Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

Re: The Inner Self and the Inner Chamber

LisaSee wrote:

What a story! If it weren't for books, you wouldn't be here chatting with us today!

Yep its true. Now see, how can replacing books with everything on the computer compare. Just think, if back then I even had a computer and had it in the trunk, it would have just been a mess of plastic on my lap...whereever that might have been! lol. Books are good things! :smileywink:
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

LisaSee wrote:

Wrighty wrote:

LisaSee wrote:
Hey, by the way, these last couple of days I've been up in Colorado with my husband. We thought we'd sneak away for the fall colors. But it's hard to predict these things. This weekened things are still pretty green. But boy oh boy, it's nice to be away for a few days.

I hope you've enjoyed Colorado Lisa. My brother lived near Denver for 5 years and I got to visit him twice. It was beautiful to see the mountains and it was growing like crazy there. They sold their house at just the right time. We had great visits and it was so different from the green hills and valleys of New York state.
Seagate, have a nice trip and congrats on the new grandson on the way. That new baby smell and those tiny feet are the best!

I forgot to say congratulations to Seagate too. Chinese would say that you've just taken another step on the great ladder of life. To be a grandma. Wow!!!

DITTO!! Congrats Seagate!
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
0 Kudos

vivico1 wrote:

LisaSee wrote:

What a story! If it weren't for books, you wouldn't be here chatting with us today!

Yep its true. Now see, how can replacing books with everything on the computer compare. Just think, if back then I even had a computer and had it in the trunk, it would have just been a mess of plastic on my lap...whereever that might have been! lol. Books are good things! :smileywink:

Viv, since your accident do you now recommend paperbacks over hardcover? Didn't you say they were all paperbacks in your trunk that provided you cushion? Or maybe you just travel with them! :smileywink: Hey, it worked!
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

Wrighty wrote:

vivico1 wrote:

LisaSee wrote:

Viv, since your accident do you now recommend paperbacks over hardcover? Didn't you say they were all paperbacks in your trunk that provided you cushion? Or maybe you just travel with them! :smileywink: Hey, it worked!

LOL, no I just said they were paper "books" as opposed to the computer stuff lol. I had some hardbound some paperback. When I can get them, I always prefer hardbound. Can you see that as some newspaper article or library article "How Books Safed My Life....LITERALLY!" hehe. Like I say, I love books so I had a trunkload and that was even before college! :smileywink:
Vivian
Users Online
Currently online: 44 members 798 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: