Frequent Contributor
clarepayton
0 Kudos

Introductions

Feel free to say "hello" here. Introduce yourselves to me and to each other and welcome back old friends.
maxcat
0 Kudos

Re: Introductions

Hi, I'm Chris from NC. I haven't read the book; been busy cooking and during Christmas stuff. I try to stay unstressed but it's not working well. I caught some poison ivy, yes down here it's all over even in winter. I am highly sensitive to it and am on medication to dry it up. After tomorrow's big dinner and company, I plan on starting to read the book.
The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
New User
anitabutlerjw
0 Kudos

Hi I am Anita from Lisle IL. I am looking forward to reading this book and discussing about it. I am a very avid reader - just love to read anything.
Contributor
AnnMar
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Ann from southern New Jersey. I don't usually like to read period pieces, but thought I would go beyond my comfort zone. Looking forward to everyone's thoughts and opinions.
New User
maryellen
0 Kudos

Hiya - Just received the book in the mail today...can't wait to begin reading it during my commute to and from work. This is my first book club so I'm eager to see how things progress.

Best,

Mary
from NYC
Contributor
SaraleeE
0 Kudos

Well, hi! My name is Saralee and I live in central Ohio.

I received The Deception of the Emerald Ring as a Christmas present. It was one of those "requested" presents, since I already have the Pink Carnation and the Black Tulip (If I may call them so).

This is the first time I have participated in the new-format discussion groups. I'm looking forward to this.

Saralee
New User
celynda
0 Kudos

Hello, this is Christa from Jacksonville, Florida. I really enjoyed the first two books and look forward to reading the Emerald Ring and participating in the discussion group.
Reader 4
valentine
0 Kudos

Hello, I'm Bevin. I just discovered and read all three books earlier this month, so what a great coincidence that there's a book club starting at the same time. I'm excited!
Contributor
MacNCheese
0 Kudos

Hello my name is Amanda and have never read a book by Lauren Willig but I am here because it definately looked interesting. Plus this is my first book club. I love to read and I love history so why not get a better understanding of the books I read by engaging in discussions with others? I am so excited!
Inspired Contributor
Jo6353
0 Kudos

Hello! I'm Jo from NW NJ. I haven't read the first 2 books but I've ordered this one and I'm looking forward to reading it. I'm always looking for new and interesting authors!
New User
Vinh
0 Kudos

'lo!

I recently finished reading the Emerald Ring and loved it. I'm really looking forward to the discussion about this book.

-Raven
Orlando, FL
New User
MaryKay
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm MaryKay living in Saint Louis.

I just finished reading the book--in one day.

I am such a terrible geek when I get into a book; everything else takes a back seat. I am excited to participate in an online book club. I haven't really "done" the bookclub thing with friends for a few reasons. A) I can't stand to read books that I "should" read (or re-read) b/c they are "classics" or "important" and B) Depressing books are just so depressing. Haven't you noticed that Oprah's picks are not happy? And C) Most of the above bookclubs are just excuses to get together and drink wine. I don't have to pretend to read a book to do that :smileywink:

So, this one should be fun.

Looking forward to it!!
Contributor
sheshe703
0 Kudos

Hi, I am Sheila from Alexandria, Virginia.

My boyfriend says that he has never seen anyone read as much as I do. It is just too bad that work gets in the way of reading all day.

I have read the Pink Carnation and the Black Tulip (in 2 days over Christmas) and really enjoyed both of them. I cannot wait for the discussion to begin on the Emerald Ring.
Bel
New User
Bel
0 Kudos

Hi! My name is Belinda and I am from Rowlett, Texas. I am really excited about participating in a reading group. I have always wanted to take part in an online book discussion, but this is actually the first time I have taken the initiative to do it. I have not read the first two books, but I know I will probably read them before "The Emerald Ring". I am eager to get busy reading!
New User
Sophia11
0 Kudos

I have to agree with you, if it wasn't for work I would be reading books all day too. Nice to meet you.

Nicole
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

valentine wrote:
Hello, I'm Bevin. I just discovered and read all three books earlier this month, so what a great coincidence that there's a book club starting at the same time. I'm excited!

Wow, what a synchonicity! Great.

ziki :-)
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

MaryKay wrote:
Hi, I'm MaryKay living in Saint Louis.

I just finished reading the book--in one day.

I am such a terrible geek when I get into a book; everything else takes a back seat. I am excited to participate in an online book club. I haven't really "done" the bookclub thing with friends for a few reasons. A) I can't stand to read books that I "should" read (or re-read) b/c they are "classics" or "important" and B) Depressing books are just so depressing. Haven't you noticed that Oprah's picks are not happy? And C) Most of the above bookclubs are just excuses to get together and drink wine. I don't have to pretend to read a book to do that :smileywink:

So, this one should be fun.

Looking forward to it!!

Hi Mary Kay,
the great thing with this on line set up is that there are many books to choose from each month so you do not have to read just one book that might not fit your taste or interest in that moment. I always find something here that catches my fancy for one reason or another. I hope you'll have fun here.

ziki
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, nice to meet you all.

I have been active on the new BNclubs since they opened last fall and I found many books here that interested me. I also discovered some writers I didn't read before. Lauren among them. Amazing that some of you read one book a day! I'm not sure I'll be able to do that but I agree, once a book captures my interest other commitments usually have to wait.

greetings to you all
ziki
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

comfort zone

Hi, going beyond your comfort zone in reading...hmmm, that is really interesting. I think I've just done it myself while reading Moby-Dick here on BNBC and I do not regret it. Earlier I resisted Dan Brown's books and I was never big on sci-fi and horror. So Stephen King's Stand has been taxing a loooong time on my literary airport.LOL

Any other books that you liked?

ziki
Frequent Contributor
politikgirl
0 Kudos

My name is Bryana and I'm from Toronto, Canada, although I am in Kingston, Canada right now as a fourth year undergraduate student at Queen's University with a major in Political Studies and a minor in History. I'm headed off to law school next year, and am seriously amazed by Ms. Willig's ability to write novels, do a Ph.D AND law school all at the same time. I've been a fan ever since I picked up The Secret History of the Pink Carnation when it first came out at a bookstore (I spend way too much time at bookstores, by the way) and was hooked. I've read all three books and have such a great time reading them. Pleased to meet everyone here!
Users Online
Currently online: 22 members 219 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: