Frequent Contributor
clarepayton
0 Kudos

Later Chapters Discussion: Diva Connie

Why do women in Diva's seem to be drawn to Connie? Do you think that most women are intimidated by the sex toy industry and stores like Divas? Is it true that women would be more comfortable talking about sex with an older woman like Connie instead of younger woman like Jessica and the other Diva girls?

Note: This discussion topic is particularly suitable for readers who have finished, or nearly finished, The Sunday List of Dreams.

Click on "Reply" to post your thoughts about this discussion topic, or click "New Message" on the main page to start a new topic thread.
martini72
0 Kudos

Re: Later Chapters Discussion: Diva Connie

I would never be able to go into a store like Diva's... just thinking about it I blush and I know in this day and age I shouldn't be. I personally would feel more comfortable speaking to Jessica, Kinsey or Meredith rather than Connie, that will bring me back to the fear thing and speaking to an older person about anything sexual is taboo for me...lol
I think the people in the book are drawn to Connie because she has that motherly experienced appeal going for her, I think it is great that people felt comfortable talking to her, I could never do it...
Author
KrisRadish
0 Kudos

ms. olive twist....

yes you could.
diva's is based on a real store in chicago and you would love it......
maybe i should take you?
this book has opened up so many powerful and open discussions about sex - and i wrote that into the book to address a woman's right to own her sexual self - it is beautiful and i worked so very, very hard to make it that way....

kris
Frequent Contributor
martini72
0 Kudos

Hi Kris

In my mind I could see myself walking into a store like Diva's but actually doing it... I am a chicken... You know how fear was Connie's #1 well it is mine also and I have yet to figure out how to not let it control my life. I am always fearful of how I will be judged ,how would I be perceived walking into a store like that.. I seem to worry about what other thinks rather than what I think or feel..
I might just take you up on your offer hun to visit the store...lol

Nicole
New User
TULIPtoygallery
0 Kudos

TULIP - name of real store in Chicago

martini72 wrote:
Hi Kris

In my mind I could see myself walking into a store like Diva's but actually doing it... I am a chicken... You know how fear was Connie's #1 well it is mine also and I have yet to figure out how to not let it control my life. I am always fearful of how I will be judged ,how would I be perceived walking into a store like that.. I seem to worry about what other thinks rather than what I think or feel..
I might just take you up on your offer hun to visit the store...lol

Nicole

The name of the real store in Chicago is TULIP. www.MYTULIP.com

There are two locations:
1. 1480 W. Berwyn in Andersonville (773.275.6110)
2. 3448 N Halsted in Lakeview (773.975.1515)

Kudos to Kris and Sunday List of Dreams!
New User
TULIPtoygallery
0 Kudos

TULIP - The name of the real store in Chicago

The name of the real store in Chicago is TULIP. www.MYTULIP.com

There are two locations:
1. 1480 W. Berwyn in Andersonville (773.275.6110)
2. 3448 N Halsted in Lakeview (773.975.1515)

Kudos to Kris and Sunday List of Dreams!
Frequent Contributor
martini72
0 Kudos

Re: TULIP - name of real store in Chicago

[ Edited ]
Hello Keely!

OK... so I have saved your website to my favorites after looking at all the items you carry...
Very ,very tempting... and shopping online so much easier for me

Message Edited by martini72 on 03-06-200711:33 AM

Contributor
MuvverDawn
0 Kudos

I shopped in a sex toy store for the first time in January of this year, as a result of, and in celebration of, Sunday List of Dreams. While others in my party came away with "toys", I purchased a magnet and several greeting cards. Gosh how like my grandma I behaved!

I wondered, after reading this question, what the reason for my non-shopping was. In part, it's because I don't own my sexuality or my right to sexual health. Sad but true...my issue...nuff said in this forum....

Primarily, though, I didn't shop because :
a) I had no idea what any of the toys was for, or how to use them. Would I have asked if the clerk had been more like Connie? Not sure, but I'm guessing maybe yes. Why? Because I was embarassed by my naivte (sp?), and CERTAINLY didn't want to admit it to the women in my party or to the 20-something clerk. I might've been able to open up to someone closer to my age, and with whom I might have common experiences.
b) I cannot imagine asking my 22yr old niece any of the questions that I might have re : sexual health / satisfaction
Contributor
marleneo
0 Kudos

Too far away. I'd be too chicken to go by myself, although I want some more of that herbal bath stuff. I haven't wanted to look at the site online at work, but have been considering looking at it from my son's computer, after I lock him and his daughter out of the room.
Author
KrisRadish
0 Kudos

That's it - let's get Keely to come down and do a party for us....!!!!! That's why Connie was such a success - because women with the same questions could relate to her.....and don't be embarassed...you should have seen me with the 500 plus objects they sell at the store -----

Kris

MuvverDawn wrote:
I shopped in a sex toy store for the first time in January of this year, as a result of, and in celebration of, Sunday List of Dreams. While others in my party came away with "toys", I purchased a magnet and several greeting cards. Gosh how like my grandma I behaved!

