Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
CAshkova
0 Kudos

Re: Any good books on life?

...Or should I say that no two persons can read the same book at the same time, word for word, the whole way through :smileyvery-happy:

The one and only book worm :smileyhappy:
Frequent Contributor
Mrbooks
0 Kudos

What does this have to do with finding me a book? :smileyhappy:
Get me a book and ship em' to me :smileyhappy:
Frequent Contributor
Mrbooks
0 Kudos

Ok , fine...it is possible that two people can read the same book at the same time unbeknownst to one another. :smileyhappy:
Contributor
queenm07
0 Kudos

Aseop's Fables is greatAesop's Fables (Barnes & Noble Classics Series) 
I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of anything than of a book! When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.----Jane Austen Pride and Prejudice
Frequent Contributor
Mrbooks
0 Kudos

I've got so many books to chew on right now...lol, not literally...

Frequent Contributor
SandraEBarker
0 Kudos

For me, sometimes it is literally...:smileyvery-happy:
Frequent Contributor
Mrbooks
0 Kudos

Actually, sometimes I actually chew on my books...u know, when i'm thinking about what I just read...:manhappy:

Contributor
Bachanon
0 Kudos

CA...author, father, brother, husband, son, and everything else under the sun; at least for the time being. I think you'll like the book if you're into the current financial crisis and what brought us, as a country, to our knees.

Kinda funny how greed and corruption eventually leads to the demise of Corporate America and modern day capitalism (as we know it).

The book is written from the perspective of an executive leader that spent 2+ years at the top of an organization. All content is true, to the best of the author's memory, and Bach provides some potential solutions to modern day problems.

Frequent Contributor
MrsWaki
0 Kudos

1. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien (2 recommendations)
  2. The Iliad and Odyssey by Homer (2 recommendations)
  3. The Maltese Falcon by Dashiell Hammett (2 recommendations)
  4. The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov (2 recommendations)
Frequent Contributor
WestchesterRFranks
0 Kudos

I consider these:

1. SAIL, by James Patterson and Howard Roughan
2. ANGELS AND DEMONS, by Dan Brown
3. PHANTOM PREY, by John Sandford
4. ODD HOURS, by Dean Koontz
5. BURNING WILD, by Christine Feehan