New User
StoryTeller51
0 Kudos

Can't remember the title of a book based on greek mythology

I'm looking for a book I read 10 years ago and can't remember much about except some of the plot. I  believe it starts out with these kids ( I think they were kids, pre-teens, or something) in ancient Greece are servants to Either King Polydectes or  Phineus (not sure of the name). During the king's feast, a man I assume was perseus, came up to the table and revealed medusa's head. The boy (don't remember his name), was in the kitchens when this happening. The other servants went to see what was going on and boy did too, but couldn't see through the crowd , so he held up a silver platter to see off the reflection. Then when the man left the boy discovered that everyone in the room have been turned to stone including a girl I think was her sister(or friend). I don't remember much except that he trying to get her turned back, and at point I think they were on a boat and need to get past a sea creature (possibly Scylla) with six heads, and they fooled the creature by making dummies and hiding under the seats of the boat and I don't remember anything thing else after that. If it helps the front cover has a man(Perseus) in cloak (I think) holding Medusa's head to the people in before him in  front view (perseus facing towards us, the reader).

I'd appcriate any help with the name of theis book, thanks.

New User
StoryTeller51
0 Kudos

Re: Can't remember the title of a book based on greek mythology

Never mind, I found out the found the book. It's called "Singer to the Sea God"