I wondered, after reading this question, what the reason for my non-shopping was. In part, it's because I don't own my sexuality or my right to sexual health. Sad but true...my issue...nuff said in this forum....

Primarily, though, I didn't shop because :
a) I had no idea what any of the toys was for, or how to use them. Would I have asked if the clerk had been more like Connie? Not sure, but I'm guessing maybe yes. Why? Because I was embarassed by my naivte (sp?), and CERTAINLY didn't want to admit it to the women in my party or to the 20-something clerk. I might've been able to open up to someone closer to my age, and with whom I might have common experiences.
b) I cannot imagine asking my 22yr old niece any of the questions that I might have re : sexual health / satisfaction

Author
KrisRadish
0 Kudos

Honey.....
Just take a peek....they send out the stuff in little packages so people think you are getting a Beanie Baby........!!!

Kris

marleneo wrote:
Too far away. I'd be too chicken to go by myself, although I want some more of that herbal bath stuff. I haven't wanted to look at the site online at work, but have been considering looking at it from my son's computer, after I lock him and his daughter out of the room.

New User
Queeny
0 Kudos

I think people are drawn to Connie b/c she has a warm friendly easygoing manner and a warm smile which you either do or don't after being in nursing for many years-I myself cannot see myself going into this store not b/c of being embarrassed-I just simply don't have any desire to-I don't feel like Connie would have gone in on her own just to browse-but this was her daughter-Queeny
New User
Cheeria3
0 Kudos

Re: TULIP - The name of the real store in Chicago

Gee
Thanks. This book like Connie has brought me out of myself. I feel that the women who go into Diva listen to Connie because they feel that she has been where they are now in their sexuality and understand what they feel, especially those who through all their years of having sex with their love ones and not expeirencing the highs of sexual satisfaction. I would love to see a Diva store.
LOL
Cheeria3
Author
KrisRadish
0 Kudos

Re: TULIP - The name of the real store in Chicago

Okay - road trip. I'll drive you to the store and then wait in the car so you won't blush........

Kris

Cheeria3 wrote:
Gee
Thanks. This book like Connie has brought me out of myself. I feel that the women who go into Diva listen to Connie because they feel that she has been where they are now in their sexuality and understand what they feel, especially those who through all their years of having sex with their love ones and not expeirencing the highs of sexual satisfaction. I would love to see a Diva store.
LOL
Cheeria3

Wordsmith
Tarri
0 Kudos

I think the combination of a "normal" looking, mid 50s woman who could be me, would make me feel at home in a place like Divas (or Tulips). Connie doesn't look like the person you would see at a sex toy shop, so it makes it easy to feel at ease.
Frequent Contributor
LizzieAnn
0 Kudos

They're probably drawn to Connie because she is older, has gone through several changes, and had to conciously embrace this. She did't grow up with it - she had to change, accept, & adapt. That's what so appealing about Connie - the changing, growing, - the being willing to jump into the new & unknown. Older women, particularly, would be more comfortable with Connie than with a girl half her age.

clarepayton wrote:
Why do women in Diva's seem to be drawn to Connie? Do you think that most women are intimidated by the sex toy industry and stores like Divas? Is it true that women would be more comfortable talking about sex with an older woman like Connie instead of younger woman like Jessica and the other Diva girls?

Liz ♥ ♥

Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested. ~ Francis Bacon
Contributor
Meems
0 Kudos

Dawn, babycakes, I HAVE PICTURES OF YOU IN THERE, looking a blue dildo in the face. If you can do that, you're about half a step away from inventory!
Author
KrisRadish
0 Kudos

Can you hear me laughing?
Women are already having these parties all over the country and just when I think I cannot be shocked ever again the woman you would LEAST expect to shop for sex toys, sell them, use them, hang them from a car mirror - well, there she is..........and this my lovlies is part of the joy of life.....

Breathless Kris

Meems wrote:
Dawn, babycakes, I HAVE PICTURES OF YOU IN THERE, looking a blue dildo in the face. If you can do that, you're about half a step away from inventory!

Author
KrisRadish
0 Kudos

P.S. - Photos please........

Meems wrote:

Users Online
Currently online:56 members 432 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: