Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 965
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
0 Kudos

THE FORGOTTEN GARDEN: Chapters 41 - Epilogue and the Whole Novel

Please use this thread for discussion of Chapters 41 - Epilogue and the Whole of The Forgotten Garden.

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
Correspondent
streamsong
0 Kudos

Re: THE FORGOTTEN GARDEN: Chapters 41 - Epilogue and the Whole Novel

Finished!

I found it light and enjoyable--more chick lit than mystery or literature although I didn't have Eliza's death figured out.

I enjoyed the three different time periods/voices to tell the story. I thought that part was intriguing and well done.

Inspired Wordsmith
chadadanielleKR

So did I, light and enjoyable, a bit twisted though.

I used to visit  a grandmother living in the British area mentioned in the book, and the coast  looked just like  it is described in the book. It is also the same area mentioned in "Rebecca" that we read earlier: high cliffs, small beaches, caves and small villages with very well kept tiny cottages (lawn, flowers beds, thatch roofs...), narrow roads with very high hedges (made out of thick bushes)  on each side (very frightening for the car driver!)

Wordsmith
Fozzie
0 Kudos

I liked the book very much!  It was easy reading, but I didn't find it light, though it certainly wasn't heavy.  

The ending, which told of what really happened with Ivory and Eliza, surprised me.  I thought the author did a great job of revealing things bit by bit.  

I didn't feel there was much to discuss though, given the way the book was written.

Laura

Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are.