Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
usrooks
0 Kudos

Book about woman who is drug addict, but she doesn't realise it.

So i'm desperatly in need of finding a book name and author if possible. I think it was a female author. I read this about 6 or 7yrs ago I think?

It's about a single female (in her 20's from memory). She enjoys going out..typical young adult stuff. The thing is, she doesn't realise she has a drug problem and the book makes you think she doesn't have a problem. It's very well written as you almost feel and think what this girl is thinking/feeling and when she gets forced to rehab your wondering why too.

She ends up realising she does have a problem and it takes her through rehab and getting out and the problems from there.

Need to find it as my sister is doing a short film assignment and I think this book would be great for her to read to give her an insite on the mind of an addict.

thanks in advance!

Contributor
Ruadh
0 Kudos

Re: Book about woman who is drug addict, but she doesn't realise it.

I thought this might be Rachel's Holiday by Marion Keyes. The heroine is persuaded into rehab by her family and she refuses to go initially as she doesn't think she has a problem. In the end she only goes because she thinks she'll see celebrities there.

I've included amazons description if that helps.

Product Description
'How did it end up like this? Twenty-seven, unemployed, mistaken for a drug addict, in a treatment centre in the back arse of nowhere with an empty Valium bottle in my knickers . . .'

Meet Rachel Walsh. She has a pair of size 8 feet and such a fondness for recreational drugs that her family has forked out the cash for a spell in Cloisters - Dublin's answer to the Betty Ford Clinic. She's only agreed to her incarceration because she's heard that rehab is wall-to-wall jacuzzis, gymnasiums and rock stars going tepid turkey - and it's about time she had a holiday.

But what Rachel doesn't count on are the toe-curling embarrassments heaped on her by family and group therapy, the dearth of sex, drugs and rock'n'roll - and missing Luke, her ex. What kind of a new start in life is this?