Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Rachel-K
0 Kudos

And a late apology..

Hello all,

I certainly owe the group an apology for my negligence this month. I sent a message to Lisa, and she responded very graciously. She said wonderful things about this group, and suggested I simply post the note I wrote to her, so I'm doing that.

I imagine most of you know that the discussions here are generally more fully and actively moderated. I see that this group went along very happily and had some intense discussions owing to Lisa's and the member's participation, which was all full-heartedly engaged.

Please accept my apologies!

Rachel

Lisa,

I'm terribly sorry about my low participation, and see
that I've upset the group. You've been a truly
wonderful author, and it's a great relief to see that
the group has gotten so much from your participation
and feedback this month.

I've tried to work through a personal crisis and
thought (or simply hoped) that I would make things
work, but haven't done a decent job of it. And I don't
mean to excuse myself, but just to stress that it
isn't carelessness on my part, but a crisis. And
certainly your novel deserves better!

I'm going to gather the posts from the group that have
expressed dissatisfaction and present them to my boss,
to let her know what's happened and talk to her
about how to handle closing this week.

I've found the group discussion to really be inspired
this month! I hope you'll want to take part in the B &
N groups with your next novel, because from what you
describe of it, it would be a perfect fit for the
forums here.

Again, please accept my apologies, and thanks very
much for your engagement with the group!

Rachel
Frequent Contributor
bentley
0 Kudos

Re: And a late apology..

rkubie wrote:
Hello all,

I certainly owe the group an apology for my negligence this month. I sent a message to Lisa, and she responded very graciously. She said wonderful things about this group, and suggested I simply post the note I wrote to her, so I'm doing that.

I imagine most of you know that the discussions here are generally more fully and actively moderated. I see that this group went along very happily and had some intense discussions owing to Lisa's and the member's participation, which was all full-heartedly engaged.

Please accept my apologies!

Rachel

Lisa,

I'm terribly sorry about my low participation, and see
that I've upset the group. You've been a truly
wonderful author, and it's a great relief to see that
the group has gotten so much from your participation
and feedback this month.

I've tried to work through a personal crisis and
thought (or simply hoped) that I would make things
work, but haven't done a decent job of it. And I don't
mean to excuse myself, but just to stress that it
isn't carelessness on my part, but a crisis. And
certainly your novel deserves better!

I'm going to gather the posts from the group that have
expressed dissatisfaction and present them to my boss,
to let her know what's happened and talk to her
about how to handle closing this week.

I've found the group discussion to really be inspired
this month! I hope you'll want to take part in the B &
N groups with your next novel, because from what you
describe of it, it would be a perfect fit for the
forums here.

Rachel

Life happens Rachel and your apology was very noble of you. You could have just been silent and nobody would have known of your circumstances. I hope things work out for you and straighten out soon.

Regards,

Bentley
Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
0 Kudos

Rachel,
I'm very sorry to hear that you are having a crisis and I hope that everything works out. It's so unfortunate and often unpredictable when bad things happen and I think we've all been there. I know I have. The most frustrating part, at least for me, has been not knowing what is going on with our moderator. I don't mean that we need the details but if we would have known that there was some kind of problem and someone would be getting back to us I would have understood. And you may not have been able to let us know but someone of authority should have said there was a problem, especially to our author. Lisa See did a terrific job leading the group and vivico1 posted some excellent questions also. We recovered well and have had a great month. Your apology is accepted, best of luck.
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

Wrighty wrote:
Rachel,
I'm very sorry to hear that you are having a crisis and I hope that everything works out. It's so unfortunate and often unpredictable when bad things happen and I think we've all been there. I know I have. The most frustrating part, at least for me, has been not knowing what is going on with our moderator. I don't mean that we need the details but if we would have known that there was some kind of problem and someone would be getting back to us I would have understood. And you may not have been able to let us know but someone of authority should have said there was a problem, especially to our author. Lisa See did a terrific job leading the group and vivico1 posted some excellent questions also. We recovered well and have had a great month. Your apology is accepted, best of luck.

She is right Rachel, every club has a mod and editor, you should have been covered or we should have been notified. You take care of what you need to. We are having a good club, its a good group and it will be ok.
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Wordsmith
Fozzie
0 Kudos

Thanks for the apology, Rachel.

I do hope you are able to work things out and can return to being the active, involved moderator that you have been in the past.
Laura

Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are.
Frequent Contributor
cindersue
0 Kudos

Rachel

Life happens Rachel and your apology was very noble of you. You could have just been silent and nobody would have known of your circumstances. I hope things work out for you and straighten out soon.

Regards,

Bentley

Ditto, ditto, ditto.
Cindersue
Users Online
Currently online: 40 members 646 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: