Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

LAST WEEK REMINDER AND THANK YOU TO LISA SEE

Just a reminder to us all that we starting our final week now. Hope everyone is finishing up and gets a chance to join in on all of the thread discussions. Have a great week.

Also, as one of the readers in this club. I would like to take this chance to thank Lisa for making this a very enjoyable club. You have truly given us food for thought and a greatly entertaining book too. In many ways, this has been a much more intimate club with the fewer numbers of people. I thank you for doing this book club Lisa and will be keeping an eye on your website for the books to come. Also I would like to thank all of my fellow readers in here too. You guys have made this such a good club! Some very real and honest talk about things. I have really enjoyed it so much and am so glad each and everyone of you were here to discuss things with. Its been great :smileywink: Vivian
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Frequent Contributor
bentley
0 Kudos

Re: LAST WEEK REMINDER AND THANK YOU TO LISA SEE

vivico1 wrote:
Just a reminder to us all that we starting our final week now. Hope everyone is finishing up and gets a chance to join in on all of the thread discussions. Have a great week.

Also, as one of the readers in this club. I would like to take this chance to thank Lisa for making this a very enjoyable club. You have truly given us food for thought and a greatly entertaining book too. In many ways, this has been a much more intimate club with the fewer numbers of people. I thank you for doing this book club Lisa and will be keeping an eye on your website for the books to come. Also I would like to thank all of my fellow readers in here too. You guys have made this such a good club! Some very real and honest talk about things. I have really enjoyed it so much and am so glad each and everyone of you were here to discuss things with. Its been great :smileywink: Vivian

Hello Vivico,

Was surprised at all of the new threads. Since I am still reading multiple books and Peony in Love is one of them that I want to continue to enjoy without spoilers...I will thank Lisa now and come back when I have finished the book and will comment then.

I have already thanked Lisa for her time and "big investment of herself" to this discussion. She really has had a huge author presence which is terrific to see. I did purchase Peony in Love and do want to spend some time with the novel without rushing the reading.

Be back when I have finished my homework..(all of my reading)..

Take care,

Bentley
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

bentley wrote:

vivico1 wrote:

Hello Vivico,

Was surprised at all of the new threads. Since I am still reading multiple books and Peony in Love is one of them that I want to continue to enjoy without spoilers...I will thank Lisa now and come back when I have finished the book and will comment then.

I have already thanked Lisa for her time and "big investment of herself" to this discussion. She really has had a huge author presence which is terrific to see. I did purchase Peony in Love and do want to spend some time with the novel without rushing the reading.

Take care,

Bentley

Take care Bentley, and some of the new threads you can post to without being finished, so you might want to read the question anyway. They are actually from Lisa, not me, I just posted them on a thread for her :smileywink:
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Frequent Contributor
bentley
0 Kudos

vivico1 wrote:

bentley wrote:

vivico1 wrote:

Hello Vivico,

Take care,

Bentley

Take care Bentley, and some of the new threads you can post to without being finished, so you might want to read the question anyway. They are actually from Lisa, not me, I just posted them on a thread for her :smileywink:

Understood..but I just finished Mayflower and am now turning my attention back to Peony and don't want to ruin my discoveries...but good of you to help out here. I will post as I catch up. But have enjoyed all of the discussion thus far. I can see that you are up late as well.

Take care,

Bentley
Author
LisaSee
0 Kudos

And let me say thank you to all of you. I've really enjoyed that this was a smaller group. I think we've all gotten to know each other really well. We've confided and shared so much from our own lives. I love that. So thank you as well to everyone for being so brave and open.

Now I'd be a pathetic dumbass if I didn't say I hope you'll all recommend Peony in Love to your friends. (Gotta try to sell some books, after all.)
Frequent Contributor
Jessica
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

vivico1 wrote:

Well, Vivian beat us to the punch :smileyhappy:, but we at B&N would also like to extend our warmest thanks to Lisa for joining us this month.

Thanks for sharing so much of your time and energy with our community! It was great to have you on the boards!

And for those of you still enjoying Peony in Love, don't be shy about asking posting any lingering questions or comments this week!

Jessica
BNBC Editor

Message Edited by Jessica on 09-24-2007 05:07 PM
Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
0 Kudos

LisaSee wrote:
And let me say thank you to all of you. I've really enjoyed that this was a smaller group. I think we've all gotten to know each other really well. We've confided and shared so much from our own lives. I love that. So thank you as well to everyone for being so brave and open.

Now I'd be a pathetic dumbass if I didn't say I hope you'll all recommend Peony in Love to your friends. (Gotta try to sell some books, after all.)

