Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
noel_blakely
0 Kudos

I kissed dating goodbye...

before you see the title and automatically think...its just another self-help book to help me through my bad relationship. its not actually. :smileyvery-happy: this book is about focusing your life on God's will and serving others and trying to always please yourself. It has really changed my opinions on alot of things and i plan on reading joshua harris' sequal- boy meet girl. Its amazing how this book can get you on track and help you discover what a good christian dating relationship should be like.

New User
BillAtChristsTable
0 Kudos

Re: I kissed dating goodbye...

Noel,

I'm new to B & N Book Clubs. 

If I wanted to start/join a book club for those interested in Bible, Christianity, theology, etc.  either in a store in the Rochester, NY area and/or online, how would I do that?

I can't find anything on this website that explains how to do that.  I've even read a message entiled "How to start your own Book Club", but it didn't seem to actually explain how to do it - at least I didn't understand it.  I may be slow in figuring out how this all works.  Can you help?  

p.s.

I've written to you, because you seem to also be interested in a Christian worldview. 

I am long past being single, but I know and appreciate Josh Harris' writing and ministry. 

BillAtChristsTable

Bill At Christ's Table
Frequent Contributor
Jon_B
0 Kudos

Hi Noel and Bill

Welcome to the Book Clubs!

We're planning on creating a "Religion & Spirituality" board which will be the home for exactly these types of discussions.  In the meantime, feel free to start a discussion in our Community Room, which is the first board in our list of boards.

To start a Book Club discussion, all you have to do is start a new thread in the relevant board and make sure that the title and first post in the thread are clear as to what the discussion is about.

Jon

Need some help setting up your My B&N profile? Click here!

Looking for a particular book, but can't remember the title or author? Ask about it here!
Inspired Contributor
avidreader2
0 Kudos

I have personally read "I Kiss Dating Goodbye" and "Boy Meets Girl'. Both are fantastic, and I urge parents to read it to, or have their children read the books. I know I would not have the point of view that I have about dating without reading these books. They are good reads, and are filled with personal testimonies from Joshua Harris, not just Bible verses. This made a huge difference to me, and alot of my teenaged friends.
"When camping in Canada, do not wear fruity chapstick... you might get mauled by grizzly bears."
Distinguished Wordsmith
Dreamer4ever
0 Kudos

I've seen those books in the store and have occasionally picked them up and looked at them, but I haven't read them. I'm a Christian homeschool student that hears about this kind of thing all the time and I think that's part of the reason I never read the books. You know, it gets tiring after a while of hearing the subject over and over again.

However, this is becoming an even bigger issue in my life with prom and everything that happens in today's world of dating. How do the books approach the subject?

The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them. --Mark Twain
Inspired Contributor
avidreader2
0 Kudos

Dreamer4ever wrote:

I've seen those books in the store and have occasionally picked them up and looked at them, but I haven't read them. I'm a Christian homeschool student that hears about this kind of thing all the time and I think that's part of the reason I never read the books. You know, it gets tiring after a while of hearing the subject over and over again.

However, this is becoming an even bigger issue in my life with prom and everything that happens in today's world of dating. How do the books approach the subject?

The books approach dating and going on dates very gently, but in a firm way. It's not a "guilt trip" kind of book, it's more like... I don't know... it gives you a different door... a different solution. I cannot really explain it well due to the fact that it has been well over 2 years since I read "Kissed Dating GoodBye". I strongly recommend just reading them. If you disagree with the book, stop reading. They are a good read and really help shining a light on the subject of dating and relationships. 

"When camping in Canada, do not wear fruity chapstick... you might get mauled by grizzly bears."