Frequent Contributor
clarepayton
0 Kudos

Couples in the book

Lauren asked us a good question regarding Richard and Amy, and Hen and Miles. Is it hard to imagine them with anyone else? Or, are they with each other because they were somehow destined to, or just simply couldn't be with anyone else? Is there something in each of their characters that makes their matches inevitable?
dianeh
0 Kudos

Re: Couples in the book

Yes, I think that the couples mirror some major characteristic that drew them together. For example, Richard and Amy are both adventurous and live for the thrill of the adrenaline rush. Richard, however, is cautious about his risks, whereas Amy is the "act first, ask questions later" type. In this, they temper each other. As for the question of whether we could imagine them with anyone else: no, I don't think I could. The chemistry was there from the first.

clarepayton wrote:
Lauren asked us a good question regarding Richard and Amy, and Hen and Miles. Is it hard to imagine them with anyone else? Or, are they with each other because they were somehow destined to, or just simply couldn't be with anyone else? Is there something in each of their characters that makes their matches inevitable?

Diane
Contributor
SoniaW
0 Kudos

Re: Couples in the book

Same thing with Henrietta and Miles. Miles of course is Richard's friend, nearly dashing as he is. Henrietta, being Richard's sister, has the good genes. I really do want to say that it was bound to happen sooner or later. You don't grow up with someone who is NOT related to you and not learn to love them in some way.
Users Online
Currently online: 46 members 580 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: