Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Correspondent
Jennmarie68
0 Kudos

Book About Gun Culture

I started to read this book about 3 years ago. It's a book about the gun culture in America. I saw the book on either American Rifleman TV or Guns and Ammo TV.

The book followed a few different characters. I remember near the begining there was a military weapons "show" and they were shotting off new guns. Then one of the other stories followed a man taking his son in to get his first gun. 

I have no clue as to what the book was called. I do know it was a HUGE book. I think it had close to 1000 pages. It was about 3 or 4 inches thick. The author has never written anything else, that I'm aware of. The author is havily involved in the gun culture. I know he now makes and sells bullets, but I'm not sure if he did that when he wrote the book.

The book wasn't new either. I want to say it was from the early nineties but it could be much older than that. I also think there was a woman wearing red on the cover.

I know my details are a little sketchy, thus why I haven't been able to find the book on my own. It's a shot in the dark, but I'm hopefull someone knows what I'm talking about.

-Jennifer

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent.

Eleanor Roosevelt
Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 965
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
Solutions: 33
0 Kudos

Re: Book About Gun Culture

Hmm.  It doesn't show up in the catalogue, but a newer book on the subject is

Armed America   

Jennmarie68 wrote:

I started to read this book about 3 years ago. It's a book about the gun culture in America. I saw the book on either American Rifleman TV or Guns and Ammo TV.

The book followed a few different characters. I remember near the begining there was a military weapons "show" and they were shotting off new guns. Then one of the other stories followed a man taking his son in to get his first gun. 

I have no clue as to what the book was called. I do know it was a HUGE book. I think it had close to 1000 pages. It was about 3 or 4 inches thick. The author has never written anything else, that I'm aware of. The author is havily involved in the gun culture. I know he now makes and sells bullets, but I'm not sure if he did that when he wrote the book.

The book wasn't new either. I want to say it was from the early nineties but it could be much older than that. I also think there was a woman wearing red on the cover.

I know my details are a little sketchy, thus why I haven't been able to find the book on my own. It's a shot in the dark, but I'm hopefull someone knows what I'm talking about.

-Jennifer

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
Distinguished Correspondent
Jennmarie68
0 Kudos

Re: Book About Gun Culture

I've come across that one also. I want to finish the other one because it was a pretty decent book, but I had to return it to the library before I got a chance to finish it.

Thank you for your response. 

-Jennifer

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent.

Eleanor Roosevelt