel the way Connie does. I have been married for 14 years and my whole life belongs to my family, as I read, all I could think is Oh My God this is me and this is what my life is going to be like when I am 50 something... because somewhere along the way I have completely lost myself... enough said about me...
But what I love about Ms. Radish's books is that she knows, she touches on what I think many of us women feel and maybe secretly keep to ourselves ( like me )and after reading her books, I do not know about you, but it is so empowering, so nice to know that I am not crazy for feeling the way I do. Yes, I have started my list.. Now I have to overcome like Connie's #1 on her list.. Fear... amazing how it will stop you from doing so many things and how hard it is to overcome it when you have lived with it your whole life.

OK... I have rambled enough... I am so looking forward to the rest of the discussion
Wordsmith
Tarri
0 Kudos

This book really spoke to me because I am mid fifties, recently retired, and not sure where to go from here. I don't necessarily want to get a job and I certainly don't want to sit at a desk for another ten years, but it's not easy to make life changes.

I love the way Kris's characters seem so real, like people you have been friends with or have known all your life.
Author
KrisRadish
0 Kudos

Please - with a name like martini - you MUST call me kris.....
Author
KrisRadish
0 Kudos

I think she did once in a while because she was such a single parent. But she also had O'Brien to show her the way so my thought is that even Jessica knew she wa sloved but when they are teenagers - I have TWO - you could write it on your forehead and they would ask what is for dinner....

kris
Author
KrisRadish
0 Kudos

T

What do you want to do?

Show us the list baby......

Kris
Wordsmith
Tarri
0 Kudos

Kris, I'm just not sure what's in store for me. But I do know that reading SLoD really spoke to me, probably even more than Elegant Gatherings (which I loved). But here's a few for me:

#1 Stop being afraid
#2 Take more chances
#3 Finish painting upstairs
#4 Do something
New User
Cheeria3
0 Kudos

The first impression that I received as I read through a few chapter of "The Sunday List of Dreams" is that we all have personnal list of dreams, they may not be written down in a journal as Connie did, but they are there hidden away in our mind and hearts and the only time we seem to realize that we have dreams is when the time come to live them. We all raised our children and looked after our family, but there come a time in life when it is our time to live our dreams just like Connie is doing. This is the first book that I read by this author and I was so completely blown away for it made me realize that I have unfufill dreams also. I am really thinking about writing down my list of dreams.
Cheeria
Wordsmith
Tarri
0 Kudos

I'd like to know if you have considered doing books using the backstory characters from Elegant Gatherings of the White Snows? I really would like to know what happened to some of those womem.
Author
KrisRadish
0 Kudos

Well - I want you to make up the ending...seriously. Maybe in about 15 years I might do it - you know? But really I love to give my readers some power and let them decide where the characters go and who they become - think of the millions of endings...~!!!! So tell me - where are they tonight?

Kris

Tarri wrote:
I'd like to know if you have considered doing books using the backstory characters from Elegant Gatherings of the White Snows? I really would like to know what happened to some of those womem.

Wordsmith
Tarri
0 Kudos

Kris, you asked for it, I'm going to get my copy out and finish the story of my favorite character.

What a fun idea.
Users Online
Currently online:4 members 451 guests
Recent logins:
Please welcome our newest community members: