New User
Tea_and_a_Good_Read
0 Kudos

Book Club

Hi Lauren,

I have been dying to join a book club and one online is just up my alley. The setting and time in history are really great for me and I love a good mystery. I can't wait to get your book and start listening to it. I am an audio book person because I tend to fall asleep when I am reading a book and it takes me forever to finish. I'm looking forward to getting online with you...and also reading the first two of your books.
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

intros-repl.

[ Edited ]
Hi tea,

reading your intro I must say for me it is the other way round: Lately I fall asleep when I try to listen to audio books. I simply had to give it up and I ended up buying print instead.
It wasn't allways so and I wonder what changed in my brain ;-)

ziki

Message Edited by ziki on 02-01-200707:15 AM

Frequent Contributor
politikgirl
0 Kudos

Re: intros-repl.

I've never listened to an audio book. As a child, I spent way too much time curled up in bed reading, and can't imagine reading through listening as opposed to through the physical act of reading. Maybe I should try it out?
Contributor
SaraleeE
0 Kudos

I listen to audiobooks in the car. It's great if you're driving alone.
But actually, audiobooks are tough if you're at home. You can't, like, do chores and listen, because you're moving around too much.

Sometimes audiobooks can open a new perspective on a story--they let you hear an accent that you might not hear in your head, or point up a particular saying that a character might repeat. These are things you might not notice if you were reading, but which stand out when the story is read aloud by a skilled performer.

Saralee
Frequent Contributor
politikgirl
0 Kudos

Thanks! I should try it out sometime.
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 267 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: