Amanda_R
0 Kudos

Further Reading

More in Willig's Pink Carnation Series

Book Cover Image: Title: The Masque of the Black Tulip, Author: Lauren Willig

Buy It
The Masque of the Black Tulip
Lauren Willig
In this sequel to her debut novel, The Secret History of the Pink Carnation, Willig has modern-day grad student Eloise Kelly delving through the Selwick archive, where she uncovers the intriguing story of Lady Henrietta Selwick -- a story that ultimately unmasks the identity of the Black Tulip, France's deadliest spy circa 1803.

Book Cover Image: Title: The Secret History of the Pink Carnation, Author: Lauren Willig

Buy It
Secret History of the Pink Carnation
Lauren Willig
Willig's highly entertaining debut novel offered readers a randy romp between centuries -- a swashbuckling mix of romance, swordplay, espionage, and historical sleuthing. It introduces Harvard heroine Eloise Kelly, an American graduate student determined to study abroad and solve the mystery of the Pink Carnation, the successor to the Scarlet Pimpernel and the Purple Gentian

Additional Recommended Reading

Book Cover Image: Title: The Boleyn Inheritance, Author: Philippa Gregory

Buy It
The Boleyn Inheritance
Philippa Gregory
In her latest fascinating historical novel, the genre's reigning maven Philippa Gregory returns to the world of Tudor England that she explored in bestsellers like The Other Boleyn Girl. This time, her fascinating subject is Katherine of Aragon, the 16-year-old daughter of King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella of Spain.

Book Cover Image: Title: Possession, Author: A.S. Byatt

Buy It
Possession
A.S. Byatt
A.S. Byatt hooked many loyal fans with this novel of love and literary mystery in which two scholars fall for each other as their research reveals more about a pair of Victorian poets. It was awarded England's prestigious Booker Prize, and was adapted into an acclaimed film version starring Gwyneth Paltrow in 2002.

Book Cover Image: Title: A Thread of Grace, Author: Mary Doria Russell

Buy It
A Thread of Grace
Mary Doria Russell
In Mary Doria Russell's spellbinding novel, fourteen-year-old Claudette Blum and her father, along with thousands of Jewish refugees, scramble over the Alps toward Italy, where they hope to be safe. The Blums will soon discover that Italy is anything but peaceful, as it becomes an open battleground for the Nazis, the Allies, Resistance fighters, Jews in hiding, and ordinary Italian civilians trying to survive.

Book Cover Image: Title: Through a Glass Darkly, Author: Karleen Koen

Buy It
Through a Glass Darkly
Karleen Koen
"I've always wanted to live in the eighteenth century, and Through a Glass Darkly is a large part of the reason why. It brilliantly captures all the contrasts of the period: elegance and brutality, high ideals and low behavior, dashing Jacobite pretenders and a stodgy Hanoverian monarchy," Willig notes in our interview, when listing Karleen Koen's acclaimed novel among her all-time favorite reads.

Discover all titles and editions from Lauren Willig.
Inspired Contributor
Jo6353
0 Kudos

Re: Further Reading

I received The Boleyn Inheritance for Christmas and I'm looking forward to reading that also! Now if I could just become independently wealthy and stay home and read all day.....aaaahh! Jo
Frequent Contributor
clarepayton
0 Kudos

Re: The Boleyn Inheritance

[ Edited ]
will be a new book group starting in February. Look for it!

Message Edited by clarepayton on 01-08-200707:51 AM

politikgirl
0 Kudos

The Boleyn Inheritance sounds fascinating. I'll have to pick that up next time I'm in a bookstore.

I love Possession by Byatt - I highly recommend that to anyone who enjoys the historical/academic bent in fiction.
Frequent Contributor
krenea1
0 Kudos

politikgirl wrote:
The Boleyn Inheritance sounds fascinating. I'll have to pick that up next time I'm in a bookstore.

I love Possession by Byatt - I highly recommend that to anyone who enjoys the historical/academic bent in fiction.

I picked this the Boleyn Inheritance up yesterday and have started it. So far so good!
Karen Renea

Curiosity killed the cat but satisfaction brought it back
Users Online
Currently online: 46 members 313 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: