New User
usrooks
0 Kudos

Book about woman who is drug addict, but she doesn't realise it.

So i'm desperatly in need of finding a book name and author if possible. I think it was a female author. I read this about 6 or 7yrs ago I think?

It's about a single female (in her 20's from memory). She enjoys going out..typical young adult stuff. The thing is, she doesn't realise she has a drug problem and the book makes you think she doesn't have a problem. It's very well written as you almost feel and think what this girl is thinking/feeling and when she gets forced to rehab your wondering why too.

She ends up realising she does have a problem and it takes her through rehab and getting out and the problems from there.

Need to find it as my sister is doing a short film assignment and I think this book would be great for her to read to give her an insite on the mind of an addict.

thanks in advance!

Contributor
Ruadh
0 Kudos

Re: Book about woman who is drug addict, but she doesn't realise it.

I thought this might be Rachel's Holiday by Marion Keyes. The heroine is persuaded into rehab by her family and she refuses to go initially as she doesn't think she has a problem. In the end she only goes because she thinks she'll see celebrities there.

I've included amazons description if that helps.

Product Description
'How did it end up like this? Twenty-seven, unemployed, mistaken for a drug addict, in a treatment centre in the back arse of nowhere with an empty Valium bottle in my knickers . . .'

Meet Rachel Walsh. She has a pair of size 8 feet and such a fondness for recreational drugs that her family has forked out the cash for a spell in Cloisters - Dublin's answer to the Betty Ford Clinic. She's only agreed to her incarceration because she's heard that rehab is wall-to-wall jacuzzis, gymnasiums and rock stars going tepid turkey - and it's about time she had a holiday.

But what Rachel doesn't count on are the toe-curling embarrassments heaped on her by family and group therapy, the dearth of sex, drugs and rock'n'roll - and missing Luke, her ex. What kind of a new start in life is this?