Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
KidV
0 Kudos

Book about urban scavengers, old hotel, girl kept captive in a vault

[ Edited ]

The book was about a group of urban scavengers who decided to illegally go into an old, abandoned hotel. The hotel did have a specific name - which I can not recall - but I think it was a real hotel? Maybe? The owner of the hotel had a medical condition that caused him to bruise very easily and he lived in the penthouse of the hotel. He had peepholes installed into every room that he could look through. He witnessed several tragedies through these peepholes such as a son beating his abusive father to death with a baseball bat to the head and another tragedy involving a suitcase I think.

Anyway, the group goes in and there are other people in there who try to kill them - I can't remember why. The hotel was dangerous to be in since it had been sitting there - I think it began to flood for some reason at one point while they were in there. They also found a vault that had a girl in it who had been held captive for several years. I don't remember by who.

That's all I can really remember, but I really enjoyed this book and I would love to read it again!