Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
silver_raven
0 Kudos

Need to understand

Hello everyone,
I was wondering id someone could explain in fewer details what we are aloud to discuss and what we are aloud to write. If anyone can explain I would be ever thank-ful.
Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

Re: Need to understand

silver_raven wrote:
Hello everyone,
I was wondering id someone could explain in fewer details what we are aloud to discuss and what we are aloud to write. If anyone can explain I would be ever thank-ful.

silver_raven

I guess in simple terms Ilana picks a subject Like this week it is humor and she gives some examples of humor in literature and then a couple of other threads and you can write about how literature effects your life in that area and how you feel about it. Trying to respect others opions even if you don't agree. Trying not hurt others feelings. If I'm off in anyway I'm sorry but that is how it seems to work for me. I don't always have anything to say but I like to here what others have to say.

Toni
Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
Blogger
IlanaSimons
0 Kudos

Re: Need to understand

Thanks for a nice explanation, Toni, and welcome to the group, Silver_raven.
Yes: Every week, around Friday morning, I post a blog entry about some life lesson I've learned from a book.
You don't have to have read the book to post here. I phrase a few discussion questions, and the group leads a conversation based on how reading affects our lives.
Ilana

Nelsmom wrote:

silver_raven wrote:
Hello everyone,

silver_raven

I guess in simple terms Ilana picks a subject Like this week it is humor and she gives some examples of humor in literature and then a couple of other threads and you can write about how literature effects your life in that area and how you feel about it. Trying to respect others opions even if you don't agree. Trying not hurt others feelings. If I'm off in anyway I'm sorry but that is how it seems to work for me. I don't always have anything to say but I like to here what others have to say.

Toni

Ilana
Check out my book, here and visit my website, here.

Contributor
silver_raven
0 Kudos

Thank you

Thank-you for the short simple explanation. I do have more questions but I think I'll do one question a day just incase your answer gives me the right answer I need. Alright here goes, When Ilane posts the topic each week, do we discuss it all week or just on that Friday?
Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

Re: Thank you

silver_raven wrote:
Thank-you for the short simple explanation. I do have more questions but I think I'll do one question a day just incase your answer gives me the right answer I need. Alright here goes, When Ilane posts the topic each week, do we discuss it all week or just on that Friday?

It is discussed all week and you can still post on past weeks if you want or at least as long as they are avalible. Enjoy sharing what you learn from what you read.

Toni
Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
Blogger
IlanaSimons
0 Kudos

Re: Thank you

And you don't need to just write about what I post. As you'll see, conversation takes its own shape through the week....

Nelsmom wrote:

silver_raven wrote:

It is discussed all week and you can still post on past weeks if you want or at least as long as they are avalible. Enjoy sharing what you learn from what you read.

Toni

Ilana
Check out my book, here and visit my website, here.