Frequent Contributor
clarepayton
0 Kudos

Discussion Topic: Spy vs. Spy

Who was the most fascinating spy to you and why? Who was the most surprising? Who was the most cunning?

Click on "Reply" to post your thoughts about this discussion topic, or click "New Message" on the main page to start a new topic thread.
Topics: 516
Kudos: 966
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
Solutions: 33
0 Kudos

Potential Spoiler: RE Spy vs. Spy

The most cunning spy award goes to Lord Vaughn. He's probably playing both sides with ease and it's difficult to tell where his loyalties truly lie.

clarepayton wrote:
Who was the most fascinating spy to you and why? Who was the most surprising? Who was the most cunning?

Click on "Reply" to post your thoughts about this discussion topic, or click "New Message" on the main page to start a new topic thread.

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
Contributor
SaraleeE
0 Kudos

Re: Potential Spoiler: RE Spy vs. Spy

I agree that Lord Vaughn has become very interesting indeed. There seems to be something going on between him and Jane.
Frequent Contributor
politikgirl
0 Kudos

Re: Discussion Topic: Spy vs. Spy

I also thought that there was something going on with Lord Vaughn and Jane, but now that I've read Lauren's plans for Mary/Lord Vaughn, I'm doubting what I imagined.

That aside, I think all of the main spies in this book are fantastic, although the Purple Gentian (poor Richard) after meeting Amy would be no match for the likes of the Black Tulip, Jane as the Pink Carnation and the very deceptive Lord Vaughn.
New User
Vinh
0 Kudos

The most cunning I would say the Black tulip petals. Though Lord Vaughn also has potential.
Contributor
dianeh
0 Kudos

I found that the most surprising spy was Jane in Pink I. I didn't see that coming until it became obvious that Richard would have to retire from the spy game (anonymity being a pre-requisite for a good spy), so Amy wouldn't be able to travel the way a proper spy would have a necessity to do. The most fascinating would have to be Richard. He had that swashbuckler aura (ie., Anthony Andrews and Errol Flynn) that drew you. The most cunning, I agree, was the ever secretive Lord Vaughn. Did he purposely set the Black Tulip free? Is he playing both sides against each other out of boredom? Is there anything between Jane and him? Through the whole of Pink III, you asked yourself questions regarding Lord Vaughn; some were answered, but a few are still pending. Hopefully, in Pink IV, those questions will be answered.

clarepayton wrote:

Diane
Contributor
SoniaW
0 Kudos

Most surprising and cunning, I think is Jane. She's got a brain in her head, that was very clear early on. She's good at observing and coming up with solutions to problems that Amy just couldn't figure out. In Black Tulip, we see just how effective her various disguises are at extracting information from different people. It really does make me wonder just who is Jane, in Black Tulip, even Amy's cousin is just a disguise.

Of course, I didn't figure that out until the end of the book. My younger sister, being infinitely wise than me, spotted it in the first part of the book. Sadly, my youngest sister has the temperment of the Marquise rather than Henrietta most of the time!
Users Online
Currently online: 26 members 412 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: