Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader
Chelly_Madock
0 Kudos

Contemporary romance anthology

The book I'm looking for had two stories in it, although if one was printed somewhere else as well that's fine.

I didn't read all of the first story (and now I want to) but it began with the female lead expecting to get a promotion, but that's not what happens when she's called into her boss's office. He believes that she has been sleeping with on of the managers, and he doesn't mind her trying to sleep her way to the top, but he minds her not doing it with him. The manager he thinks she's sleeping with is married and just her friend. He tries to blackmail her into sleeping with him (didn't read far enough to know if he succeeds or not), and one of his pieces of "evidence" that she's sleeping with the manager is that he had given her an expensive piece of jewelry. She invites him over to her house so that he can see things for himself: she and the manager were throwing a surprise party for his wife at her house and he asked her to keep hold of the jewelry so his wife doesn't find it before hand. The boss doesn't believe it.      (That's where I stopped)

The second story involved a woman accidental breaking into someone cabin at night, by climbing through the window, and being greeted with either a crossbow or a bow&arrow wielding man, who is not happy about the break in. He pats her down to make sure that she's not carrying any weapons, and then listens to her excuse. She was upset by recent events and coming to visit a cabin she had rented nearby and didn't realize that she was trying to get into the wrong one. Because she was frustrated when the door didn't open she decided to go through the window almost immediately, which was why he didn't have time to check the door. Her story checks out and he leads her to her cabin. They meet up again a few times, talk, and get to know each other. He writes action novels with a strong romantic component (missing only the "I love you"s), and she was upset that a college professor/college had stolen her work, and didn't give her any credit. He convinces her to go confront the man, and she finds out that it had been her recently ex-boyfriend or maybe potential boyfriend that had given him her work. He (professor) told the ex that even though he (the ex) told him not to give credit, he did (but not to her, b/c he didn't know it was hers). She realizes that it's the ex who's the no good creep and not the professor, and decides it's not worth the effort getting upset at him or trying to fix things (that threw me a bit), so she and her new lover head back to the cabins.

Thanks, any help would be appreciated!