Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Blogger
IlanaSimons
0 Kudos

New Format and Location for thie Blog--starting Thursday 4/16

[ Edited ]

Hi All,

I just want to inform you that starting on Thursday, we're going to use a new format for this blog.  My blog will be part of a larger blogging forum--called Unabashedly Bookish--at B&N.

I will be posting every Thursday--and you'll be able to find the Unabashedly Bookish forum just above the Community Board on the homepage.  I hope to see you there.  Meet me every Thursday!

Ilana

Message Edited by IlanaSimons on 04-14-2009 10:10 AM

Ilana
Check out my book, here and visit my website, here.

Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 965
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
Solutions: 33
0 Kudos

Re: New Format and Location for thie Blog--starting Thursday 4/16

Cool.  As long as you keep tossing those posts out there for us to mull over - I might not have many responses but you always give me plenty to think over :smileyhappy:

IlanaSimons wrote:

Hi All,

I just want to inform you that starting on Thursday, we're going to use a new format for this blog.  My blog will be part of a larger blogging forum--called Unabashedly Bookish--at B&N.

I will be posting every Thursday--and you'll be able to find the Unabashedly Bookish forum just above the Community Board on the homepage.  I hope to see you there.  Meet me every Thursday!

Ilana

Message Edited by IlanaSimons on 04-14-2009 10:10 AM

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
Blogger
IlanaSimons
0 Kudos

Thank you so much.
pedsphleb wrote:

Cool.  As long as you keep tossing those posts out there for us to mull over - I might not have many responses but you always give me plenty to think over :smileyhappy:

Ilana

Contributor
snowflakeinannapolis
0 Kudos

Good to know - thank you!
Frequent Contributor
saltydog
0 Kudos

Hi - So does this mean "Life and Literature" is now defunct
Salty Dog
Blogger
IlanaSimons
0 Kudos

saltydog wrote:
Hi - So does this mean "Life and Literature" is now defunct

After a week or two, this board will be taken down.  Literature & Life will appear every Thursday as a blog on "Unabashedly Bookish."

Ilana

Frequent Contributor
saltydog
0 Kudos

Sorry to hear thatI've enjoyed "Life and Literature" for the past few years, mostly as a "lurker."  Thanks so much for being a truly original thinker and a great moderatorSee you on "that other" blog.
Salty Dog
Blogger
IlanaSimons
0 Kudos

saltydog wrote:
Sorry to hear thatI've enjoyed "Life and Literature" for the past few years, mostly as a "lurker."  Thanks so much for being a truly original thinker and a great moderatorSee you on "that other" blog.

Hey--thanks so much

That's deeply appreciated.

Ilana

Frequent Contributor
tgem
0 Kudos

Ilana,

I'm sorry to hear this.  Will the posts in this forum be archived or lost?  I hope B&N is going to archive them - I still go back and read the weeks before I ever participated.

Literature and Life, thanks to you, has been both brilliant and unique.

With love,

tgem

Inspired Correspondent
utopian
0 Kudos

Ditto.  I like re-reading the old posts too and have been trying to print them out in case they're lost.  The old format was one of the best things on the site and I'm sorry to see it go.

Blogger
IlanaSimons
0 Kudos

tgem wrote:

Ilana,

I'm sorry to hear this.  Will the posts in this forum be archived or lost?  I hope B&N is going to archive them - I still go back and read the weeks before I ever participated.

Literature and Life, thanks to you, has been both brilliant and unique.

With love,

tgem

Wow.  Thanks so much.  I think the board will be taken down in about a week.  But I so much appreciate this note.

Ilana

Blogger
IlanaSimons
0 Kudos

utopian wrote:

Ditto.  I like re-reading the old posts too and have been trying to print them out in case they're lost.  The old format was one of the best things on the site and I'm sorry to see it go.

Major thanks.  I often read peoples' work and get a lot out of it but don't spend the energy to tell them.  so huge thanks for this gift.

Ilana

Distinguished Wordsmith
Everyman
0 Kudos

I really regret the loss of this board, and you disappearing from individual view into the fog of the blog.

Not a good thing, IMO.  I'll miss you here. 

0 Kudos

I agree with Everyman. Not a good thing. (Agreeing with Everyman is a good thing. Your disappearance into the fog of the blog isn't.)

Everyman wrote:

I really regret the loss of this board, and you disappearing from individual view into the fog of the blog.

Distinguished Bibliophile
Peppermill
0 Kudos

Your disappearance into the fog of the blog isn't [a good thing].

Agreed.

Pepper

Sunltcloud wrote:
I agree with Everyman. Not a good thing. (Agreeing with Everyman is a good thing. Your disappearance into the fog of the blog isn't.)

Everyman wrote:

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
Blogger
IlanaSimons
0 Kudos

Just logging in now.  Everyman, SunltCloud, and Peppermill, thank you so much.  I'll be posting every Thursday morning in the new location.

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Unabashedly-Bookish/bg-p/UnabashedlyBookish/label-name/litera...

Ilana