Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 1,083
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
0 Kudos

PLAM: Part 2, "I'm Sorry, Hyong-chol"

Please use this thread for discussion of Part 2 of Please Look After Mom.

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
Melissa_W
0 Kudos

Re: PLAM: Part 2, "I'm Sorry, Hyong-chol"

Y'all are going to laugh- but I misplaced my book about halfway through part 2.  It's somewhere in the house (probaby under the furniture due to feline assistance)

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
Melissa_W
0 Kudos

I found it - finally.  The cats had knocked it behind my desk, into a little space just big enough for a paperback.  I found it while vacuuming.

Since I'm behind - and am swamped at work - I'd like to continue the discussion of Please Look After Mom through July and choose a book to read for August then.  Cool?

Melissa_W wrote:

Y'all are going to laugh- but I misplaced my book about halfway through part 2.  It's somewhere in the house (probaby under the furniture due to feline assistance)

Melissa W.
Inspired Wordsmith
chadadanielleKR

That's fine with me. Right now, I deep into Nadine Gordimer's latest anthology of short stories: Life Times and I'm enjoying tremendously one short story after another . I am about to translate one of them into French as part of a Master degree in English Literature which I'll try to complete in 2014.

As for PLAM, I really think that it was a well written book despite the unusual "place" of the narrator. Moreover its central  themes are universal: solitude, generation gap, relationship between husband and wife, town/country life differences, children/parents relationship,  illiteracy..Might be a bit too painful though...

Melissa_W
0 Kudos

Good luck with the Master's! :smileyhappy:

Yes, PLAM is very bittersweet.

chadadanielleKR wrote:

That's fine with me. Right now, I deep into Nadine Gordimer's latest anthology of short stories: Life Times and I'm enjoying tremendously one short story after another . I am about to translate one of them into French as part of a Master degree in English Literature which I'll try to complete in 2014.

As for PLAM, I really think that it was a well written book despite the unusual "place" of the narrator. Moreover its central  themes are universal: solitude, generation gap, relationship between husband and wife, town/country life differences, children/parents relationship,  illiteracy..Might be a bit too painful though...

Melissa W.
Frequent Contributor
Redcatlady
0 Kudos

chadadanielleKR wrote:

Very ambitious!  Good Luck!