New User
Nooshka
0 Kudos

Children's book about puppet/toys coming to life

When I was in 5th grade our teacher read this book to us and for the life of  me I can't remember the name! This was in 1993-1994 and all I remember is that it was about puppets (or toys) coming to life at night. I know there were the good puppets/toys going up against the bad ones. I want to say that the plot was about the good guys trying to leave but couldn't because of the bad guys and that some variation of the word "puppet" was in the title but I could be wrong. It had pictures and text and I remember the dust jacket being white with a dark picture on the front. I know, not a lot to go on.

Does anyone have any idea of what I am talking about?! Any help would be great!

Thanks!!!

Distinguished Bibliophile
MacMcK1957
0 Kudos

Re: Children's book about puppet/toys coming to life

You don't suppose it could have been a children's book adaptation of The Nutcracker, do you?

New User
Thisisthegirl
0 Kudos

Nooshka wrote:

When I was in 5th grade our teacher read this book to us and for the life of  me I can't remember the name! This was in 1993-1994 and all I remember is that it was about puppets (or toys) coming to life at night. I know there were the good puppets/toys going up against the bad ones. I want to say that the plot was about the good guys trying to leave but couldn't because of the bad guys and that some variation of the word "puppet" was in the title but I could be wrong. It had pictures and text and I remember the dust jacket being white with a dark picture on the front. I know, not a lot to go on.

Does anyone have any idea of what I am talking about?! Any help would be great!

Thanks!!!

it wasn't 'the indian in the cupboard series' was it?

New User
MegOmega
0 Kudos

Could it be Dean Koontz's Oddkins? I read that book when I was little and tried to remember it for years.  I was stoked when I saw it in a pile of stuff my sister was donating to GoodWill.  It's a rather dark story for children, but I loved it!