You're not a pathetic dumbass Lisa, :smileyvery-happy: , we know a good thing when we read it too! I've already been recommending your book and I'm looking forward to your next one. Thank you for joining us this month. I've learned so much and enjoyed it at the same time. We've had a great group and really interesting discussions. We may have been small but we've been lively! I will be watching for you to join us again.
~Debbie
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

LisaSee wrote:

Now, that is not being a (dumbass) hey! its a wonder they don't blink that off! Hey! we get to use alittle slang around here. But you are far from being a dumbass, Lisa. That makes you a smart cookie to advertise your wonderful books. Noone is a dumbass that writes this good!
Wordsmith
Fozzie
0 Kudos

Lisa, thank you so much for talking with us about your book, yourself, and whatever else we managed to think up! I am looking forward to your next book and I hope you will come back to the B&N on line forum to discuss it with us.

Thank you to all my fellow readers. This has been a great group, reminiscent of the old BNU days. I hope to talk with you all again soon!
Laura

Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are.
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

Fozzie wrote:
Lisa, thank you so much for talking with us about your book, yourself, and whatever else we managed to think up! I am looking forward to your next book and I hope you will come back to the B&N on line forum to discuss it with us.

Thank you to all my fellow readers. This has been a great group, reminiscent of the old BNU days. I hope to talk with you all again soon!

Laura,
Are you doing a book for Oct? I am reading, The Rest of Her Life by Moriarity.
Vivian
Wordsmith
Fozzie
0 Kudos

vivico1 wrote:
Laura,
Are you doing a book for Oct? I am reading, The Rest of Her Life by Moriarity.

Please see my note in the Community Room. I am doing The Septembers of Shiraz and The Emperor's Children.
Laura

Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are.
Frequent Contributor
cindersue
0 Kudos

Wrighty wrote:

LisaSee wrote:

You're not a pathetic dumbass Lisa, :smileyvery-happy: , we know a good thing when we read it too! I've already been recommending your book and I'm looking forward to your next one. Thank you for joining us this month. I've learned so much and enjoyed it at the same time. We've had a great group and really interesting discussions. We may have been small but we've been lively! I will be watching for you to join us again.
~Debbie

Thank you Lisa for a very interesting adventure. I had difficulty getting into the book in the beginning as I don't know my Chinese history, but once I got into it ... awwww ... I couldn't put it down. I enjoyed reading about the spiritual beliefs, customs, traditions. I enjoyed the love story. I look forward to seeing you again! :smileywink:

cindersue
Author
LisaSee
0 Kudos

I guess this is it. Thank you to all of you. It's been very interesting and fun.
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

LisaSee wrote:
I guess this is it. Thank you to all of you. It's been very interesting and fun.

Lisa, its been a great month and a great read and club. Here's to the next one. Got your website on my favorites now, so I will be keeping up with your news. Thank you so much for your book, your insight, your humor, your thoughtfulness AND your patience with us. Its been great! :smileyhappy:
Vivian
Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
0 Kudos

Thanks and goodbye

LisaSee wrote:

Lisa,
I hate for this to end! Thank you for a fun month, a great book, all you have taught us and giving me a new favorite author. This experience was so much more than I ever anticipated. I am fascinated with the culture and traditions you taught us about and I look forward to learning even more. Thank you for being so accessible and "real". I look forward to joining you in another club.
Debbie
Frequent Contributor
seagate
0 Kudos

Thank you , Lisa and all you fellow chat friends. This was indeed an extra special treat !
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

LisaSee wrote:

Until you join us again which I hope is very soon. This has been the best book club yet!
Thanks again, Lisa. Linda Huff
Frequent Contributor
Pat_T
0 Kudos

The last few weeks I wasn't able to post as often as I wanted, but I tried to keep up with the discussion. I want to thank Lisa for writing such an a wonderful book and being such a frequent participant in this group. The book taught me so much about that culture and time, and I loved watching Peony's development. The plot and the research that went into it are amazing! I'd finished reading the book before the discussion started, so I knew I liked it. After this discussion, I like it even more as I discovered things I hadn't noticed at first reading. I know I will reread Peony in Love and recommend it to friends. And of course, I look forward to Lisa's next book. Thank you all again. Pat
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Pat_T wrote:
The last few weeks I wasn't able to post as often as I wanted, but I tried to keep up with the discussion. I want to thank Lisa for writing such an a wonderful book and being such a frequent participant in this group. The book taught me so much about that culture and time, and I loved watching Peony's development. The plot and the research that went into it are amazing! I'd finished reading the book before the discussion started, so I knew I liked it. After this discussion, I like it even more as I discovered things I hadn't noticed at first reading. I know I will reread Peony in Love and recommend it to friends. And of course, I look forward to Lisa's next book. Thank you all again. Pat

Sorry you didnt get to post in this discussion. It was really a great discussional book!
Maybe her next book you can join in. She is a wonderful author.
Users Online
Currently online: 44 members 365 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: