Contributor
SaraleeE
0 Kudos

Book covers

[ Edited ]
Okay, even though this isn't among the "First Impression" items mentioned, I just wanted to say that I really love the covers of all three books. They're very romantic and also classy-looking, a quality sadly lacking in many romance novel covers.

The period artwork is lovely and delicate, and I like the little "wrapper" with the "seal" imprinted on it. And yes, I do know that the green dress is not the right period, but it's the right feel, so I figure what the hey.

Most of the time, people say that they don't care what kind of cover a book has, that they read for the story. But covers do matter, if only on a subliminal level.

Message Edited by clarepayton on 01-10-200712:42 PM

Frequent Contributor
clarepayton
0 Kudos

Re: Book covers

Saralee has a great point about the book covers. They are lovely, very evocative of the period, very colorful, and eye-catching.

How do these covers set the stage for these stories? What tone do they convey?

Lauren, did you have any say in the design of the book covers?

Everyone, what other covers have you seen lately that have captured the stories inside?
politikgirl
0 Kudos

Great topic. I love the book covers. I almost bought the paperbacks to the first two books even though I already have the hardcovers in order to own different covers. I particularly love the cover for the paperback version of Black Tulip (I have to admit, even more than the original hardcover one).
Author
LaurenWillig
0 Kudos

Me, too! The old "Black Tulip" cover was very nicely done, but a bit austere-- which Henrietta definitely isn't. I thought the new one captured Hen's personality very nicely.

politikgirl wrote:
Great topic. I love the book covers. I almost bought the paperbacks to the first two books even though I already have the hardcovers in order to own different covers. I particularly love the cover for the paperback version of Black Tulip (I have to admit, even more than the original hardcover one).

Frequent Contributor
politikgirl
0 Kudos

Exactly! I thought the paperback cover captured a lot more of what Henrietta was like in the book than the hardcover cover, although it is very nicely done, as well.

Lauren, do you get any input when it comes to covers, in terms of colour scheme, style, etc.?
New User
Vinh
0 Kudos

I love the book covers. At first it was what attracted me to this series. Whenever I have some free time coming up I check out the new books at my local library. It was the interesting cover that had me pulling the book off the shelf and reading the inside cover for the preview.
Users Online
Currently online: 38 members 266 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: