Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
AureliaMB
0 Kudos

Book where girl gets pregnant by brother

It's been a while since I've read this book, but I remember a few things, they may not be completely accurate, but if it's wrong, it isn't far off. I chose the subject because I figured that part would catch a lot of people's eye. And some of the things are stupid little things to remember and might not make any sense.

-It centers around two siblings, brother and sister

-The book starts with a man talking to a girl, who is his daughter daughter, and it describes the girl having a shoulder holster with a gun.

-I think it's kind of a gang-like world..with two rival gangs ruling the world, with the father being the leader of one gang. (not completely sure about that one)

-The sister is engaged to a man that might be her father's rival When she goes into his territory he breaks her legs, or does something similar so she can never walk again, and so can never escape from him. He puts her in a house high above the ground and keeps her imprisoned there.

-Her brother goes into his territory, but is attacked by something (I'm thinking piglike...) and his face becomes ruined.

-The girl does some magic like things? And gets pregnant by her brother, though he doesn't know about it. The girl's husband thinks it's his kid.

-There MIGHT be a dagger on the cover. I'm really not sure about that one either.

Most of this might not make sense...at all...to anyone but me,. but if anyone can help, I would really appreciate it:smileyhappy:

Contributor
Ruadh
0 Kudos

Re: Book where girl gets pregnant by brother

This is Blood Tide by Melvin Burgess - all the details match up.

Here's a link to the Wiki entry .

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloodtide_(novel)