Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Re: Starting late

Good point about the accident changing Leigh's life as well as Kara's- I think it changed them all, in some way. It was, as they say, a real wake-up call for Leigh, though.
Stephanie
Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
0 Kudos

Re: Starting late

Bonnie824 wrote:
Probably while most people are finishing up- though the posts seem to be mostly in the middle. I am a fast reader though, so may get to join some discussions.

My name is Bonnie and I work with students in public schools in a small county. We lose children from our high schools every year it seems- usually through speed, sometimes alcohol, often over-correcting on curves and hitting cars or trees on the other side of the road (we live in a foothill/mt. part of the country. I also have young adult and teenage children of my own. One of my kids was the driver in an accident where his friend was in the back of his truck and did get hurt badly- he is well now- several years ago. That is what drew me to this book, although I have many more I am "in process" with.

I am looking forward to any discussions left this late in the month.

Welcome Bonnie! There is still plenty left to discuss here and it's a good story. I'm sorry to hear that your son had an accident but that's very good news that his friend recovered. That must have been terrifying for all of you. And then to work with teenagers who all too often have the same experience, you've been through a lot. I can see why you were interested in this book.
Users Online
Currently online: 26 members 751 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: