Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Aaron_WK
0 Kudos

Children's Puzzle Book from 80s or 90s

Greetings all,

I'm currently attempting to find a puzzle book that I had as a child. I've been raking my brain over and over, for the better part of a year to try and remember the title, or names of characters in the book. Unfortunately this has not proven fruitful. I've tried google searching, using different book finder sites, and even certain keywords in Amazon, all of this has been to no avail.

Here is what I do remember about the book, which hopefully may be useful for anyone willing to assist me in finding out the title.

As I've mentioned, it was a puzzle book but there was a story that was included in it. I don't remember exact specifics, but I do remember some general snippets of it. Essentially it was about two siblings; a brother and sister, and their dog who visited a museum or art gallery. They met with a guide or a guard at this venue, and explored it looking at different exhibits that were about a fictional explorer/adventurer. Each adventure that this explorer partook in was on a single page in the book, the guide explained the back story of what happened in it, and the rest of the pages were a colourful assortment of different areas (scuba diving, Egyptian tomb, Chinese city, African tribe, etc.) where there would be some kind of puzzle which replicated what the adventurer did there (finding different artifacts, mazes, finding different creatures, etc.)

At the end of it, there was a secret that they discovered, which was about the main feature of this exhibit; two solid gold lions.

I can remember somewhat of the cover. It was an illustration of the children, guide, and dog running from a boulder indiana jones style, while in some kind of Mesoamerican tomb or temple of some sort, and there were also green/yellow coloured snakes in the foreground. The colour of the spine was orange, and it was a hardcover book. The size was perhaps (this is a very rough estimate, trying to picture it in my mind)

Height: 70 cm (approx 28 inches)

Width: 35 cm (approx 14 inches)

I don't recall the age of the book, but I'm assuming it's from the 80s or 90s, given that I had it in my possession around 1995, and it belonged to my elder sister before that, but I don't know how long she had it. Possibly not before 1991, but that's just a guess on my part.

If anyone could help, I would greatly appreciate it. If you need any more information, please ask specific questions so that I could attempt to pick my brain in order to be more helpful.

New User
mr_saturn
0 Kudos

Re: Children's Puzzle Book from 80s or 90s

Check out Usborne Young Puzzle Books.