Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
CoreyEly
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Can't remember this book title/author. 1 day in this place is 1 year in real life

I read this book in 6th or 7th grade. I remember it being kind of creepy, especially the drawings in between chapters. I remember one shows a wierd woman with her nipples showing(my teacher blacked all of them out in all the books haha!) It was young kid (possibly 2 or 3 kids) that cross something(wall or fence possibly) that takes them into this new dimension/world which consists of this big house that every day you experience all 4 seasons as well as celebrate all the holidays. The kid/group end up staying at this place for a week maybe a month, when they go back across to go back home it is years later and the parents do not recognize the kid or something like that. PLEASE HELP!

Frequent Contributor
SallieVern

Re: Can't remember this book title/author. 1 day in this place is 1 year in real life

"The Thief of Always" by Clive Barker"

Mr. Hood's Holiday House has stood for a thousand years, welcoming countless children into its embrace. It is a place of miracles where every childhood whim may be satisfied. There is a price to be paid, of course, but young Harvey Swick, bored with his life and beguiled by Mr. Hood's wonders, does not stop to consider the consequences. It is only when the house shows its darker face—when Harvey discovers the pitiful creatures that dwell in its shadows—that he comes to doubt Mr. Hood's philanthropy.

But the house and its mysterious architect are not about to release their captive without a battle. Mr. Hood has ambitions for his new guest, for Harvey's soul burns brighter than any he has encountered in ten centuries ."

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/thief-of-always-clive-barker/1100258519?ean=9780061684265

New User
CoreyEly
0 Kudos

Re: Can't remember this book title/author. 1 day in this place is 1 year in real life

Oh my god! Yes!! Thank you so much. I have been searching and searching vaguely online with nothing to show for it. Thank you so much!