New User
IBERnineD
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

A boy and his dragon? Old book!!!

When I was in elementary school (mid ninties) I read a series of books that were old when I read them, maybe from the '50's, '60's, or '70's.  They were about a young boy who had or met a dragon.  I think he rode/flew him as well.  I know they would fight foes, in far away places.  I remember one of the covers looked like they were in a forest of some sort, and it had the boy and the dragon on it. 

I know this is very vague but if you have any ideas I would greatly appreciate them! Thanks!!

New User
alishadd
0 Kudos

Re: A boy and his dragon? Old book!!!

Try  the book , My Fathers Dragon, by Ruth Stiles Gannett. There are three in this series, The Second book is called Elmer and the Dragon, and the third is called The Dragons of Blue Land. They were published in the 60's. They are still in print, and I believe celebrating 50 years in print. I hope this helps, and if this is not the book, it is a great book and you should check it out!

Best of Luck,

Alisha

New User
IBERnineD
0 Kudos

Thank you soo much!!! I entered them in Amazon and once I saw the covers I knew immediately that they were the ones!! Thank you really!
New User
alishadd
0 Kudos

You are so very welcome! I love those books!